Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Mar 14th 2013 new
(Quote) Rene-950404 said: My vote goes for cats as I have had 4 over my lifetime so far. Layla my current brown tabby will likely outlive ...
(Quote) Rene-950404 said:

My vote goes for cats as I have had 4 over my lifetime so far. Layla my current brown tabby will likely outlive me. I grew up w/farm dogs so like them to but having to exercise them in the pouring rain or snow is not much fun. Cats are easier.I go mine as a feral kitten ( the mama catwas hauled off by animal srvices to be euthonized) Layla learned to wear a harness so she could go outside on a leash . Pet owners mostly need to be resposible. When I was very ill w/my breast cancer she was by my side every night somewtimes even laying on my chest if I was not getting out of bed .She I'm sure would have know the moment if I had passed away. Either way growing up w/some type of pet is good for all kids.

--hide--

thats a touching story rene----maybe ill change my cat opinion because of it
Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: My current cats (Skunkalicious, Tiger, Lewis, and Scamper) are great fun.
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

My current cats (Skunkalicious, Tiger, Lewis, and Scamper) are great fun.

--hide--

Hmmm, I think the general consensus in the cat-lover world is that once you have 5 or more cats, you are officially a "cat lady". You have one more to go. wink wave

My vote goes to cats hands-down. They are a much easier to take care of, you don't have to rush home from work to walk them or keep them company, and they are cleaner animals too. My kitty is very affectionate when I have the time to spend with her, but at the same time doesn't demand too much attention when I don't.

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: I heard something on TV a few weeks ago about how each year cats kill millions of other animals in t...
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

I heard something on TV a few weeks ago about how each year cats kill millions of other animals in this country. Iknow for a fact that they kill baby bunny rabbits, song birds and pheasant chicks.

Not a huge cat hater, but don't think there should be so many of them, and they shouldn't be glorified like on TV commercials.

--hide--

It might help if more folks would spay/neuter there cats before they come into their first season. Ihave two cats and that is what I did. Too many people get a kitten and bring it home because they are so cute and they loose interest in them soon afterwards and that is where the problem begins in most cases.

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said: It might help if more folks would spay/neuter there cats before they come into their...
(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said:

It might help if more folks would spay/neuter there cats before they come into their first season. Ihave two cats and that is what I did. Too many people get a kitten and bring it home because they are so cute and they loose interest in them soon afterwards and that is where the problem begins in most cases.

--hide--

I agree with you Elizabeth. Spray and neuter, all the way! clap I've always made it a practice to get my critters fixed as soon as they are 6 months old. Yes it costs but if people were truly aware of how many animals are unwanted, neglected and abused, they would see the value in having this done. My animals are always rescue animals and the love and devotion they give us in return leaves me with no doubt that they somehow sense this and are eternally grateful.

Mar 14th 2013 new

I'm deffinitely a dog person. Nevertheless, when the kids were little, I had at the same time AT LEAST: 2 dogs, a chicken & a rooster, a pair of ducks, bunniues (one was disabled), turtles, birds, fish... (no room for mice nor roaches! laughing) I live smack in the middle of the city. Luckily, my neighbours didn't mind.

I've always wanted a cat, but I'm so protective that I'd worry everytime it goes to do its rounds. The last year, on haloween (that I don't celebrate), a black cat came to greet me out of the blues! She now come by from time to time ana I offer her food. She nblees at it while I sit in the garage (we don't have closed ingarages here). The she goes to the dorr, as if she thanked me for the food, but really just wants to go in! I have 2 dogs at the moment, so she'll not have a chance. Whe she first "adopted me" that halloween, I thought: Opps, my ex was right: I'm a witch! shhh

Oh, I had a goat, too, for a week while it waited to be sent to the countryside.

Mari

Mar 14th 2013 new
I'm really enjoying reading everyone's pet stories :0) This is a great thread. I definitely relate: grew up in the city in tiny quarters but my mother took in anything that arrived! Thanks to the ladies who gave the plug for spay/neuter. I work in the field and have Seen the results of overpopulation and neglect. Breaks my heart.
Mar 14th 2013 new
Ps I must put in a good word for rats as pets. Yes....I said rats. When parents ask me about a good first pet I say rats. Why? Well....they are VERY smart and easily trained, are curious and personable ( read they don't bite like gerbils and hamster) and the life span is 18- 24 months. They die before the child gets sick of them!!! Terrible, I know. But they are fun. Go for the male ones...more friendly.
Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Mari-894290 said: I'm deffinitely a dog person. Nevertheless, when the kids were little, I had at the same time ...
(Quote) Mari-894290 said:

I'm deffinitely a dog person. Nevertheless, when the kids were little, I had at the same time AT LEAST: 2 dogs, a chicken & a rooster, a pair of ducks, bunniues (one was disabled), turtles, birds, fish... (no room for mice nor roaches! ) I live smack in the middle of the city. Luckily, my neighbours didn't mind.

I've always wanted a cat, but I'm so protective that I'd worry everytime it goes to do its rounds. The last year, on haloween (that I don't celebrate), a black cat came to greet me out of the blues! She now come by from time to time ana I offer her food. She nblees at it while I sit in the garage (we don't have closed ingarages here). The she goes to the dorr, as if she thanked me for the food, but really just wants to go in! I have 2 dogs at the moment, so she'll not have a chance. Whe she first "adopted me" that halloween, I thought: Opps, my ex was right: I'm a witch!

Oh, I had a goat, too, for a week while it waited to be sent to the countryside.

Mari

--hide--

I love black cats and I am no witch. There coats are shiny velvety making them the most elegant of all cats.

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Susan-940526 said: Ps I must put in a good word for rats as pets. Yes....I said rats. When parents ask me about a good firs...
(Quote) Susan-940526 said: Ps I must put in a good word for rats as pets. Yes....I said rats. When parents ask me about a good first pet I say rats. Why? Well....they are VERY smart and easily trained, are curious and personable ( read they don't bite like gerbils and hamster) and the life span is 18- 24 months. They die before the child gets sick of them!!! Terrible, I know. But they are fun. Go for the male ones...more friendly.
--hide--

eyepopping shockedfaint

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said: I love black cats and I am no witch. There coats are shiny velvety making them the mo...
(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said:

I love black cats and I am no witch. There coats are shiny velvety making them the most elegant of all cats.

--hide--

If you keep your cat indoors they will be safer and live longer. Mine lived to be 17 and he was diabetic (insuline dependent) for the last half of his life. Had I only known more he might have lived longer.

Posts 21 - 30 of 61