Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Let go and let God.

Sounds simple, right? Not so.

As someone who has issues with trust, I have struggled with this for a while. It's diffucult to hand over the reins to God when you think you know what you are doing and how you want it done. More or less, I like to be in control of things, but that cannot be so. At least I went out on a limb and tried on-line dating. (It's a bit more productive than sitting around waiting for Mr. Right to fall from the sky.) cloud

But, aside from prayer (we all know that's the #1 answer), what are some other ways that you are able to "Let Go and Let God" ?

03/12/2013 new

Every time I attend Mass, I begin with the prayer of St. Ignatius. I probably repeat it three or four times during Mass.

"Take, O Lord, and receive my entire liberty, my memory, my understanding, and my whole will.
All that I am and all that I have, You have give me.
I surrender it all to You to be disposed of according to Your Will.
Give me only Your Love and Your Grace.
With these I will be rich enough, and will desire nothing more."

03/12/2013 new

(Quote) Gina-934277 said: Let go and let God.Sounds simple, right? Not so. As someone who has issues with tru...
(Quote) Gina-934277 said:

Let go and let God.

As someone who has issues with trust, I have struggled with this for a while. It's diffucult to hand over the reins to God when you think you know what you are doing and how you want it done. More or less, I like to be in control of things, but that cannot be so. At least I went out on a limb and tried on-line dating. (It's a bit more productive than sitting around waiting for Mr. Right to fall from the sky.)

But, aside from prayer (we all know that's the #1 answer), what are some other ways that you are able to "Let Go and Let God" ?

--hide--

Well, Gina, that's what I was going previous to this...waiting for God's will to fall into my lap. ;-)

Aside from prayer? I'm not sure...I think I resisted God's will for so long that eventually I became restless because I felt boxed in and just let it all go. I am way more stuborn than I knew, because I must renew this desire on a daily basis...and I frequently fail. I often try to force myself to go out on a limb and do something random, like giving extra of my hard earned money into the collection (a big thing for me since I tend to be rigid about finances), or going to spend time with someone when I'm not sure they really like me well, etc.

I don't think there really are any effective ways without prayer.

03/12/2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Every time I attend Mass, I begin with the prayer of St. Ignatius. I probably repeat it three or ...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Every time I attend Mass, I begin with the prayer of St. Ignatius. I probably repeat it three or four times during Mass.

"Take, O Lord, and receive my entire liberty, my memory, my understanding, and my whole will.
All that I am and all that I have, You have give me.
I surrender it all to You to be disposed of according to Your Will.
Give me only Your Love and Your Grace.
With these I will be rich enough, and will desire nothing more."

--hide--

One of my very favorite prayers!

03/13/2013 new

(Quote) Gina-934277 said: Let go and let God.Sounds simple, right? Not so. As someone who has issues with tru...
(Quote) Gina-934277 said:

Let go and let God.

As someone who has issues with trust, I have struggled with this for a while. It's diffucult to hand over the reins to God when you think you know what you are doing and how you want it done. More or less, I like to be in control of things, but that cannot be so. At least I went out on a limb and tried on-line dating. (It's a bit more productive than sitting around waiting for Mr. Right to fall from the sky.)

--hide--

Gina,

Whether it is waiting on "Mr. Right," a job promotion, a friend to turn his or her life around, etc. I think some of the best solutions other than prayer are Bible studies, getting more involved with positive environments and actions (such as pro-life movements) and advancing ones-self. In other words--stay distracted! There is a saying that idle hands are the devil's works. I don't know about that, but what I do know is that if you are distracted, then you have less time to worry about what you want and don't have. Just my two cents. :)

Posts 1 - 5 of 5