Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

If you like to read about anything Catholic, this site has many books on the saints theology and much more. The only thing is you will have to book mark the site to keep your page in the book you read. Enjoy all. www.catholictreasury.info

Mar 13th 2013 new
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: If you like to read about anything Catholic, this site has many books on the saints theology and much more. Th...
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said:

If you like to read about anything Catholic, this site has many books on the saints theology and much more. The only thing is you will have to book mark the site to keep your page in the book you read. Enjoy all. www.catholictreasury.info

--hide--

Thanks for posting this Thomas, I'm always in search of edifying Catholic reading. As it is, I won't get through even a hundredth of what I'd like to read as I'm sure you well understand.
Mar 13th 2013 new

Thanks for the link Thomas.For those who want to purchase good Catholic Books.www.tanbooks.com

Mar 13th 2013 new

Thank you Thomas for sharing the site, it is always good to have a source that provides good Catholic reading.

Mar 13th 2013 new

ethereal classics is a great online library. many catholic books in there - although it is the library of a protestant college. lots of patristic writers.

Mar 13th 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: ethereal classics is a great online library. many catholic books in there - although it is the li...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

ethereal classics is a great online library. many catholic books in there - although it is the library of a protestant college. lots of patristic writers.

--hide--
David, How did you make this connection??? I can't find where it says what you are saying.I did not know it was protestant??? It says a the top of the page it submits all is from the catholic church. The books are great, I have already read many of them. As long as it is legit in the books it is offering, it will be fine.

Mar 13th 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: ethereal classics is a great online library. many catholic books in there - although it is the li...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

--hide--
I stand corected you are talking about another online sorce for reading. Sorry i read to fast.

Mar 13th 2013 new

Just in case anyone is worried about who this site is from???

2. Who is responsible for the site?

As a reader, I believe you have some right to know who I am.

Briefly, I am a Catholic layman with a wonderful family that includes four children who are now young adults. I see them grow, observe their concerns and difficulties and try to help. But everyone's struggle is their own. It is partly in response to their needs that I commenced this site.

Because I have no official status or particular expertise in theology etc, the format of the site is to let the experts speak for themselves. I am a compiler and (to some extent) editor, nothing more; doing a little here and there to make their message clear to people in a hurry.

I have no particular axe to grind that I am aware of, just a need for help on my journey. For that I rely principally on the help and guidance of our holy mother the Church who continues Christ's work through the ages.

Mar 13th 2013 new
Thank-you, Thomas. I love to read mostly non-fiction, but admittedly spend too much money on books. Biographies and classics are favorite of mine. There cannot be enough biographies written about Saint Francis.

Recently I found a site that is pretty much for musicians. I think it is "musica_sacra." Researching books to buy about Gregorian chant, instead I found this site, where many great starter books are available for free right online about chant.
Mar 13th 2013 new
Thanks Thomas!! Won't bust the budget for a while. I buy too many books for sure
Posts 1 - 10 of 13