Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Praying that all negative attacks on Pope Francis will stop!
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Praying that all negative attacks on Pope Francis will stop!

--hide--
Grow up.No one is attacking the Pope.

Mar 14th 2013 new
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: First of all, no one knows what comment you are responding to. <...

First of all, no one knows what comment you are responding to.

Secondly, Pope Francis has been in his job for 1 day. No one has the right to judge someone who has been in his job for one day and hasn't done ANYTHING wrong!

--hide--

What you can do is raise concerns, which are legitimate. The jury is still out on Pope Francis.
Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: (Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Fir...
(Quote) John-220051 said:
Quote:
Patricia-29176 said:

First of all, no one knows what comment you are responding to.

Secondly, Pope Francis has been in his job for 1 day. No one has the right to judge someone who has been in his job for one day and hasn't done ANYTHING wrong!

What you can do is raise concerns, which are legitimate. The jury is still out on Pope Francis.
--hide--
Exactly.The drama has to stop already.

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Grow up.No one is attacking the Pope.
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

--hide--

Shame on you, Bernard. You are now attacking me for praying for Pope Francis thus demonstrating your disrespect for both me and Pope Francis.

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: (Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Grow up.No one is attacking the Pope. ...

Quote:
Bernard-2709 said:

Shame on you, Bernard. You are now attacking me for praying for Pope Francis thus demonstrating your disrespect for both me and Pope Francis.

--hide--
You are letting your emotions controll you Patrica.No one is attacking the Pope.

Mar 14th 2013 new
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: I'm confused. I thought we were all Catholics - members of the universal Holy Roman Catholic Church. I fi...

I'm confused. I thought we were all Catholics - members of the universal Holy Roman Catholic Church. I find this labelling of Traditional vs. Novus Ordo divisive and unproductive. Certainly, one can go to regular Masses or Latin Masses, and I have been to both. Actually, the Masses I like best were in a small historical Church in a southern suburb of Los Angeles that seemed to be a combination of the two as some of it was in Latin and some of it was in English and the priest there gave wonderful "teaching" sermons. I think the name of the town was San Pedro (but I"m not sure as this was in 2003-04, and I honestly don't remember the name of the Church.)

That said, let us stop this divisiveness, and come together to support our new Pope Francis. Give him a chance. See what he does. Listen to what he says. Read what he writes. (Has anyone here read ANY of his 10 books?)

In my opinion, it takes 6 months to get used to a new job (and I've had plenty of practice at that, since I had 3 careers and I haven't even counted up how many jobs). So, give Pope Francis at least 6 months before you start judging him or commenting on his perceived deficits.

I doubt that anyone on this site could match or even come close to Pope Francis in holiness, humility, intelligence, living a simple lifestyle, compassion to those with AIDS, gentleness, and courage in taking on the reform of his own order of Jesuits.

When you think about criticizing him, please think first about what you personally have contributed to this world and what you have done for Christ. And, I am not addressing this to any particular person on CM, but to anyone who is judging or naysaying or criticizing or devaluing Pope Francis.

Please remember "Judge not lest ye be judged". Better to focus on our own deficits and spend the time in prayer, then to waste time here commenting on the perceived deficits of others - especially someone as holy as Pope Francis!

Thanks be to God for our new Pope Francis!

--hide--

Would you have said judge not regarding Pope Alexander VI? en.wikipedia.org

Patrica, Jesus is referring to judging someone's soul and not legitimitely raising questions about a person's character and actions. I love it when mostly liberals ignorantly invoke this verse to arrogantly shutdown debate.

The "progressives" started this divisiveness during and immediately after Vatican II when they thought they were founding a new religion. St. Paul said to hold fast to tradition 2 Thessalonians 2:15 and that anyone who teaches another gospel is subject to anathema Galatians 1:8.

I withhold judgment about Pope Francis until I see him in action, but I don't see much to be optimistic about.

If he is another John Paul II the Church in the West is 100 percent finished. JP2 was a terrible administrator who failed to discipline erring bishops and clergy. He covered for the sex abuse scandals. We need a St. Pius X not a John Paul II.
Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: Would you have said judge not regarding Pope Alexander VI? en.wikipedia.org.
(Quote) John-220051 said:

Would you have said judge not regarding Pope Alexander VI? en.wikipedia.org

Patrica, Jesus is referring to judging someone's soul and not legitimitely raising questions about a person's character and actions. I love it when mostly liberals ignorantly invoke this verse to arrogantly shutdown debate.

The "progressives" started this divisiveness during and immediately after Vatican II when they thought they were founding a new religion. St. Paul said to hold fast to tradition 2 Thessalonians 2:15 and that anyone who teaches another gospel is subject to anathema Galatians 1:8.

I withhold judgment about Pope Francis until I see him in action, but I don't see much to be optimistic about.

If he is another John Paul II the Church in the West is 100 percent finished. JP2 was a terrible administrator who failed to discipline erring bishops and clergy. He covered for the sex abuse scandals. We need a St. Pius X not a John Paul II.
--hide--
Amen.

Mar 14th 2013 new

Praying that all negative attacks on Pope Francis will stop! Praying pope theheart

Mar 14th 2013 new

Praying that all negative attacks on Pope Francis will stop! Praying pope theheart

Mar 14th 2013 new

Posts 151 - 160 of 193