Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Mar 15th 2013 new
Just as it is lawful to resist the pope that attacks the body, it is also lawful to resist the one who attacks souls or who disturbs civil order, or, above all, who attempts to destroy the Church. I say that it is lawful to resist him by not doing what he orders and preventing his will from being executed. (De Romano Pontifice, Lib. II, Ch. 29)

St. Robert Bellarmine
Mar 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernie-350671 said: You may be right, but if you believe all Popes were good, you would be wrong.
(Quote) Bernie-350671 said:

You may be right, but if you believe all Popes were good, you would be wrong.

--hide--

As Patricia has repeatedly pointed out, since you do not include the post to which you are responding, nobody has any clue what you are talking about.

Mar 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: The forums are to discuss issues,and I am discussing that I have a concern;that The New Pope is n...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

The forums are to discuss issues,and I am discussing that I have a concern;that The New Pope is not freindly toward the Latin Mass.It is of utmost concern to me,because I have family and freinds who are Traditionalists.Benedict set the ball in motion on correcting these issues. I hope the new Pope follows through.His track record is not great in this area,so we will pray.To call it an attack on the Pope is an over reaction.To accuse me of being Prideful, or Wretched (like David said) is a personal attack, and against Forum rules.

--hide--

You don't have a concern. You have an obsession.

Francis has barely been named and all you can think about is promoting one single form of the Mass. You've already managed to drag the SSPX into the discussion.

There is more to the Catholic Church than your complete obsession with Latin.

Mar 15th 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: What you can do is raise concerns, which are legitimate. The jury is still out on Pope Francis.
(Quote) John-220051 said:

What you can do is raise concerns, which are legitimate. The jury is still out on Pope Francis.
--hide--

He's just been named.

Why the heck is he even on trial already? Shouldn't he be given the chance to do something before we're calling for juries?

Mar 15th 2013 new

(Quote) John-336509 said: (Quote) Bernard-2709 said: The forums are to discuss issues,and I am discus...
(Quote) John-336509 said:

Quote:
Bernard-2709 said:

The forums are to discuss issues,and I am discussing that I have a concern;that The New Pope is not freindly toward the Latin Mass.It is of utmost concern to me,because I have family and freinds who are Traditionalists.Benedict set the ball in motion on correcting these issues. I hope the new Pope follows through.His track record is not great in this area,so we will pray.To call it an attack on the Pope is an over reaction.To accuse me of being Prideful, or Wretched (like David said) is a personal attack, and against Forum rules.

You don't have a concern. You have an obsession.

Francis has barely been named and all you can think about is promoting one single form of the Mass. You've already managed to drag the SSPX into the discussion.

There is more to the Catholic Church than your complete obsession with Latin.

--hide--
It has nothing to do with Latin per se.I would like to see the Old Mass celebrated in English.

Mar 15th 2013 new
(Quote) John-336509 said: He's just been named. Why the heck is he even on trial already? Shouldn'...
(Quote) John-336509 said:

He's just been named.

Why the heck is he even on trial already? Shouldn't he be given the chance to do something before we're calling for juries?

--hide--

What's wrong with a little healthy skepticism? Maybe you take all expressions literally.

Like: "There are two ways to skin a cat, yours and mine."
Mar 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Correct.We were bringing to light his actions when he was an Archbishop regarding the Old Latin M...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

Correct.We were bringing to light his actions when he was an Archbishop regarding the Old Latin Mass.

--hide--

Which you were wrong to critisize because in no way tdid he disobey BXVI modus proprio "Summorum."

Benedict was very clear in "Summorum" that the Ordinary of any diocese has an absolute right to dictate how the liturgy is Publicly clebrated in their Sees.

No priest was given the right to celebrate TLM publicly without permission of his Bishop.

You have absolutely no grounds to claim he disobeyed the Pope on the matter. Obviously, you have the right to be disappointed that Pope Francis did not appear to have much of an inclination to freely allow the public use of TLM in Buenos Airies.

Mar 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernie-350671 said: Incorrect. We have the right to judge his performance as Pope. St. Paul criticized St. Peter for...
(Quote) Bernie-350671 said:

Incorrect. We have the right to judge his performance as Pope. St. Paul criticized St. Peter for his actions and attitude.

Liberal Catholics certainly criticize Popes for their being conservative. Why are we as conservative Catholics excluded from doing so?

--hide--

For God's sake, the guy has been Pope for exactlyone day, what is there to critisize?

Mar 15th 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: I'm concerned about his reported commitment to phony ecumenism (religious indifferentism). It has bee...
(Quote) John-220051 said: I'm concerned about his reported commitment to phony ecumenism (religious indifferentism). It has been reported that he opposed the implementation of Anglicanorum Coetibus, which setup the Anglican Ordinariates.

Too many Catholics seem to think one Church is as good as another, and meaningless ecumenical gatherings with Protestants hasn't helped. It's only led to Catholics becoming more Protestant and not the other way around.
--hide--

THE SYLLABUS OF ERRORS CONDEMNED BY PIUS IX

III. INDIFFERENTISM, LATITUDINARIANISM (these errors below are condemned)

15. Every man is free to embrace and profess that religion which, guided by the light of reason, he shall consider true. -- Allocution "Maxima quidem," June 9, 1862; Damnatio "Multiplices inter," June 10, 1851.

16. Man may, in the observance of any religion whatever, find the way of eternal salvation, and arrive at eternal salvation. -- Encyclical "Qui pluribus," Nov. 9, 1846.

17. Good hope at least is to be entertained of the eternal salvation of all those who are not at all in the true Church of Christ. -- Encyclical "Quanto conficiamur," Aug. 10, 1863, etc.

18. Protestantism is nothing more than another form of the same true Christian religion, in which form it is given to please God equally as in the Catholic Church. -- Encyclical "Noscitis," Dec. 8, 1849.

www.papalencyclicals.net

Mar 15th 2013 new

Praying that all negative attacks on Pope Francis will stop! Praying pope theheart

Posts 161 - 170 of 193