Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Mar 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Charles-512043 said: The full text of Pope Francis's first sermon as Pope: www.catholicherald.co.uk.
(Quote) Charles-512043 said: The full text of Pope Francis's first sermon as Pope: www.catholicherald.co.uk

Also of interest, here is his Lenten letter for this year, written as Cardinal Bergoglio: www.catholic.com
--hide--

Thank you Charles!

Mar 15th 2013 new

I really do not see why on earth this thread had to get all heated up, rolling eyes but O well some folks have a need for drama I guess.

Mar 15th 2013 new

(Quote) John-336509 said: (Quote) Bernard-2709 said: It has nothing to do with Latin per se.I would l...
(Quote) John-336509 said:

Quote:
Bernard-2709 said:

It has nothing to do with Latin per se.I would like to see the Old Mass celebrated in English.

You're avoiding the issue. You have an abosolute obsession with one form of liturgy, and we all know it.

--hide--
Actually,I prefer the Byzantine Liturgy of St.Jon Chrysostom or any eastern liturgy over the Traditional Latin Liturgy.Especially the Byzantine Russian or Romanian interpretation.I also think married men should be allowed to be ordained in the Roman Rite,like the Eastern Rites.Although there are still heavy restrictions in the eastern rites, that should likewise be lifted.

Mar 15th 2013 new
(Quote) John-336509 said: What's wrong with letting the guy actually do his job before you start registering complaint...
(Quote) John-336509 said:

What's wrong with letting the guy actually do his job before you start registering complaints?

--hide--

That's why I said the jury is still out.
Mar 15th 2013 new
(Quote) Edward-4511 said: The word from CNN, though, is that he is a follower of the Church's "most conservat...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said:

The word from CNN, though, is that he is a follower of the Church's "most conservative wing". news.blogs.cnn.com

--hide--

You can trust CNN as far as you can throw them. CNN considers keeping the traditional definition of marriage an extreme position.
Mar 15th 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: Would you have said judge not regarding Pope Alexander VI? en.wikipedia.org.
(Quote) John-220051 said:

Would you have said judge not regarding Pope Alexander VI? en.wikipedia.org

Patrica, Jesus is referring to judging someone's soul and not legitimitely raising questions about a person's character and actions. I love it when mostly liberals ignorantly invoke this verse to arrogantly shutdown debate.

The "progressives" started this divisiveness during and immediately after Vatican II when they thought they were founding a new religion. St. Paul said to hold fast to tradition 2 Thessalonians 2:15 and that anyone who teaches another gospel is subject to anathema Galatians 1:8.

I withhold judgment about Pope Francis until I see him in action, but I don't see much to be optimistic about.

If he is another John Paul II the Church in the West is 100 percent finished. JP2 was a terrible administrator who failed to discipline erring bishops and clergy. He covered for the sex abuse scandals. We need a St. Pius X not a John Paul II.
--hide--

I would have said we need more of a Pope Pius IX. :)

Mar 15th 2013 new

Praying that all negative attacks against Pope Francis stop! Praying pope theheart

Mar 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Praying that all negative attacks against Pope Francis stop!
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Praying that all negative attacks against Pope Francis stop!

--hide--

Since you replied this to my post: Are you judging (in opposition to the "judge not, that you may not be judged" which you quoted earlier in this thread) that I've made a negative attack against the Holy Father? If so, you'd be mistaken, ma'am.

I would remind you, judge not according to appearances, but judge just judgment (John 7:24).

I used the present perfect tense in English for very good reason: to denote an unspecified time before the "now" in which the proposition was written. It had nothing to do per se with the specific ascension of the Holy Father Pope Francis I to the Petrine Throne. My comment was a comparison of the abstract notion of how one previous Pope was compared to another, i.e., Pope St. Pius X versus the ven. Pope Pius IX.

For that reason, I have no idea how your post is a pertinent response to my post. I'm left scratching my head.

Mar 15th 2013 new

I am replying to the post above mine. I thought you understood how the forums worked. faint

Mar 15th 2013 new

I am responding to the post above mine. Don't you know how the forums work?

Posts 181 - 190 of 193