Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Mar 14th 2013 new

Who was able to watch it live? Whoever watched it live or listened to the Pope give his first blessing was able to receive a Plenary Indulgence (if duly disposed)! My mom is 95 and we were watching it live...so amazing!! She was so happy:)! We were also allowed to pray for him with all those people that were there and those watching around the world theheart Praying What a humbling experience. God is so good to us!!!

Mar 14th 2013 new

Amazing picture with the 3 together!!! theheart

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Fr. Pacwa on EWTN opined that he probably chose after both St. Francis of Assisi and St. ...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Fr. Pacwa on EWTN opined that he probably chose after both St. Francis of Assisi and St. Francis Xavier.

He explains that St. Ignatius Loyola had a high regard for Francis of Assisi and recommended that his Jesuits emulate him. Francis Xavier is, of course, a big Jesuit saint, Ignatius' being the first man to join Loyola. He was a great missionary that reportedly single handedly converted and baptized more people than any other person in history, mainly in India but also elsewhere in the Far East.

I am sure we will find out soon enough why he chose the name from the man himself.

--hide--

Paul as I have read the comments made through out this thread and the articles that were posted through the other sites in this thread I have considered the possibily of what Fr. Pacwa said. If that is the case, then GREAT biggrin

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said: Amazing picture with the 3 together!!!
(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said:

Amazing picture with the 3 together!!!

--hide--

Something worth framing. What website did you get that from. I clicked on it to get an enlarged view. I so want to blow it up and frame it on my wall.

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said: Something worth framing. What website did you get that from. I clicked on it to get ...
(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said:

Something worth framing. What website did you get that from. I clicked on it to get an enlarged view. I so want to blow it up and frame it on my wall.

--hide--

twitter..... twitter.com

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said: twitter..... twitter.com.

twitter..... twitter.com

--hide--

That is awesome. Thanks Rosemarie!!

Mar 14th 2013 new

--hide--
that is awesome Rosemarie...thanks! Praise be to Jesus!!! Aren't we blessed?!?!?!?!? pope hug present

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-56149 said: Who was able to watch it live? Whoever watched it live or listened to the Pope give his first bles...
(Quote) Laura-56149 said:

Who was able to watch it live? Whoever watched it live or listened to the Pope give his first blessing was able to receive a Plenary Indulgence (if duly disposed)! My mom is 95 and we were watching it live...so amazing!! She was so happy:)! We were also allowed to pray for him with all those people that were there and those watching around the world What a humbling experience. God is so good to us!!!

--hide--

Laura:

I wonder if watching the repeat gives the same indulgence? Probably not. What website did you watch it?

Mar 14th 2013 new

--hide--

What a wonderful picture, Rosemarie. Where did you find it?

Mar 14th 2013 new
I'm concerned about his reported commitment to phony ecumenism (religious indifferentism). It has been reported that he opposed the implementation of Anglicanorum Coetibus, which setup the Anglican Ordinariates.

Too many Catholics seem to think one Church is as good as another, and meaningless ecumenical gatherings with Protestants hasn't helped. It's only led to Catholics becoming more Protestant and not the other way around.
Posts 51 - 60 of 193