Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: I'm concerned about his reported commitment to phony ecumenism (religious indifferentism). It has bee...
(Quote) John-220051 said: I'm concerned about his reported commitment to phony ecumenism (religious indifferentism). It has been reported that he opposed the implementation of Anglicanorum Coetibus, which setup the Anglican Ordinariates.

Too many Catholics seem to think one Church is as good as another, and meaningless ecumenical gatherings with Protestants hasn't helped. It's only led to Catholics becoming more Protestant and not the other way around.
--hide--

Now is the time to support our new Pope - not to question or criticize him. And, especially when one uses the word "reported" as we know how the media distorts and obfuscates issues/comments/etc. There have already been things misreported by the media about our new Pope. Let us NOT play into that nonsense - for truly it does not come from God.

At this time, all we should be doing is praying for and supporting our new Pope. We must listen to what he says and watch what he does. He has not even been Pope for 24 hours yet! Thanks be to God for Pope Francis! Praying pope theheart

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: (Quote) Marge-938695 said: I understand he's a Jesuit. That + Francis X...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said:

Quote:
Marge-938695 said:

I understand he's a Jesuit. That + Francis Xavier = fasten your seat belts!

The word from CNN, though, is that he is a follower of the Church's "most conservative wing". news.blogs.cnn.com

--hide--

If he has both ends of the ideological spectrum upset, that's a very positive sign. It means he's Christlike and holy. jesus often angered people because he couldn't be made to fit within their personal agendas. Likewise, Pope Francis. May God bless him and guide him, console and strengthen him. May Godf make us ever more faithful and holy and less concerned with our own preferences and epxectations.

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: I'm concerned about his reported commitment to phony ecumenism (religious indifferentism). It has bee...
(Quote) John-220051 said: I'm concerned about his reported commitment to phony ecumenism (religious indifferentism). It has been reported that he opposed the implementation of Anglicanorum Coetibus, which setup the Anglican Ordinariates.

Too many Catholics seem to think one Church is as good as another, and meaningless ecumenical gatherings with Protestants hasn't helped. It's only led to Catholics becoming more Protestant and not the other way around.
--hide--

Last I checked, YOUR concerns (or mine) weren't taken into account during the selection process.

FOR ONCE, just accept something, pray, and work on becoming holy rather than focussing on what's wrong with the conduct of others. Try it, you'll like it.

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernie-350671 said: The Jesuits have been troublesome for quite a while.
(Quote) Bernie-350671 said:

The Jesuits have been troublesome for quite a while.

--hide--

But there are still many holy, faithful, and outstanding Jesuits, despite some of the order's more prominent bad boys. let's be positive. Francis would not have been chosen unless God wanted him as Pope.

Mar 14th 2013 new

That prophecy should be put in the same category as Y2K, the Mayan calander hoax, and folks who go to Guina to drink cool aid. Viva il papa!

Mar 14th 2013 new

I've heard and read some more about him and believe he may be a good Pope. I hope and pray anyway.

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: (Quote) Bernie-350671 said: The Jesuits have been troublesome for quite a ...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Quote:
Bernie-350671 said:

The Jesuits have been troublesome for quite a while.

But there are still many holy, faithful, and outstanding Jesuits, despite some of the order's more prominent bad boys. let's be positive. Francis would not have been chosen unless God wanted him as Pope.

--hide--
No judgment on this Pope.However,for the sake of argument,Jesus choose Judas.God does allow evils for a greater good to come later.

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: No judgment on this Pope.However,for the sake of argument,Jesus choose Judas.God does allow evils...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

No judgment on this Pope.However,for the sake of argument,Jesus choose Judas.God does allow evils for a greater good to come later.

--hide--

This is a thread about Pope Francis. It has been roughly 24 hours since he was elected Pope.

To even bring up the name of Judas and that God allows evils for a greater good in a thread celebrating the election of our new Pope Francis is unbelievable and outrageous (regardless of your attempt to qualify it by saying "for the sake of argument"). And, your "however", in essence, negates your "No judgement on this Pope" (as any grammar teacher would tell you).

He is our new Pope! We owe him our allegiance as the head of the Holy Roman Catholic Church. He has done NOTHING wrong!

As I stated earlier, Pope Francis asked us to pray for him and that is what we should be doing now - praying and supporting him - NOT judging and/or casting aspersions about him (even if only done indirectly).

Please stop making these types of comments in a thread celebrating the election of Pope Francis!

Praise be to God for our new Pope Francis! Praying pope theheart

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: No judgment on this Pope.However,for the sake of argument,Jesus choose Judas.God does allow evils...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

--hide--

Come on Bernard. There is no need to make a POSSIBLE comparison to Judas, even for the sake of argument.

There is nothing in his background to suggest any evil in our new Pope. He could be completely incompetent for all we know and time will tell just how good a Pope he will be.

Jesus chose Judas for a reason. He knew from all eternity that Judas would betray Him yet he chose him anyway. So His choice must contain a lesson for us, focus on that rather than making some outlandish comparison.

It is obvious from your writing in the forums that you tend to a very traditionalist bent. Believe me, I am probably more traditional than mos here who claim to be traditionalists. But tradition must be tempered by judgement. Otherwise one can become blind to reality.

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: This is a thread about Pope Francis. It has been roughly 24 hours since he wa...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

This is a thread about Pope Francis. It has been roughly 24 hours since he was elected Pope.

To even bring up the name of Judas and that God allows evils for a greater good in a thread celebrating the election of our new Pope Francis is unbelievable and outrageous (regardless of your attempt to qualify it by saying "for the sake of argument"). And, your "however", in essence, negates your "No judgement on this Pope" (as any grammar teacher would tell you).

He is our new Pope! We owe him our allegiance as the head of the Holy Roman Catholic Church. He has done NOTHING wrong!

As I stated earlier, Pope Francis asked us to pray for him and that is what we should be doing now - praying and supporting him - NOT judging and/or casting aspersions about him (even if only done indirectly).

Please stop making these types of comments in a thread celebrating the election of Pope Francis!

Praise be to God for our new Pope Francis!

--hide--

You said it better than I did, Trish.

Posts 61 - 70 of 193