Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: (Quote) Bernard-2709 said: No judgment on this Pope.However,for the sake of...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Quote:
Bernard-2709 said:

No judgment on this Pope.However,for the sake of argument,Jesus choose Judas.God does allow evils for a greater good to come later.

Come on Bernard. There is no need to make a POSSIBLE comparison to Judas, even for the sake of argument.

There is nothing in his background to suggest any evil in our new Pope. He could be completely incompetent for all we know and time will tell just how good a Pope he will be.

Jesus chose Judas for a reason. He knew from all eternity that Judas would betray Him yet he chose him anyway. So His choice must contain a lesson for us, focus on that rather than making some outlandish comparison.

It is obvious from your writing in the forums that you tend to a very traditionalist bent. Believe me, I am probably more traditional than mos here who claim to be traditionalists. But tradition must be tempered by judgement. Otherwise one can become blind to reality.

--hide--
I am not saying he is a Judas.He has not been favorable where Summorum Pontificum is concerned however.Is that obedience to the (then) Pope Benedict? No.

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: I am not saying he is a Judas.He has not been favorable where Summorum Pontificum is concerned ho...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

I am not saying he is a Judas.He has not been favorable where Summorum Pontificum is concerned however.Is that obedience to the (then) Pope Benedict? No.

--hide--
How Summorum Pontificum was blocked and trampled on in Buenos Aires:rorate-caeli.blogspot.com

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: No judgment on this Pope.However,for the sake of argument,Jesus choose Judas.God does allow evils...

No judgment on this Pope.However,for the sake of argument,Jesus choose Judas.God does allow evils for a greater good to come later.

--hide--

Bernard, have you already spotted a dark cloud over His Excellency's head, SOON AFTER HE HAS BEEN ELECTED? rolling eyes GET OUT OF HERE!irked

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said: (Quote) Bernard-2709 said: No judgment on this Pope.However,for the sa...
(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said:

Quote:
Bernard-2709 said:

Bernard, have you already spotted a dark cloud over His Excellency's head, SOON AFTER HE HAS BEEN ELECTED? GET OUT OF HERE!

--hide--
I posted the link to the facts about his response toward the then Pope Benedict on the Traditional Mass and it's implementation in his Diocese (when he was Archbishop).I make no judgment on his soul.So don't judge me.Time will tell whether he will be a progressive Pope ,or a Traditional Pope.

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: I am not saying he is a Judas.He has not been favorable where Summorum Pontificum is concerned ho...

--hide--

First of all Summorum does not give blanket permission for any priest to POBLICALLY say mass in the Extraordinary Form. It does allow any priest to do so privately to which he may invite some laity to attend if they ask his permission and he grants it.

Secondly, it does not require any Bishop anywhere to allow it to be celebrated publicly in their Diocese. He does strongly encourage Bishops to do so.

Thirdly, he encourages BUT DOES NOT REQUIRE Pastors to do so publicly but only within any guidelines set by the Ordinary.

In other words, the general understanding of BXVI's modus proprio is incorrect.

So your categorization of Pope Francis' reaction as Bishop as disobediance is as far fatched as your other posting to which I took exception.

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: No judgment on this Pope.However,for the sake of argument,Jesus choose Judas.God does allow evils...

--hide--

Based on what I've seen from some of the so-called traditionalists in the past 24 hours, they have much to learn from the new pope.

Character assassination aplenty, but charity? Humility? Unity?

We don't need to know the popes alleged failings to pray that God's will be done and that we have the grace to accept it.

Throughout the Old Testament God sent bad leaders to humble and convert the unfaithful. If things don't change quickly, and I don't mean in Rome, I won't be at all surprised if this pontificate turns out to be a disaster from the traditionalists' perspective. And they will have only themselves to blame.

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: I posted the link to the facts about his response toward the then Pope Benedict on the Traditiona...

I posted the link to the facts about his response toward the then Pope Benedict on the Traditional Mass and it's implementation in his Diocese (when he was Archbishop).I make no judgment on his soul.So don't judge me.Time will tell whether he will be a progressive Pope ,or a Traditional Pope.

--hide--

It doesn't matter what "type" of Pope he will be.

HE IS OUR POPE.

Stop saying or inferring negative things about him, please!! ! Negativity does NOT come from Christ.

It is highly offensive and disgusting to me ( and, I suspect to most of us on this site) who are faithful, devout Catholics!

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: I posted the link to the facts about his response toward the then Pope Benedict on the Traditiona...

--hide--

Your posting the link was a judgement. And an attempt to lure others into judgement.

Pray that the Lord's will be done, which is all that matters in the end, instead of worrying about trying to come up with a litany of Pope Francis' faults to pray for, and everyone will be happier and the outcome will undoubtedly be much better.

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: (Quote) Bernard-2709 said: No judgment on this Pope.However,for the sake of...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Quote:
Bernard-2709 said:

Based on what I've seen from some of the so-called traditionalists in the past 24 hours, they have much to learn from the new pope.

We don't need to know the popes alleged failings to pray that God's will be done and that we have the grace to accept it.

Throughout the Old Testament God sent bad leaders to humble and convert the unfaithful. If things don't change quickly, and I don't mean in Rome, I won't be at all surprised if this pontificate turns out to be a disaster from the traditionalists' perspective. And they will have only themselves to blame.

--hide--
Which traditionalist are you referring to? The SSPX thus far have only sent prayers.As do I.To criticize his actions while he was Archbishop based on fact, does not rise to the level of character assasination.

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Based on what I've seen from some of the so-called traditionalists in the past 24 hou...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

--hide--

From the Society of Saint Pius X:

Communiqué from the SSPX's General House on the occasion of the election of Pope Francis
With the news of the election of Pope Francis, the Society of St. Pius X prays to Almighty God that He abundantly bestow on the new Sovereign Pontiff the graces necessary for the exercise of this heavy charge.
Strengthened by Divine Providence, may the new pope "confirm his brethren in the Faith"[1], with the authority which St. Pius X proclaimed at the beginning of his pontificate:
We do not wish to be, and with the divine assistance never shall be aught before human society but the Minister of God, of whose authority We are the depositary. The interests of God shall be Our interest, and for these We are resolved to spend all Our strength and Our very life.[2]
St. Francis of Assisi, whose name the new pontiff has taken, heard the Crucified Savior say to him, "Go, Francis and rebuild my Church." It is in such a spirit that the bishops, priests, and religious of the Society of St. Pius X assure the Holy Father of their filial desire "to restore all things in Christ, so that Christ may be all and in all”[3] according to their means, for the love of the Holy Catholic and Roman Church.
Menzingen, March 13, 2013
1 Luke 22:32.
2 St. Pius X’s encyclical E supremi apostolatus (October 4, 1903).
3 Eph. 1:10 and Col. 3:11.
Posts 71 - 80 of 193