Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

I for one, am very grateful.

03/15/2013 new

Yes I am, I prayed we would be granted a good conservative pope. Now we must attend to the business of praying for his success in his new ministry/ job where so many things in the world are difficult now.

03/16/2013 new

I am

03/16/2013 new

(Quote) Brian-252799 said: I for one, am very grateful.
(Quote) Brian-252799 said:

--hide--

Praying rosary theheart Dove Continued Prayers for Pope Francis as he leads us his wayward flock !

I like that he is so humble and is not concerned with riches and power.. he identifies with the poor and sick... that is so wonderful to see.

God Bless him and may we be obedient Catholics...

Kathleen heart

03/16/2013 new

(Quote) Brian-252799 said: I for one, am very grateful.
(Quote) Brian-252799 said:

--hide--

An answer to prayer and something to give us hope for the future Church.

03/16/2013 new

(Quote) Are You Glad Pope Francis Is Conservative?
(Quote) Are You Glad Pope Francis Is Conservative?
--hide--

Are not all popes conservative?

Was any previous pope liberal?

03/16/2013 new

(Quote) Brett-848238 said: (Quote) Are You Glad Pope Francis Is Conservative? Are no...
(Quote) Brett-848238 said:

Quote:
Are You Glad Pope Francis Is Conservative?

--hide--

Some people think that it is ok to be critical of the popes. In history there were some who were not up to the job. Some (a few believers) believe that the current popes have not been conservative enough or have not done enough to root out certain issues. Read some of the threads currently being posted on this.

03/16/2013 new

(Quote) Brett-848238 said: Are not all popes conservative? Was any previous pope liberal?<...
(Quote) Brett-848238 said:

--hide--

Theologically they were conservative. Many were liberal in terms of the social interaction. Even Leo XIII whom Conservatives point to as one of their own, was very liberal in his teaching on social justice. Very evident in "Rerum Novarum."

03/16/2013 new

I find teh discussion of liberal vs. conservative Popes amusing. Popes can't change established doctrine. If a Pope comes along and says "oh yeah, you guys can have abortions and homosexuals can "marry", then we know we have a Pope who's not God's choice, and that the Church is all built on a sack of lies.

So what else does it matter if they slant towards helping the poor vs. living in a mansion vs. pushing social justice vs. perfering the Latin Mass? Seems kinda assinine to waste time on worrying about it. Granted, putting on the humility certainly won't hurt.

03/16/2013 new
I was very happy to hear how involved he was as an archbishop. He was truly living a humble life, giving up the fancy cars and apartments.

I smile now every time I hear the humble acts of Pope Francis. Sitting in the first empty chair he can find among the Cardnials and riding the bus back and forth to his hotel. What a model we have before us!
Posts 1 - 10 of 18