Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Mar 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: What heresy the John XXIII fall into. No Pope, even the worst of them, ever defini...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

What heresy the John XXIII fall into.

No Pope, even the worst of them, ever definitively published or promulgated a doctirne that was heretical.

--hide--

Bingo!

For all our dodgey, lustful, murderous, lying, scum bag fellows that have dotted the Papacy during the last 2000 years, no Pope has ever altered or attempted to alter the Truth of the Church or the doctrine She teaches. Christ promised the gates of hell would not prevail against the Church, no evil can be taught by it. A Pope might say something stupid, do something evil, but never has a Pope done so under the office of Papal infallibility.

Mar 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: Agreed! You know, I was really impressed. It only took 12 hours by my count before the a...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

Agreed! You know, I was really impressed. It only took 12 hours by my count before the articles about Papa Francis' history started coming out. You know, how he kidnapped some priests who were fighting some evil dictator? So obviouusly our new Pope is a jerk who wants to kill everyone and rape little boys.

Papa Benedict was a Nazi. Papa John Paul II was a paedophile and closet homo.

I expect this sort of nonsense from Protestants, atheists and others of a secular bent, not from Catholics. Yes, there's been dodgy Popes, but that was a very long time ago. Everytime Germany elects a new leader you don't have the world's media digging through their garbage for criminal behaviours or bringing up Hitler.

So lets just enjoy the elation and celebration that God has given us a new Papa, and then we can listen to the petty insults and unfounded allegations in a few years. Along with the usual curmudgeonly outrage that the Pope still says condoms are still bad.

--hide--

Wish I was in New Zealand; I think I saw some of that in less than 12 hours. Sigh.

You're right that we expect this from Protestants, atheists etc. It's sad that we have to put up with it from other Catholics.

It would be nice if we could just enjoy the moment for a little bit.

Mar 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: And who does it benefit to dig up such a past at such a time? It seems more like ...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

And who does it benefit to dig up such a past at such a time?

It seems more like a trick of the secular media than one from catholics.

--hide--

Perfect point!

The media is doing it's best to make darn sure that Francis is smeared as soon as possible. They aren't doing it because they want the Church to learn from its mistakes and improve. They are doing it to help tear it down.

And they evidently have no shortage of allies from within the Church itself.

More than a little bit ironic that the best allies the Church's enemies have are the ones who claim the loudest to be trying to preserve its traditions...

Mar 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Thank you, John, for expressing my sentiments exactly.
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Thank you, John, for expressing my sentiments exactly.

--hide--

Glad to help. wave

Mar 15th 2013 new

(Quote) John-336509 said: Wish I was in New Zealand; I think I saw some of that in less than 12 hours. Sigh.
(Quote) John-336509 said:

Wish I was in New Zealand; I think I saw some of that in less than 12 hours. Sigh.

You're right that we expect this from Protestants, atheists etc. It's sad that we have to put up with it from other Catholics.

It would be nice if we could just enjoy the moment for a little bit.

--hide--

John (and Naomi), I truly, truly don't understand why CM members are saying and/or implying such awful things about our new Pope Francis. I am a devout conservative Catholic, and I just don't understand this kind of negative attacking of someone who was elevated to the position of Pope yesterday! And, he seems to be such a holy, humble, intelligent, compassionate, and courageous man from everything I have read about him. To me, this kind of attacking is beyond poor manners or immaturity. It actually feels like evil is treading through these forums - taking potshots at the Pope!

Mar 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: I would add that their posts are also disrespectful (to Pope Frances and to m...

I would add that their posts are also disrespectful (to Pope Frances and to me in Pope Francis thread), immature (calling names, not waiting even 1 day before attacking Pope Francis), and arrogant ( because I sincerely doubt that anyone attacking Pope Frances has any real theological credentials from a reputable university).

--hide--

For the last few nights, David Lettermen has been parodying the conclave and our new Pope. As obnoxious as that is, it is not half as bad as our self proclaimed trads (they really aren't) and defenders of all they believe to be true (which is not true) have been pouring out here.

How ridiculous to label John XXIII a heretic, or both JPIIand BXVI as some kind of failures because they did not do what they would have done if the Cardinals had been smart enough to elect them Popes. How dare Pope Francis accept the job after he exercised his proper prerogatives as Archbishop of Buenos Aires in the matter of public liturgy in his See.

Isn't it interesting, not a single one of them has even a minor degree in Theology or related studies.

Mar 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: John (and Naomi), I truly, truly don't understand why CM members are saying and/or implying...

John (and Naomi), I truly, truly don't understand why CM members are saying and/or implying such awful things about our new Pope Francis. I am a devout conservative Catholic, and I just don't understand this kind of negative attacking of someone who was elevated to the position of Pope yesterday! And, he seems to be such a holy, humble, intelligent, compassionate, and courageous man from everything I have read about him. To me, this kind of attacking is beyond poor manners or immaturity. It actually feels like evil is treading through these forums - taking potshots at the Pope!

--hide--

The why is simple: They believe that the new pope is hostile to the traditional Mass and fear he may reduce of eliminate their access to it or make make other changes they feel will be hostile to their traditional cause.

First, keep in mind this behavior is not unique to Pope Francis; they have been doing the same to the 2 previous popes, and several before them, for years.

Assuming for the sake of argument that all of their complaints about Cardinal Bergoglio are accurate, posting these things in Internet forums accomplishes nothing positive and only serves to divide the Church. In that sense you are very much correct in your final assessment.

Mar 15th 2013 new

(Quote) John-336509 said: (Quote) Bernard-2709 said: We love the Church and the Papacy John.We will c...
(Quote) John-336509 said:

Quote:
Bernard-2709 said:

We love the Church and the Papacy John.We will continue to discuss and point out errors past and present.That's what these Forums are for.Maybe these discussions aren't for you.

I see.

So in your world, it would be just fine to loudly talk about a bride's past romantic partners while at her wedding reception. After all, the fact that you are friends with the bride means there is no reason why you shouldn't discuss and point out her past and present errors during what is supposed to be a happy time for her, right?

I repeat my complaint about you guys being crass and tasteless.

--hide--
Poor comparison.

Mar 15th 2013 new
(Quote) Paul-866591 said: What heresy the John XXIII fall into. No Pope, even the worst of them, ever defin...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

What heresy the John XXIII fall into.

No Pope, even the worst of them, ever definitively published or promulgated a doctirne that was heretical.

--hide--

Whether or not they attempted to dogmatically define heresy is irrelevent.
Mar 15th 2013 new
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: John (and Naomi), I truly, truly don't understand why CM members are say...

--hide--

Pablums.
Posts 11 - 20 of 30