Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

03/15/2013 new
Yes! When Irish Eyes are smiling and Danny Boy....there are so many wonderful Irish songs!
03/15/2013 new

Another one I just remembered as a favorite was Tura-Lura-Lural (That's An Irish Lullaby). I think some were in Gaelic, so I'm completely lost there.

Eloise

Clover Ireland Clover

03/15/2013 new
(Quote) Eloise-899090 said: Another one I just remembered as a favorite was Tura-Lura-Lural (That's An Irish Lullaby). I think some...
(Quote) Eloise-899090 said:

Another one I just remembered as a favorite was Tura-Lura-Lural (That's An Irish Lullaby). I think some were in Gaelic, so I'm completely lost there.

Eloise

--hide--
When I was in Ireland, my uncles took me to the local bar and it was great fun really! There were two guys playing, one a guitar and the other a fiddle and it seemed like everyone in the place took a turn singing. There were very sad Irish songs about war and dying and other very funny songs that only the Irish can get away with singing. Eileen
03/15/2013 new

Anything sung by the Irish Tenors. I was supposed to see them tomorrow night and then I get bronchitis :(.

03/15/2013 new

Does U2 count?....cuz I'll say anything by U2...

www.youtube.com

03/16/2013 new

(Quote) Eloise-899090 said: Another one I just remembered as a favorite was Tura-Lura-Lural (That's An Irish Lullaby). I...
(Quote) Eloise-899090 said:

Eloise

--hide--
Hi Eloise, my kids heard that song frequently ( sometimes modified to fit the individual lol ! ). Here is one version : www.youtube.com Ce'ad Mile Fa'ilte

03/16/2013 new

Galway Bay- The Quiet Man

www.youtube.com Clover rose Praying

03/16/2013 new

I'll Take You Home Again Kathleen- Frank Patterson Clover rose

www.youtube.com

03/16/2013 new

The Wild Colonial Boy - The Quiet Man Clover

www.youtube.com

03/16/2013 new

(Quote) Bernie-645443 said: Hi Eloise, my kids heard that song frequently ( sometimes modified to fit the individual lol ! )...
(Quote) Bernie-645443 said:

Hi Eloise, my kids heard that song frequently ( sometimes modified to fit the individual lol ! ). Here is one version : www.youtube.com Ce'ad Mile Fa'ilte

--hide--

Bernie,

Thanks for bringing this back to me, it's pretty much how I remember it except that my father would sing it. A very wonderful memory. Takes me way back and makes my eyes misty.

Eloise

theheart

Posts 11 - 20 of 36