Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Mar 15th 2013 new
Yes! When Irish Eyes are smiling and Danny Boy....there are so many wonderful Irish songs!
Mar 15th 2013 new

Another one I just remembered as a favorite was Tura-Lura-Lural (That's An Irish Lullaby). I think some were in Gaelic, so I'm completely lost there.

Eloise

Clover Ireland Clover

Mar 15th 2013 new
(Quote) Eloise-899090 said: Another one I just remembered as a favorite was Tura-Lura-Lural (That's An Irish Lullaby). I think some...
(Quote) Eloise-899090 said:

Another one I just remembered as a favorite was Tura-Lura-Lural (That's An Irish Lullaby). I think some were in Gaelic, so I'm completely lost there.

Eloise

--hide--
When I was in Ireland, my uncles took me to the local bar and it was great fun really! There were two guys playing, one a guitar and the other a fiddle and it seemed like everyone in the place took a turn singing. There were very sad Irish songs about war and dying and other very funny songs that only the Irish can get away with singing. Eileen
Mar 15th 2013 new

Anything sung by the Irish Tenors. I was supposed to see them tomorrow night and then I get bronchitis :(.

Mar 15th 2013 new

Does U2 count?....cuz I'll say anything by U2...

www.youtube.com

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Eloise-899090 said: Another one I just remembered as a favorite was Tura-Lura-Lural (That's An Irish Lullaby). I...
(Quote) Eloise-899090 said:

Eloise

--hide--
Hi Eloise, my kids heard that song frequently ( sometimes modified to fit the individual lol ! ). Here is one version : www.youtube.com Ce'ad Mile Fa'ilte

Mar 16th 2013 new

Galway Bay- The Quiet Man

www.youtube.com Clover rose Praying

Mar 16th 2013 new

I'll Take You Home Again Kathleen- Frank Patterson Clover rose

www.youtube.com

Mar 16th 2013 new

The Wild Colonial Boy - The Quiet Man Clover

www.youtube.com

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernie-645443 said: Hi Eloise, my kids heard that song frequently ( sometimes modified to fit the individual lol ! )...
(Quote) Bernie-645443 said:

Hi Eloise, my kids heard that song frequently ( sometimes modified to fit the individual lol ! ). Here is one version : www.youtube.com Ce'ad Mile Fa'ilte

--hide--

Bernie,

Thanks for bringing this back to me, it's pretty much how I remember it except that my father would sing it. A very wonderful memory. Takes me way back and makes my eyes misty.

Eloise

theheart

Posts 11 - 20 of 36