Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Mar 15th 2013 new

Thanks Eloise. My gran was from County Cork, all though she was a little one when she came here. She was a little Irish spitfire. I've got three red headed daughters :-) And love love love being Irish ;-). And I don't mind sharing one day with everyone else :-).

Mar 15th 2013 new

St Patrick is one of my favorite Saints awesome and I love corn beef and cabbage can't wait until tomorrow.Have a wonderful blessed St Patrick's day

Mar 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Eloise-899090 said: There is a saying that everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day. So I'm wishing everyone o...
(Quote) Eloise-899090 said:

There is a saying that everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day. So I'm wishing everyone out there to enjoy the day whether that special blood flows through you or not.

Happy Saint Patrick's Day to all from someone who has some of the pure Blarney blood within. Joy and happiness to all and watch out for the wee little ones!

--hide--
When he was a young man about to begin his journey, my Wisconsin born German-American dad was given some advice by his uncle, a Capuchin Franciscan friar. "We Germans are too serious, he said. Go east and find a nice Irish girl to balance you out." He did.

Wishing all my CM co-conspirators a very Happy St. Patrick's Day, from a 50% Irishman! beer Harp Ireland

Mar 15th 2013 new

My father and I traveled to Ireland just this past September. We are desendants of the O'Connells and were delighted to trace our roots. I climbed the holy Croagh Patrick and got to view the Book of Kells firsthand. It really is a magical island where I believe everyone can feel at home. The Irish are a very nice, loving and welcoming people. No one is a stranger. We got so lost once on the Acklin islands that we couldn't find an English speaker. But still the people were as helpful as they could be considering the language barrier. Maybe this is why their tradition is so prevalent in the US. They are happy to share the love of St. Patrick and their beautiful culture. Dublin was a little different, more historical and tourist-packed.

I bring this up because in Ireland thousands of pilgrims climb Croagh Patrick barefoot (very sharp rocks mind you) in homage to the Saint. I did it in Vibron barefoot shoes and ended up with stone bruises so those who do it barefoot are tough! I wish to do it again one day, maybe even on St. Patrick's Day. Anyway, thought I'd share a little of my Irish tales.

And yes I kissed the Blarney Stone

flower

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Leslie-952327 said: My father and I traveled to Ireland just this past September. We are desendants of the O'Con...
(Quote) Leslie-952327 said:

My father and I traveled to Ireland just this past September. We are desendants of the O'Connells and were delighted to trace our roots. I climbed the holy Croagh Patrick and got to view the Book of Kells firsthand. It really is a magical island where I believe everyone can feel at home. The Irish are a very nice, loving and welcoming people. No one is a stranger. We got so lost once on the Acklin islands that we couldn't find an English speaker. But still the people were as helpful as they could be considering the language barrier. Maybe this is why their tradition is so prevalent in the US. They are happy to share the love of St. Patrick and their beautiful culture. Dublin was a little different, more historical and tourist-packed.

I bring this up because in Ireland thousands of pilgrims climb Croagh Patrick barefoot (very sharp rocks mind you) in homage to the Saint. I did it in Vibron barefoot shoes and ended up with stone bruises so those who do it barefoot are tough! I wish to do it again one day, maybe even on St. Patrick's Day. Anyway, thought I'd share a little of my Irish tales.

And yes I kissed the Blarney Stone

--hide--
My mother's maiden name is O'Connell. She visited her cousins in the Emerald Isle many years ago, and they returned the visit. I have so many red-headed O'Connell cousins in Massachusetts that I've lost count!

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: Hey Jane - I want to come spend the day at your house! Best to all.
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

Hey Jane - I want to come spend the day at your house!

Best to all.

--hide--
Come on "down" or up Beverly! You know us Irish EVEYONE is family! P.S. I've never been to AR but I LOVE the south!!!

beer :clove Harp Ireland Cheers! note note note

Mar 16th 2013 new

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! I'm 50% Irish!! And my sister's birthday is today! Clover Clover Ireland Clover Clover

Mar 16th 2013 new

Oh my, I'm a day ahead of myself! Must be all the green beer! beer

Mar 16th 2013 new

I used to be Irish, but now I am the father of a little girl. One day, I'll be Irish again.

Mar 16th 2013 new

Thanks Jane. Clover Clover Clover

Posts 11 - 20 of 33