Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

error: Post not found!

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Mar 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-397948 said: They fear him....he reminds me of TR
(Quote) Jim-397948 said:

They fear him....he reminds me of TR
--hide--

But I thought TR could actually fire a gun, and he certainly worked harder than the current resident.

Mar 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-397948 said: They fear him....he reminds me of TR
(Quote) Jim-397948 said:

They fear him....he reminds me of TR
--hide--

Woooooh, look who joined the thread, Mr. NJ himself. Where you been, James?

I do understand they may fear him--and that is a good thing, but who the heck is TR? It seems the guys
know who TR is.

Mar 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-13836 said: I was aware of this nonsense. The thing that irritated me before the election was peopl...
(Quote) Jim-13836 said:

I was aware of this nonsense. The thing that irritated me before the election was people were bashing Romney for being rich, and my response was: And Obama's poor??? Well I guess he is living in government housing. He's a hypocrite but then again most politicians are.

--hide--

Jim, they like to think that Romney's ability to be Rich is a bad thing. That is what makes America, America. Anyone
can work hard, have a dream, and become rich. That was a good thing as far as I was concerned.

Mar 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Jim, they like to think that Romney's ability to be Rich is a bad thing. That is w...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Jim, they like to think that Romney's ability to be Rich is a bad thing. That is what makes America, America. Anyone
can work hard, have a dream, and become rich. That was a good thing as far as I was concerned.

--hide--

Agreed Marianne. I never got a job from a poor person. Demonizing the rich is a smokescreen. The elite want us dependent on them. And to control us because they "know better".

By the way, TR is Teddy Roosevelt.

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-13836 said: Agreed Marianne. I never got a job from a poor person. Demonizing the rich is a smokesc...
(Quote) Jim-13836 said:

Agreed Marianne. I never got a job from a poor person. Demonizing the rich is a smokescreen. The elite want us dependent on them. And to control us because they "know better".

By the way, TR is Teddy Roosevelt.

--hide--

You know Jim, I thought it might be Teddy, but I thought I better ask.

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-56149 said: It is so very sad. I didn't realize how bad the situation still is. Like you said ...
(Quote) Laura-56149 said:

It is so very sad. I didn't realize how bad the situation still is. Like you said if the media doesn't shine a light on it, it just goes out of peoples heads. It is like when a loved when dies, a person gets much attention. Then in the aftermath, they are left to struggle on alone.

--hide--

Laura: I forgot to mention that even the Statue of Liberty was effected by Sandy and is closed to the public. It will reopen
in the summer according to what the news is saying.

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Jim, they like to think that Romney's ability to be Rich is a bad thing. That is w...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

--hide--

I think the objections lie in his ( Romney's) stashing his wealth outside this great country of ours; his paying less (percentage wise) taxes than the middle class and his accruing of wealth no matter who gets trampled. And not just him...all of "them". And why does it cost millions to become president in this country? Thus, IMHO, shooting full of holes the idealism that anybody in this coutry can do anything and get rich if they work hard. It takes money to make money. Those born into povery do not have the resources that the wealthy have...therefore don't get the same opportunities. Granted there are exceptions.

Some of the hardest working people in this country will never be millionaires. Farmers are the biggest group that comes to my mind. two cents soapbox

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Susan-940526 said: I think the objections lie in his ( Romney's) stashing his wealth outside this g...
(Quote) Susan-940526 said:

I think the objections lie in his ( Romney's) stashing his wealth outside this great country of ours; his paying less (percentage wise) taxes than the middle class and his accruing of wealth no matter who gets trampled. And not just him...all of "them". And why does it cost millions to become president in this country? Thus, IMHO, shooting full of holes the idealism that anybody in this coutry can do anything and get rich if they work hard. It takes money to make money. Those born into povery do not have the resources that the wealthy have...therefore don't get the same opportunities. Granted there are exceptions.

Some of the hardest working people in this country will never be millionaires. Farmers are the biggest group that comes to my mind.

--hide--

You are right that becoming President of the US has become an expensive proposition, unfortunately. People not from
America ask me why there are such a few candidates with such little to offer. I tell them that it is very expensive to
run for office.

There really is not anything wrong with stashing wealth outside America. That is your legal right, as is the amount of
taxes you pay. He and the others just follow the laws. As an accountant I can tell you that keeping your taxes to
a minimum is the goal. Anyone can donate money to the Government. And there is a place on the tax form to do
so, but having it taken from you is another story. American also has the highest corporate tax rate.

Romney did not accrue wealth by trampling on other people. Romney is a good person. He got a very bad rap from
the press. Obama doesn't have a leg to stand on when being compared to Romney. Obama has no background and
no experience, and even with being President, he still has no experience. He is just a bully.

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Susan-940526 said: I think the objections lie in his ( Romney's) stashing his wealth outside this g...

Some of the hardest working people in this country will never be millionaires. Farmers are the biggest group that comes to my mind.

--hide--
...and one more thing to add to what Marianne said...Romney did NOT have anything given to him because his father did not pass down his wealth to him, which means Romney earned it. He and his wife talk about their very first apartment....a dive. Romney is tight too. His son talks about how he glued something over a light rather than buy a new one. According to research on the wealthy, they are tight....I know one wealty person who even reuses garbage bags. Someone like this would have been good for our economy. Romney did, however, donate a LOT of money to charity....way more than Obama and Biden combined. Again, it is his right to use his money the way he sees fit rather than have govt. steal it, so rather than criminalizing him for investing his money in other countries....why not ask why he would need to do this....why does America drive away investors and businesses. Why do we have the highest corporate tax rate anywhere. All of this misunderstanding is from a lack of education and listening to false media. Did you know our imperialist monarchy now in charge took a 7 million dollar Christmas vacation to Hawaii....I am quite sure the media didn't report this on regular channels. Funny thing is when I shared this with a co-worker, she said, "yea but the media is always focusing more on him and bringing more stuff out." or something link that. I about died when she said it, but I kept my mouth shut....anyone should know better! Look at the way the media tore Bush apart for gas prices which now have tripled but no one blames pres. So, so, so many examples. Even England's royal family doesn't spend 7 million in a year on their trips much less for one vacation...this is money being stolen from tax payers.....yes, they are living like kings and queens at our expense. We live more in a monarcy than we do a democracy at this point.

Mar 20th 2013 new

--hide--
That is another thing....Romney wasn't a hypocrite like the current monarchy in charge. Only thing I saw wrong with him was that he was a mormon and I thnk that drove away some protestants. However, I didn't care as long as he let me have my freedom of religion which this current monarchy does not do. Actually, I think the whole election was rigged, so it is a mute point as to why he didn't get the votes.

Posts 51 - 60 of 62