Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

I would really like to hear all of the good things we know now and are finding out about Pope Francis!

I will start with something small, but that I really think is positive.

And, that is that when Pope Francis was Archbishop of Buenos Aires, he got rid of the limousine and driver that was provided for him and took the bus every day to/from work so that anyone in his diocese who wanted to talk to him could just get on the bus and have a few minutes to talk to him while they were riding the bus together. So, in essence, every single person of his diocese (and even outside of his diocese) had personal access to their Archbishop!

How wonderful is this accessibility to your spiritual leader! biggrin

Mar 15th 2013 new

This isn't something we know about the pope, but something positive we can do FOR him:

youtu.be

Mar 15th 2013 new

yes, I know that everyone probably knows this but I don't care! tongue laughing

Pope Francis is a Jesuit!!
I'm pretty happy about that! biggrin

Mar 15th 2013 new

Did you know that Pope Francis was essentially "exiled" by the Jesuits to the outskirts of Buenos Aires before he was an Archbishop after he tried to reform the Jesuits (and this was done with agreement of the "government" of Buenos Aires apparently). He ended up teaching Math to students living in poverty in the outskirts of Buenos Aires. Pope John Paul II "rescued" him and appointed him Archbishop of Buenos Aires. Thanks be to God for our Saint Pope John Paul II! Praying pope theheart

What a courageous man to live his principles to the point of effectively "trashing" his career with the Jesuits (at least for a period of time) and the humility to accept his "exile" to teaching students in a very poor area of Buenos Aires on the outskirts. He did not know that he would be "rescued" by Pope John Paul II. He truly lived out his Faith in God here! Thanks be to God for our new Pope Francis! Praying pope rose

Mar 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Did you know that Pope Francis was essentially "exiled" by the Jesuits to the outskir...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Did you know that Pope Francis was essentially "exiled" by the Jesuits to the outskirts of Buenos Aires before he was an Archbishop after he tried to reform the Jesuits (and this was done with agreement of the "government" of Buenos Aires apparently). He ended up teaching Math to students living in poverty in the outskirts of Buenos Aires. Pope John Paul II "rescued" him and appointed him Archbishop of Buenos Aires. Thanks be to God for our Saint Pope John Paul II!

What a courageous man to live his principles to the point of effectively "trashing" his career with the Jesuits (at least for a period of time) and the humility to accept his "exile" to teaching students in a very poor area of Buenos Aires on the outskirts. He did not know that he would be "rescued" by Pope John Paul II. He truly lived out his Faith in God here! Thanks be to God for our new Pope Francis!

--hide--

Reggie White said "My attitude is to hate the sin and love the sinner." Here is a link that shows how loving our Pope is towards sinners which is what we all are.

www.cbsnews.com

Mar 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: ... So, in essence, every single person of his diocese (and even outside of his diocese) had pe...

... So, in essence, every single person of his diocese (and even outside of his diocese) had personal access to their Archbishop! ...

--hide--

- but what about the married ones ? smile

Mar 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Kevin-40666 said: - but what about the married ones ?
(Quote) Kevin-40666 said:

- but what about the married ones ?

--hide--

Okay, Kevin, play on words, but I'll bite (and, can't wait to see what you do with that one), also every married person, every widowed person, every divorced person, every annulled person, every child person, every ancient person, every alien person, and perhaps any dog or cat that also rides the bus laughing .

Mar 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: (Quote) Kevin-40666 said: - but what about the married ones ?

Quote:
Kevin-40666 said:

- but what about the married ones ?

Okay, Kevin, play on words, but I'll bite (and, can't wait to see what you do with that one), also every married person, every widowed person, every divorced person, every annulled person, every child person, every ancient person, every alien person, and perhaps any dog or cat that also rides the bus .

--hide--

That's better . smile

Mar 15th 2013 new

He washed and kissed the feet of 10 AIDS patients.

Mar 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said: Reggie White said "My attitude is to hate the sin and love the sinner...
(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said:

Reggie White said "My attitude is to hate the sin and love the sinner." Here is a link that shows how loving our Pope is towards sinners which is what we all are.

www.cbsnews.com

--hide--

Reggie White, the great Green Bay Packer defensive lineman?

Posts 1 - 10 of 100