Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: (Quote) Jerry-74383 said: But the Rev. Thomas Rosica, a Vatican sp...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Quote:
Jerry-74383 said:

But the Rev. Thomas Rosica, a Vatican spokesman, quickly dismissed that report as a fabrication and called it “absurd.”

“The Italian media story is completely false and without any foundation,” Rosica wrote in an e-mail Friday. “One only need watch the images of Pope Francis greeting Cardinal Law at this morning’s meeting with the Cardinals at the Vatican.”

bostonglobe.com

I'll lay odds Bernard prefers the so called news story. It was on the internet it absolutely has to be true.

--hide--
The clarification also was from the internet wiseguy shhh laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: I would really like to hear all of the good things we know now and are finding out about Pope F...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

I would really like to hear all of the good things we know now and are finding out about Pope Francis!

I will start with something small, but that I really think is positive.

And, that is that when Pope Francis was Archbishop of Buenos Aires, he got rid of the limousine and driver that was provided for him and took the bus every day to/from work so that anyone in his diocese who wanted to talk to him could just get on the bus and have a few minutes to talk to him while they were riding the bus together. So, in essence, every single person of his diocese (and even outside of his diocese) had personal access to their Archbishop!

How wonderful is this accessibility to your spiritual leader!

--hide--

I think that all this media coverage of the Pope cooking his own meals, and opening his own doors, and taking
public transportation, is an indication that he is going to be very strict, and not try to change our Holy
Mother the church in the slightest, except root out corruption.

These frugal behaviors on the part of the Pope indicated he is a NO NONESENSE type of person. So I hope he
will apply that in his tenure as our leader.

Mar 17th 2013 new

Just a friendly reminder that this is a forum for posting positive or enjoyable information about our new Pope Francis, and so far everyone has abided by that (for the most part). clap

So, no fighting, no quibbling, no taking pot shots at each other, no calling names, no casting negative aspersions at each other, no swearing, no rudeness! shhh

I'm not accusing anybody of anything as up to now things have been quite civil here. biggrin

I'm just being proactive in trying to maintain a loving, friendly, happy thread about our loving, friendly, happy new Pope Francis! pope

Mar 17th 2013 new
We know that he likes people (known for his humanity), but he must love (non-human) animals too, right, in selecting the name Francis.

St. Francis is of course, always imaged with animals, and had a special connection with them.
Mar 17th 2013 new
This morning I had the happy occasion to attend Mass, for the first time since our new Jesuit Pope's election, at a parish in Reading, PA named for the founder of the Jesuits - St. Ignatius of Loyola! biggrin pope
Mar 17th 2013 new
(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said: We know that he likes people (known for his humanity), but he must love (non-human) animals too, right, in se...
(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said: We know that he likes people (known for his humanity), but he must love (non-human) animals too, right, in selecting the name Francis.

St. Francis is of course, always imaged with animals, and had a special connection with them.
--hide--
And how appropriate that a seagull alighted on the Sistine Chapel chimney shortly before the white smoke went up!
Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Cathy-535618 said: I really like this one. Three Popes. Cathy
(Quote) Cathy-535618 said:

I really like this one. Three Popes. Cathy

--hide--

I blew that picture up and printed. I would like to reproduce it in charcoal., frame it and donate it to an Arts and Crafts booth at our Parish Bazaar,

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said: I blew that picture up and printed. I would like to reproduce it in charcoal., frame...
(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said:

I blew that picture up and printed. I would like to reproduce it in charcoal., frame it and donate it to an Arts and Crafts booth at our Parish Bazaar,

--hide--

Elizabeth, are you an artist? I would love to get a copy of this photo, but not much is available for sale yet on the internet. They are all saying it will take about 2 weeks for manufacturing companies to get holy cards, etc. out to the retail outlets. Even Amazon has very little yet on Pope Francis. I think this took everybody so much by surprise that nothing was prepared! I would love to see your charcoal reproduction when it is finished!

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: And how appropriate that a seagull alighted on the Sistine Chapel chimney shortly before the white smoke ...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said: And how appropriate that a seagull alighted on the Sistine Chapel chimney shortly before the white smoke went up!
--hide--

It was great also that the media talked about believing in miracles because of that. I saw it on a couple of tv channels I watch and the newspeople were saying how they believed:)

Mar 17th 2013 new

More positive reviews this Sunday:)www.usatoday.com

Posts 51 - 60 of 100