Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: This morning I had the happy occasion to attend Mass, for the first time since our new Jesuit Pope's ...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said: This morning I had the happy occasion to attend Mass, for the first time since our new Jesuit Pope's election, at a parish in Reading, PA named for the founder of the Jesuits - St. Ignatius of Loyola!
--hide--

Our priest talked about being nervous when they announced the new pope because he did not know of him. The priests were watching together in the rectory like many of us were. However, after Pope Francis spoke our priest said he felt a feeling of peace and hope! and everyone he has talked with felt it too. I did too, immediately when I saw our new pope's face when he first came out:) This is a beautiful unifying moment for our church!! Pope Francis seems to be touching our individual needs as well as our communal ones.

Mar 17th 2013 new
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: I think that all this media coverage of the Pope cooking his own meals, and opening his own doors, a...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

I think that all this media coverage of the Pope cooking his own meals, and opening his own doors, and taking
public transportation, is an indication that he is going to be very strict, and not try to change our Holy
Mother the church in the slightest, except root out corruption.

These frugal behaviors on the part of the Pope indicated he is a NO NONESENSE type of person. So I hope he
will apply that in his tenure as our leade
r.

--hide--
Very perceptive, Marianne.

When I heard of his simplicity, I immediately thought of the emotional impact it will have on people's hearts...to re-examine spiritual and lifestyle priorities in this very complicated and misdirected world.
Mar 17th 2013 new

His message is MERCY....www.youtube.com

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said:
(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said:

Before Pope Francis left Buenos Aires for Rome, he was wearing a pair of shoes so shabby that friends insisted on buying him a new pair. "The day he was departing for the conclave, a couple of friends bought him a pair of shoes. He's always very humbly dressed and the shoes he was wearing were not in very good shape," a pair of South American priests told Vatican Radio. He is still wearing the shoes his friends bought for him !! (from Divine Mercy webpage)

--hide--

They say he's not into the famous red shoes - he would rather wear what's comfortable. He also has a sense of humor:

He rode in a minivan to dinner with the cardinals who elected him, affectionately telling them, “May God forgive you for what you’ve done.” From the New York Times....

When will he visit the USA??? United States Flag

Mar 17th 2013 new
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Did you know our new Pope Francis is known for his interest in the tango ht...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Did you know our new Pope Francis is known for his interest in the tango

ph.news.yahoo.com

--hide--
He's a fan of Argentine Tango! cool
Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: He's a fan of Argentine Tango!
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: He's a fan of Argentine Tango!
--hide--

I wonder if he has ever danced it, or has just listened to it? Are Popes allowed to dance?

Mar 18th 2013 new
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: I wonder if he has ever danced it, or has just listened to it? Are Popes all...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

I wonder if he has ever danced it, or has just listened to it? Are Popes allowed to dance?

--hide--
laughing That's a good question...."Are popes allowed to dance?"

Well, he's from Argentina....it's part of the culture...maybe he just admires it.
Mar 18th 2013 new

Here is a photo that you wouldn't see every day.... taken Saturday (3/16/13) at the Vatican media session.

www.philly.com

Photo caption:
"Pope Francis blesses Asia, the guide dog of (visually impaired) Italian radio journalistItalian radio journalist Alessandro Forlani. (Photo by L’Osservatore Romano / Associated Press)"

This is the news story about the photo >>>> news.discovery.com

Ed

Mar 18th 2013 new

It was a very "St Francis" sort of thing for him to do.

Ed

Mar 18th 2013 new
This is nice...especially for those of us who are Croatian... biggrin

The Holy Father's personal confessor says Pope holds Croatians in high esteem (The Holy Father's confessor is a Croatian Franciscan priest.)

dalje.com

crownofstars.blogspot.co.uk
Posts 61 - 70 of 100