Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

03/23/2013 new

He went to see Pope Benedict, greeted him as a brother, and they knelt together in a pew in the chapel to pray together.

03/23/2013 new

He has done the St. Ignatius Spiritual Exercises. Usually done in 30 days, but there are many programs for laypeople who do not have so much time to give up. The program I am involved with is 10-weeks and it is truly life-changing!

Here is some info:

www.ignatianspirituality.com

03/23/2013 new

(Quote) Mike-905381 said: He has done the St. Ignatius Spiritual Exercises. Usually done in 30 days, but there are many prog...
(Quote) Mike-905381 said:

He has done the St. Ignatius Spiritual Exercises. Usually done in 30 days, but there are many programs for laypeople who do not have so much time to give up. The program I am involved with is 10-weeks and it is truly life-changing!

Here is some info:

www.ignatianspirituality.com

--hide--

He did them as part of his training to become a Jesuit.

03/23/2013 new

I did a pretty quick edit of the photo of the feet washing, to remove all the photographers. It is obviously not as legitimate, but at least it doesn't have that guy staring directly at the camera. Hehe!

If you find a better background from a google search, let me know, and I can easily change it. (It's best to use Search Tools>Any Size>Large after you pull up the results of your initial search words) This isn't the best background, but it was easy.

I even have a larger size file if you wish to print one at home.

imgur.com

03/23/2013 new

Cathy, I changed it up a bit:

imgur.com

03/24/2013 new

Very interesting (and very historic) photos and video of Pope Francis meeting with Pope Emeritis Benedict today (3/23/13):

www.dailymail.co.uk

Ed

03/25/2013 new

Pope Francis:

“As Pope Benedict XVI reminded us so many times in his teachings and, finally, with that courageous and humble gesture, it is Christ who guides the Church through His Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the soul of the Church, with His life-giving and unifying strength. Of many He makes a single body – the mystical Body of Christ. Let us never give in to pessimism, to that bitterness that the devil tempts us with every day. Let us not give into pessimism and let us not be discouraged. We have the certainty that the Holy Spirit gives His Church, with His powerful breath, the courage to persevere, the courage to persevere and to search for new ways to evangelise, to bring the Gospel to the ends of the earth. Christian truth is attractive and convincing because it responds to the deep need of human existence, announcing in a convincing way that Christ is the one Saviour of the whole of man and of all men. This announcement is as valid today as it was at the beginning of Christianity when the Church worked for the great missionary expansion of the Gospel.”

theheart pope

03/26/2013 new
"A Vatican-sponsored news application for smart phones known as "The Pope App" pope has risen to the top of the charts in the iTunes store, reflecting a spike in interest in the papacy and newly-elected Pope Francis.

In the last week, "The Pope App" is the most-downloaded news app for iPhone in the U.S., Canada, Spain, Venezuela, Peru, Poland, Chile, Mexico, Portugal, and Pope Francis' home country of Argentina."

www.catholicnewsagency.com
03/26/2013 new

biggrin wave

(Quote) Mike-905381 said: I did a pretty quick edit of the photo of the feet washing, to remove all the photographers. It is...
(Quote) Mike-905381 said:

I did a pretty quick edit of the photo of the feet washing, to remove all the photographers. It is obviously not as legitimate, but at least it doesn't have that guy staring directly at the camera. Hehe!

If you find a better background from a google search, let me know, and I can easily change it. (It's best to use Search Tools>Any Size>Large after you pull up the results of your initial search words) This isn't the best background, but it was easy.

I even have a larger size file if you wish to print one at home. WoW! Thank you, Mike! Praying

imgur.com

--hide--

03/26/2013 new

Patricia, our OP has ended her CM journey a few days ago. Let us pray for her success in whatever endeavor she embarks on. If anyone wishes to get in touch with her, kindly send me private message so I can give you her email address. Thanks to everyone!

Love & Peace Dove theheart

Posts 81 - 90 of 100