Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Amy-951411 said: I agree...it describes our world quite accurately. As a result, it's much harder to be a devout...
(Quote) Amy-951411 said:

I agree...it describes our world quite accurately. As a result, it's much harder to be a devout Catholic, especially when you're single. I'm a single mother, so I feel dating is even more challenging for me while I live out my Catholic faith. I was dating someone and we had to break up because he didn't believe in chastity. I was telling my friends about it, and most of them agree that I was asking too much in asking for a chaste dating relationship. Chastity is unfathomable to most people I know, and I think that's sad.

--hide--

I also agree. It is difficult to be a devout Catholic in a such a world, especially in regards to defending the Church as well. The Devil has some clergy fall into the temptation of acting on perverse thoughts and has the rest of the world so deceived that they see this as either an excuse to blame God and fall away from, or be opposed to the Catholic Church, or to assert that He doesn't exist at all; they would say if God was real then how/why would he allow people who supposedly work for Him to do such things.

How sad and yet true the statement (although I don't remember who made it) "The Devil's greatest trick is making people believe he doesn't exist!" That video (and anything of similar sentiment really) along with that quote show just how far we (as a society and the world in general) have slid down that "slippery slope". God help us all!

Posts 11 - 11 of 11