Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-106 said: I think it would cool if CM was more like Facebook where you update your status with silly or profound items...
(Quote) Mary-106 said: I think it would cool if CM was more like Facebook where you update your status with silly or profound items..went to the game, babysat my nieces, lost my keys. Just a thought. And don't forget to google yourself. It's amazing how much is out there, at least for me:).
--hide--

Here, You are free to post as many Threads as you like and with as many silly or profound items as you want to share, and you can even ask other CMers to share their day. Post away! biggrin biggrin wave

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Beka-823214 said: Can I just say how proud of my facebook security I am? You could see a few of my likes, my profile pictur...
(Quote) Beka-823214 said: Can I just say how proud of my facebook security I am? You could see a few of my likes, my profile picture, my cover photo and that's it! The only other two things that pop up that are obviously connected to me (and not like Beka in one place and my last name in another) are Catholic Match and a comment my dad made on an article on FireRescue1 with a link to an article I wrote for his company about different map projections and stuff. I'm pretty proud of that article too, so I'm a happy camper!

--hide--
It bothers me how much information abt me is available on the Internet, including the amount of private information abt myself I provide here on CM. My kids are much more facile abt this than me.

Mar 17th 2013 new

shhh

[Don't tell: Before I get involved, I not only Google him, but I run a complete background check, including criminal, bankruptcy, and court records. I have children to protect.]

Anon.

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-933860 said: Short answer: No! I'm pretty confident that I'm capable of sniffing out a axe murderer of...
(Quote) Peter-933860 said:

Short answer: No! I'm pretty confident that I'm capable of sniffing out a axe murderer of con artist without Google.

--hide--

Ahhh, the benefits of being male.

Kate

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-933860 said: Short answer: No! I'm pretty confident that I'm capable of sniffing out a axe murderer of...
(Quote) Peter-933860 said:

Short answer: No! I'm pretty confident that I'm capable of sniffing out a axe murderer of con artist without Google.

--hide--

You're also not a member of the weaker sex.

Mar 17th 2013 new
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:Example, driving to a date on my own, only giving out my cellphone number, not the home phone.
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:Example, driving to a date on my own, only giving out my cellphone number, not the home phone.
--hide--

I would give out my home number before the cellular number-- people get insulted when you don't answer your cellular number and figure that you hit the decline button because you don't love them any more. At least if I give out my home number, people just figure that I'm not home. Apart from that, my boss pays for my cellular phone, so I don't like to run up the bill with personal calls.
Mar 17th 2013 new
Out of curiosity, I actually have done that many times. It gives me a chance to daydream, anyway. For anyone who wants to look me up, there is much fascinating reading available. :)

One lady has spent several weeks reading my scribblings on Internet. Unfortunately, she lives far, far from here and has already disqualified herself.

That said, we need to take what we find with a grain of salt, and nothing substitutes for an in-person date.
Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-106 said: I would definitely google a guy before I met him. Catholicmatch is so isolated from the outside world that i...
(Quote) Mary-106 said: I would definitely google a guy before I met him. Catholicmatch is so isolated from the outside world that it would be important to a see a person's Internet footprints. Catholicmatch(CM) is different from Facebook where you can see a history of posts that can give you night into how a person spends his time or what he believes. I think it would cool if CM was more like Facebook where you update your status with silly or profound items..went to the game, babysat my nieces, lost my keys. Just a thought. And don't forget to google yourself. It's amazing how much is out there, at least for me:).
--hide--

They run status threads in the Humor room all the time.. wink

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) William-607613 said: You're also not a member of the weaker sex.
(Quote) William-607613 said:

You're also not a member of the weaker sex.

--hide--
No I'm not, but as I recall that wasn't part of the OP's question. By the way, would a woman be less likely to sniff out a axe murderer?

Mar 17th 2013 new

It would be so easy, then to do a reverse lookup of your home number, find out your address, make a date with you...and have my pals rob your house while you are buying me dinner. eyepopping

Posts 11 - 20 of 84