Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 18th 2013 new
(Quote) Beka-823214 said: *nods* Last names should be reserved until right before meeting, but I think it's absolutly essential to...
(Quote) Beka-823214 said:

*nods* Last names should be reserved until right before meeting, but I think it's absolutly essential to exhange last names at some point! My internet footprint that acutally doesn't exist anyway apperantly name has a first and last name, granted it's my pen name for when I eventually publish, but still! It probably comes from being used to being called by my last name all through middle school and high school and from being friends with multiple Rebecca's, and sharing a lunch table with two of them for a whole year in high school, but I think last names are essential for distinguishing people.

--hide--

Until one gets to my name.. While my internet footprint is there, one might have to wde through a few references to an eight plus year old, who was connected to some not so nice people and happenings. And he is not related, that I know of..
Mar 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said: Thanks, Shara. Just curious, how did you quote me without my name showing up in the quote?
(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said:

Thanks, Shara. Just curious, how did you quote me without my name showing up in the quote?
--hide--

I just deleted what I did not want in between the quote. Just make sure that you do not delete the parentheses. I hope that helps.

Mar 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Some of these guys can carry on the ruse for months before they ask for money, etc. Or they have managed to gather enough ...
(Quote) Some of these guys can carry on the ruse for months before they ask for money, etc. Or they have managed to gather enough pertinent information about you to infiltrate your life on their own. It is a good thing that I am not so lonely I am desperate for someone to compliment and flatter me and love me. They often target people they think are vulnerable to that sort of thing.

--hide--

That is truly a sad and scary thought. But I say that anyone who is not your spouse or your child asking you for money is a no no and would be an immediate stop sign for me. I had an old lady in my bank almost get truly scammed by a young man on facebook but thankfully I caught it. My recommendation is that if anyone asks you for money who is in a romantic situation with you you should ask them to ask one of their guy friends or girlfriends even if they say it is an emergency. It does not matter how long you have known them. Seems hard and harsh but having seen first hand what some of these money scams are, it is necessary.

Now this is a very reasonable caution and an example of being prudent.

Mar 19th 2013 new

No, I don't google search people as there are so many inaccuracies on the internet. Sort of like dating a "French model" that the girl found on the internet. If you have seen the State Farm commercial on that, you would understand what I mean.

But If I were to have a few dates or more, I would definitely do a background check and I have done one a year or so ago and the guy had a criminal record a mile long, owed 250k, and who knows if he was running from the law. Quite scary!!!! So, I don't usually Google, but get the Facts from other sources. You would think you could weed them out right away, but sometimes when they appear too nice, be careful! A con is a con and you just have to figure out their intent and something didn't feel right and that is what prompted the background check and than I ran like Hell.

Better to be safe than sorry with facts.

Mar 19th 2013 new

About a year ago someone had a thread here aboutwww.beenverified.comand how they had done a search on someone from CM that turned out to be a felon.

Mar 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: It would be so easy, then to do a reverse lookup of your home number, find out your address, make...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

It would be so easy, then to do a reverse lookup of your home number, find out your address, make a date with you...and have my pals rob your house while you are buying me dinner.

--hide--

Portland is rough! I feel like a real gentleman now, since none of my date were robbed!

Mar 19th 2013 new

And men, with that strong sense of smell, can sniff out axe murders.

Mar 19th 2013 new

The secret of my success. wink

laughing laughing laughing

Mar 19th 2013 new

Absolutely!!! I find out alot this way. Even guys have to protect themselves against the unobvious things. I also will check the court records of where they live. You can search "Cleveland Court Records Public Information" and look people up by there name. I found alot out about people that helped me know if I wanted or did not want to date them. IE forclosure, debt, etc. It may sound crazy but its so worth it. Stalking or creeping is when you are obsessed with someone - looking someone up to make sure they are sane and that you want to date them I would call being very smart.

Mar 19th 2013 new
The thing about this Google search stuff is I gave a woman my full and I told her that because I am in a controversial business she would find negative feedback on Google but as for personally I never even had a parking ticket.Unfortunately she believed all this negative stuff and freaked my opinion she missed out on a great person(sorry for the head swell)!
Posts 71 - 80 of 84