Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Mar 17th 2013 new
(Quote) Joe-865999 said: I'm sorry. I should have clarified my question a bit more. As a new Catholic I'm a little stunned by the lar...
(Quote) Joe-865999 said: I'm sorry. I should have clarified my question a bit more. As a new Catholic I'm a little stunned by the large range of different beliefs that go into how people view themselves as Catholic. Taking that into thought and trying to apply it to dating and meeting new people is rather overwhelming to me. Thank you to all who have responded to my question. I appreciate your thoughts.
--hide--
As my father, who taught college-level philosophy and theology, used to tell me, every church is two churches. ~~Kate
Mar 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Joe-865999 said: Hello all! As a new Catholic (Easter of '12) and someone who is new to this site. Am I alone i...
(Quote) Joe-865999 said: Hello all!

As a new Catholic (Easter of '12) and someone who is new to this site. Am I alone in thinking this is all just a little overwhelming?
--hide--

JMJT

Hi Joe. Welcome home to the church.

I'm a convert and I remember the 'overwhelming' feeling the first couple of years as well. I never doubted my decision, however, and for all the differences, there's no place like home. God bless you and your journey.

Mar 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Joe-865999 said: I'm sorry. I should have clarified my question a bit more. As a new Catholic I'm a little stunned ...
(Quote) Joe-865999 said: I'm sorry. I should have clarified my question a bit more. As a new Catholic I'm a little stunned by the large range of different beliefs that go into how people view themselves as Catholic. Taking that into thought and trying to apply it to dating and meeting new people is rather overwhelming to me. Thank you to all who have responded to my question. I appreciate your thoughts.
--hide--

Welcome to the forums, Joe. For me it is more disappointing than overwhelming. Disappointing in trying to find a man who is really Catholic even on a Catholic site not to mention one that will really put in the effort it takes to get to know someone. I just thought it would be a lot easier to meet someone really Catholic on a Catholic site....it hasn't been though.

Mar 19th 2013 new

Oops, I forgot to say welcome home to the Church too in addition to welcome to the forums.

Mar 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Joe-865999 said: I'm sorry. I should have clarified my question a bit more. As a new Catholic I'm a little stunned ...
--hide--

HI Joe, biggrin

Welcome to the Church and to the site.

I am sorry for your loss.

I too am a bit surprised at the range and scope of beliefs and approaches and I have been a Catholic all my life. Luckily for me I am also an Archaeologist/Anthropologist, so different beliefs and customs and practices fascinate me.

I hope you have a copy of the Catechism, if you don't try to get one, and then when you are curious about a topic, look it up in the index and read about it. It can give you starting points for discussion with other Catholics as well and help you feel a little more grounded in your belief, there is a lot to learn .... 2000 years and lots of writers make for lots to read :-). And, if you aren't comfortable asking questions in the larger group, read and watch and then ask questions of one or two or however many people that you feel are approachable. :-).

As for the dating part of the site, can't help there at all lol. . .it seems most of my chats and emotigrams and messages are between myself and some of the other women on the site. My sparkling personality must not transfer across cyberspace very well :-)) just kidding.

Most important just relax and enjoy all the varied personalities we have here, its one of the best parts about the site.

Posts 11 - 15 of 15