Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Paige-942695 said: Be still.
(Quote) Paige-942695 said:

Be still.

--hide--

Thanks Paige ... That, I should do ...it can be relaxing to let the world just sort of pass by ...

Mar 17th 2013 new

I often feel on edge, trembling inside ... whenever I am NOT in church, before His presence. I go and kneel at the communion rail in silent Adoration, and just fixate my gaze upon Jesus. He speaks of His infinite mercy and compassion through His sorrowful eyes. There is nothing in this world that can give us greater security than being in His presence. I thank God with all my heart that we now have a pope emeritus and a new pope who are both men of deep prayer. We are in the Year of Faith approaching the Year of Prayer. We have much to be grateful for and optimistic about! JPII's famous words of Jesus, "Be not afraid". Sometimes when I am just sitting in church by myself, I open up a hymnal and find a hymn I really like such as "Our Mighty Fortress is Our God" by JS Bach. If church is not open, I often watch EWTN, read scripture or a Catholic publication, call a friend who is a true Catholic or even a priest. I am careful about my associations so that I do not beome even more uneasy!

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Cheryl-843530 said: I often feel on edge, trembling inside ... whenever I am NOT in church, before His presence. I g...
(Quote) Cheryl-843530 said:

I often feel on edge, trembling inside ... whenever I am NOT in church, before His presence. I go and kneel at the communion rail in silent Adoration, and just fixate my gaze upon Jesus. He speaks of His infinite mercy and compassion through His sorrowful eyes. There is nothing in this world that can give us greater security than being in His presence. I thank God with all my heart that we now have a pope emeritus and a new pope who are both men of deep prayer. We are in the Year of Faith approaching the Year of Prayer. We have much to be grateful for and optimistic about! JPII's famous words of Jesus, "Be not afraid". Sometimes when I am just sitting in church by myself, I open up a hymnal and find a hymn I really like such as "Our Mighty Fortress is Our God" by JS Bach. If church is not open, I often watch EWTN, read scripture or a Catholic publication, call a friend who is a true Catholic or even a priest. I am careful about my associations so that I do not beome even more uneasy!

--hide--

Good spirituality-based advice and suggestions, Cheryl ... Thanks much!

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: (Quote) Sue-501768 said: I usually pray, and try to find out what is at the core...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

Quote:
Sue-501768 said: I usually pray, and try to find out what is at the core of my restlessness...

Hi Sue .... Maybe a prayer is in order ...Thanks ....

--hide--

I say a rosary. I have found it helps me to let go of worries.
Also I like yoghurt. Even plain nonfat.

Mar 17th 2013 new

As someone else stated, it can depend on why I'm feeling a bit 'off' as to what I do about it. Sometimes, I get so preoccupied with some task or train of thought that I don't even realize that I'm sort of on edge about something. Usually the first cue to my 'internal upheaval' is when I realize (usually after having been doing it for quite some time) that I am humming or out-right softly singing some of my favorite hymns that have always given me strength. Examples of these would be; "Shepard Me O God", "There Is A Longing" and such.

Other times, simply playing with or cuddling one of my critters, putting on a light comedy, or some classical, jazz or swing music - perhaps with a nice little glass of wine... Fortunately, I've always joked that I have the attention span of a gnat - so not only do I not hold a grudge long, but I easily push aside the things that are producing negativity. The fastest way that I've found to do that is to look either to my ability to see 'the bright side' in pretty much any given situation or on my wicked sense of humor. Usually, I just need to step back and get some perspective.

Dove Peace, Richard

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Tonite I feel a little off-kilter ... I was listening to some oldies music for awhile and just b...

Tonite I feel a little off-kilter ... I was listening to some oldies music for awhile and just browsing online, but it sort of got to me and I am feeling just a little wound up ... So, I'm going to make myself a cup of tea (don't like coffee, at the risk of sounding un-masculine) and have a Tastykake (local cake) ....

So, what do you do when you feel a little bit on the edge of things? ...

--hide--

I also drink tea.....green tea and chamomille tea have a calming effect on me.

I do meditation and visualization to help me get rid of all the negative energies that puts me "on the edge of things."

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: I say a rosary. I have found it helps me to let go of worries.Also I like yoghurt. Ev...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

I say a rosary. I have found it helps me to let go of worries.
Also I like yoghurt. Even plain nonfat.

--hide--

A rosary, as Marian says, or really any prayer. One of the greatest things we can do is turn to God in times of unrest. Can't tell you how many times I've been curled up, crying and praying at the same time. But it does help; I won't say the troubles fall away, but they're definitely put in perspective.

I also like upbeat music or a good brisk walk or stimulating reading. I don't think you're in danger of this, but don't try to sew. ;) Learned that the hard way... I also wouldn't try anything involving sharp objects lol, but people have different things that bring peace and clarity.

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Christy-929874 said: A rosary, as Marian says, or really any prayer. One of the greatest things we can do i...
(Quote) Christy-929874 said:

A rosary, as Marian says, or really any prayer. One of the greatest things we can do is turn to God in times of unrest. Can't tell you how many times I've been curled up, crying and praying at the same time. But it does help; I won't say the troubles fall away, but they're definitely put in perspective.

I also like upbeat music or a good brisk walk or stimulating reading. I don't think you're in danger of this, but don't try to sew. ;) Learned that the hard proabably saysway... I also wouldn't try anything involving sharp objects lol, but people have different things that bring peace and clarity.

--hide--

Yes, sometimes at nite when I'm laying in bed, on edge, can't sleep, I start saying my nightly prayers ...over and over and, well, you know ... And I think God probably says, "Enough already!" and He has me drift off into dreamland!

Mar 17th 2013 new
(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Tonite I feel a little off-kilter ... I was listening to some oldies music for awhile and just browsing online...

Tonite I feel a little off-kilter ... I was listening to some oldies music for awhile and just browsing online, but it sort of got to me and I am feeling just a little wound up ... So, I'm going to make myself a cup of tea (don't like coffee, at the risk of sounding un-masculine) and have a Tastykake (local cake) ....

--hide--

I find the Rosary and the Holy Spirit prayer helps me the most. Also I try spending extra time in adoration....
Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Tonite I feel a little off-kilter ... I was listening to some oldies music for awhile and just b...

--hide--

Richard,

I pray for Mary's Intercession with Jesus Christ and the vehicle is the Rosary to calm whatever is going on in my spirit. I have experienced many miracles in my life with this kind of prayer. If you do not have time for a Rosary just ask the Blessed Mother to guide you through your present problems, to place you in the correct path, say the right words and seek the conclusion that is best even when you have no idea what it is. Open you heart/soul up freely without your own conclusions.

Eloise

rosary theheart

Posts 11 - 20 of 62