Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Happy St. Patrick's Day !

03/17/2013 new

Being from the city of Chicago that thinks St. Patrick's Day is a national holiday and celebrates it for roughly 48 hours (it started Friday night and will end tonight and there was a parade Saturday at Noon and even a parade last weekend (for the South Side Irish) and the city dyes the river green and every bar and restaurant serves green specials and there are so many people wearing green that I am getting cross-eyed and huge throngs of people on the city streets and sidewalks celebrating yesterday which brought traffic to a halt and made it almost impossible to walk down the sidewalk starting at Noon - phew!), and I am named Patricia (after St. Patrick) - that I want to wish everyone on CM a HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!! Clover Clover Clover Clover Clover Clover Clover

03/17/2013 new

Thanks and Clover same to you

03/17/2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Being from the city of Chicago that thinks St. Patrick's Day is a national holiday and cele...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Being from the city of Chicago that thinks St. Patrick's Day is a national holiday and celebrates it for roughly 48 hours (it started Friday night and will end tonight and there was a parade Saturday at Noon and even a parade last weekend (for the South Side Irish) and the city dyes the river green and every bar and restaurant serves green specials and there are so many people wearing green that I am getting cross-eyed and huge throngs of people on the city streets and sidewalks celebrating yesterday which brought traffic to a halt and made it almost impossible to walk down the sidewalk starting at Noon - phew!), and I am named Patricia (after St. Patrick) - that I want to wish everyone on CM a HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!

--hide--

Corned beef is cooking on the stove and we are celebrating by watching EWTNClover Happy St. Patrick's Day biggrin Clover

03/17/2013 new

Ireland Hmmm....note to CM administrators....St Patrick used a Shamrock to teach the Trinity, not a Clover

03/17/2013 new
Happy St Patrick's Day everyone!
03/17/2013 new
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Being from the city of Chicago that thinks St. Patrick's Day is a national holiday and celebrates it for ...

Being from the city of Chicago that thinks St. Patrick's Day is a national holiday and celebrates it for roughly 48 hours (it started Friday night and will end tonight and there was a parade Saturday at Noon and even a parade last weekend (for the South Side Irish) and the city dyes the river green and every bar and restaurant serves green specials and there are so many people wearing green that I am getting cross-eyed and huge throngs of people on the city streets and sidewalks celebrating yesterday which brought traffic to a halt and made it almost impossible to walk down the sidewalk starting at Noon - phew!), and I am named Patricia (after St. Patrick) - that I want to wish everyone on CM a HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!

--hide--
Same back to you Patricia. My son is Patrick, we belong to St. Patrick's parish, and I love Chicago's Irish spirit. however I will concede that the traffic doesn't clog quite the same in the 'burbs. And for everyone, a modified Irish blessing: may the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, and may ye be in heaven a half hour before the devil know you are dead.
03/17/2013 new

(Quote) Steven-768791 said: Hmmm....note to CM administrators....St Patrick used a Shamrock to teach the Trinity, not a ...
(Quote) Steven-768791 said:

Hmmm....note to CM administrators....St Patrick used a Shamrock to teach the Trinity, not a

--hide--

Well now, you still have a four-leaf Clover for good luck, and a shamrock available to use, as St. Patrick's famous Trinity illustration.

So, Happy St. Paddy's Day from a dyed-in-the-wool irishman! We have an irish monsignor, pastor emeritus, and an irish-american pastor.

At the end of mass we sang www.youtube.com minus the introduction.

Lá Fhéile Pádraig Sona Daoibh! Erin Go Bragh! Ireland

03/17/2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Being from the city of Chicago that thinks St. Patrick's Day is a national holiday and cele...

--hide--
THE SAME TO YOU PATRICIA!! GO EASY ON THE GREEN BEER!! laughing laughing laughing

03/18/2013 new

(Quote) Mike-646924 said: THE SAME TO YOU PATRICIA!! GO EASY ON THE GREEN BEER!!
(Quote) Mike-646924 said:

THE SAME TO YOU PATRICIA!! GO EASY ON THE GREEN BEER!!

--hide--

No green beer, Mike, just a glass or two of a Chilean Sauvignon Blanc (not too Irish shamrock , but at least it's Latin American like our new Pope!) Sunrise

03/18/2013 new
Happy St. Patrick's day Patricia, from one Irish girl to another!!!!!!!!
Posts 1 - 10 of 10