Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Therese-668052 said: First time i hear about scapulars i have seen people wearing them but never knew that there is...
(Quote) Therese-668052 said:

First time i hear about scapulars i have seen people wearing them but never knew that there is a special reason behind that.

What is Rose Scapular? and what does brown scapular mean. Can someone post a link to see what to look for?
--hide--

Hello Therese,

Here is a link on why a Catholic should wear the Brown Scapular (Rose Scapular is the name of the company that sells good quality scapulars that last for years): freebrownscapular.com

However, here another link about the other Scapulars and the solemn use of each if you are interested in learning more about them: fisheaters.com

God bless! theheart

Mar 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Therese-668052 said: This is a link about the brown scapular if anyone is intrested to learn about it :) ht...

This is a link about the brown scapular if anyone is intrested to learn about it :)

www.traditioninaction.org

The Rose Scapular as i found while surfing the internet is a company who makes good quality of scapulars www.rosescapular.net
--hide--

Hello again, Therese,

I see that you found the information on your own. heart The Brown Scapular is a daily reminder of Our Lady and the fact that she is always with us. May Our Lord and Lady keep you. theheart

Mar 24th 2013 new

Some uplifting quotes by Great Saints: theheart

"Only the chaste man and the chaste woman are capable of true love."
--Pope John Paul II

"Chastity is a difficult, long term matter; one must wait patiently for it to bear fruit, for the happiness of loving kindness which it must bring. But at the same time, chastity is the sure way to happiness."
--Pope John Paul II

"Deep within yourself, listen to your conscience which calls you to be pure . . . a home is not warmed by the fire of pleasure which burns quickly like a pile of withered grass. Passing encounters are only a caricature of love; they injure hearts and mock God's plan."
--Pope John Paul II

"[God] has assigned as a duty to every man the dignity of every woman."
--Pope John Paul II

"To be pure, to remain pure, can only come at a price, the price of knowing God and loving him enough to do his will. He will always give us the strength we need to keep purity as something as beautiful for him."
--Blessed Mother Teresa

"When you have sought the company of a sensual satisfaction, what loneliness afterward!"
--St. Josemaria Escriva

"Don't say, 'That's the way I am—its my character.' It's your lack of character. Esto vir!—Be a man!"
--St. Josemaria Escriva

"Purity is the fruit of prayer."
--Blessed Mother Teresa

"Purity prepares the soul for love, and love confirms the soul in purity."
--John Henry Cardinal Newman

"Filthy talk makes us feel comfortable with filthy action. But the one who knows how to control the tongue is prepared to resist the attacks of lust."
--St. Clement of Alexandria

"That conversation . . . was as dirty as a sewer! It is not enough for you to take no part in it. You must show your repugnance to it strongly!"
--St. Josemaria Escriva

"Either we must speak as we dress, or dress as we speak. Why do we profess one thing and display another? The tongue talks of chastity, but the whole body reveals impurity."
--St. Jerome

“A clean heart is a free heart. A free heart can love Christ with an undivided love in chastity, convinced that nothing and nobody will separate it from his love. Purity, chastity, and virginity created a special beauty in Mary that attracted God’s attention. He showed his great love for the world by giving Jesus to her.”
--Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

”A pure soul is like a fine pearl. As long as it is hidden in the shell, at the bottom of the sea, no one thinks of admiring it. But if you bring it into the sunshine, this pearl will shine and attract all eyes. Thus the pure soul, which is hidden from the eyes of the world, will one day shine before the Angels in the sunshine of eternity.”
--Saint John Marie Vianney

”The pure soul is a beautiful rose, and the Three Divine Persons descend from Heaven to inhale its fragrance.”
--Saint John Marie Vianney

”Chastity is the lily of virtues, and makes men almost equal to Angels. Everything is beautiful in accordance with its purity. Now the purity of man is chastity, which is called honesty, and the observance of it, honor and also integrity; and its contrary is called corruption; in short, it has this peculiar excellence above the other virtues, that it preserves both soul and body fair and unspotted.”
--Saint Francis of Sales, Doctor of the Church

”Humility is the safeguard of chastity. In the matter of purity, there is no greater danger than not fearing the danger. For my part, when I find a man secure of himself and without fear, I give him up for lost I am less alarmed for one who is tempted and who resists by avoiding the occasions, than for one who is not tempted and is not careful to avoid occasions. When a person puts himself in an occasion, saying, I shall not fall, it is an almost infallible sign that he will fall, and with great injury to his soul.”
--Saint Philip Neri

He alone loves the Creator perfectly who manifests a pure love for his neighbor.
--Saint Bede the Venerable

'We must practise modesty, not only in our looks, but also in our whole deportment, and particularly in our dress, our walk, our conversation, and all similar actions.'
--St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

"You carry your snare everywhere and spread your nets in all places. You allege that you never invited others to sin. You did not indeed, by your words, but you have done so by your dress and your deportment. ... When you have made another sin in his heart, how can you be innocent? Tell me, whom does this world condemn? Whom do judges punish? Those who drink poison or those who prepare it and administer the fatal potion? You have prepared the abominable cup, you have given the death dealing drink, and you are more criminal than are those who poison the body; you murder not the body but the soul. And it is not to enemies you do this, nor are you urged on by any imaginary necessity , nor provoked by injury , but out of foolish vanity and pride."
--Saint John Chrysostom

Mar 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Susan-940526 said: I've been following this thread and have made a commitment tonight to God (and now all of you...
(Quote) Susan-940526 said:

I've been following this thread and have made a commitment tonight to God (and now all of you!) to stay chaste. So much good stuff here. I truly see the value in this. And the gift that it will be from God. Thank you all. Blessings

--hide--

clap clap clap Think of it as a Lenten sacrifice that extends through Lent! biggrin That's so terrific!

Mar 24th 2013 new

It's been mentioned before in this thread but I want to bring it up again... I learned from very hard experience to not get involved with anyone less than 7/7 on their profile. At first I thought it would be a great thing to have open discussions about, but I foolishly became attached to someone who was not going to change his mind. The relationship had to end... *heartbroken*

But it's wonderful that such things can be disscussed with honesty & clarity in our public forums. We engage a mighty battle for Christ in this topic. So wonderful to have a place where we can exchange ideas & receive encouragement for the fight. rose

Mar 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Therese-668052 said: Chocolate is my weakness. When i am on a diet being around chocolate tempt me i might ...

Chocolate is my weakness. When i am on a diet being around chocolate tempt me i might not be able to resist at least a bite BUT when i give up chocolate for lent it doesn't matter where i see chocolate even if it was in my plate i will never touch it or feel tempted.

What i wanted to share is, when we are giving our word and promise to God, this should make the difference and there should be no fear of breaking promises. What we need to work on is our relationship with God and our closeness to God.

We cannot avoid to be around temptation all the time. Trials could be everywhere. But we can pray and build our strength to be strong enough to not fall into temptation?!!! it is to believe that what we promised God is more important than what we are tempted to do. When we have the restrictions set in our mind and we believe in them we will never fall. Because this is what we want more than anything else, not because we are forced to do it by our religion or our traditions or our culture but because we were free enough to say this is our choice and our decision.
--hide--

This is truly beautiful Therese... rose

Thanks so much for sharing your perspective... *inspired*

Mar 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Debbie-514749 said: It's been mentioned before in this thread but I want to bring it up again... I learned from ...
(Quote) Debbie-514749 said:

It's been mentioned before in this thread but I want to bring it up again... I learned from very hard experience to not get involved with anyone less than 7/7 on their profile. At first I thought it would be a great thing to have open discussions about, but I foolishly became attached to someone who was not going to change his mind. The relationship had to end... *heartbroken*

But it's wonderful that such things can be disscussed with honesty & clarity in our public forums. We engage a mighty battle for Christ in this topic. So wonderful to have a place where we can exchange ideas & receive encouragement for the fight.

--hide--

Thank you Debbie for expressing these things. We need to be able to feel we can discuss these difficult matters in the open forums.

Mar 24th 2013 new

Sol, what a beautiful list of great wisdom! Thanks for gathering it all together. Very powerful!

Mar 25th 2013 new
(Quote) Bernadette-874299 said: Hello Therese, Here is a link on why a Ca...
(Quote) Bernadette-874299 said:

Hello Therese,

Here is a link on why a Catholic should wear the Brown Scapular (Rose Scapular is the name of the company that sells good quality scapulars that last for years): freebrownscapular.com

However, here another link about the other Scapulars and the solemn use of each if you are interested in learning more about them: fisheaters.com

God bless!

--hide--

Thank you Bernadette for providing more links about scapulars, very good information heart

Yesterday i ordered two from the Rose Scapular site. We will be wearing them.

keep us in your prayers theheart

TKC rose

Therese
Mar 25th 2013 new
(Quote) Debbie-514749 said: This is truly beautiful Therese... Thanks so much for sharing...
(Quote) Debbie-514749 said:

This is truly beautiful Therese...

Thanks so much for sharing your perspective... *inspired*

--hide--

Main goal is to please God! Our creator! God bless you Debbie theheart
Posts 141 - 150 of 200