Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-13836 said: Marian, the people who are turned off by anyone's interest in chastity are precisely the peo...
(Quote) Jim-13836 said:

Marian, the people who are turned off by anyone's interest in chastity are precisely the people I want to stay away from. (I hope that came out right)

--hide--

Exactly! Sometimes, I wonder if my views are stated a bit too strongly in my profile, but then I remember that I don't want or need a bunch of men--just one who is on the same page with me.

Mar 20th 2013 new

I'm loving the great advice. I agree with lots of prayer, watching what goes in the mind (books, tv, music, etc), and staying under Mary's mantle (via the miraculous medal and the rosary), who knows a thing or two about chastity. wink

Mar 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Some think that we can have a civil and charitable conversation about the important issue of chastity...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

Some think that we can have a civil and charitable conversation about the important issue of chastity in this room. I said I would put something up and see if that is indeed possible!

So, what is your best piece of advice to an adult trying to live a chaste and pure life?

"More souls go to Hell because of sins of the flesh than for any other reason. " --Our Lady to the children at Fatima

How can we as adult (not teenaged) Catholics help ourselves to save our souls from the sins of impurity?

I will go first:

Wear on your person a blessed sacramental at all times. The miraculous medal, the brown scapular, a crucifix (not a cross, a crucifix). Wear it always, not taking it off for anything. There is grace and power in sacramentals, and it is a physical reminder of to Whom you belong, and Who has given you this body, and Who dwells within you.

If you are tempted, you will have to, as an act of your will, physiclaly remove this sacramental if you are to proceed with whatever you were going to do. It will be a physical sign that you are separating yourself from God, that you are doing it willingly, with full knowledge. That's enough to give you pause and a chance to change your mind.

--hide--

Great post Pat! I wear the miraculous medal, I feel as if something is missing without it, not only makes me feel protected in life & dangers but also spiritually. It is a great reminder I belong to Him. On the movies, someone mentioned recently, makes me think of this talk: "What Chick Flicks and Love Songs Have to Do With Chastity" by Lisa Cotter

www.focusequip.org

"True chastity consists of not just being physically chaste, but also emotionally pure. In this session, Lisa Cotter, wife and mother of two in a FOCUS missionary family, will bring to light the emotional side of purity in a practical way for women to better know how to understand themselves."

www.focusonline.org

The other day a friend brought me loads of movies for me to be entertained, I gave back most of them. "Is it because this reminds you of what you do not have"? No, I said, it is because that is not real, I want to see inspiring things. I must say I enjoyed in the past these kinds of movies, but having learnt on what they portray I just kept Forrest Gump and a couple more!

The talk I mentioned before also talks about emotional enslavement women may experience versus physical enslavement men can more easily experience.

Mar 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-13836 said: (Quote) Darrin-306390 said: When our Lady of Fatima said " More souls go...
(Quote) Jim-13836 said:

Quote:
Darrin-306390 said:

When our Lady of Fatima said " More souls go to Hell because the sins of the flesh than any other reason" that really made me think. That was in 1917 when morals were so much more better around the world and especially in the USA. In 2013 look at our morals now with all the sexual sins everywhere to what men and women wear, with all the fornication, adultery, etc. I'd be scared to know how many more are falling into hell for it now:(

That comment at Fatima by the Blessed Mother made me sit up and think as well. I ended up coming to the same conclusion you did.

--hide--

Foxnews.com has a current story about "Sex Week" scheduled April 7 - 12 at the University of Tennessee. I don't think Our Lady of Fatima, or her Son, would approve?

Mar 21st 2013 new

Wow Bernadette,

I love your advice on chastity. It is very practical. I will try with the help of God to have a "firm resolution" not to be alone with the woman I am attracted to. We have lost the concept of chaperones. Thank you! God Blesss You!

Mar 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Bob-59786 said: Foxnews.com has a current story about "Sex Week" scheduled April 7 - 12 at the Un...
(Quote) Bob-59786 said:

Foxnews.com has a current story about "Sex Week" scheduled April 7 - 12 at the University of Tennessee. I don't think Our Lady of Fatima, or her Son, would approve?

--hide--

Is this based on Spring break or what? Do I want to know the answer?

Mar 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Bob-59786 said: Foxnews.com has a current story about "Sex Week" scheduled April 7 - 12 at the University ...
(Quote) Bob-59786 said:

--hide--

Is Sex Week a common thing at colleges now? I recently read about one at Yale -- calling it perverse does not do it justice.

Mar 22nd 2013 new

What I do is turn on the Divine Mercy as soon as I get up in the morning. After that, I listen to multiple sets of the Rosary while I am getting ready for work.

When I get home, I do the same thing. I am lucky that I like pretty much all sports. So, I multi-task in the evening. I will turn a game on and mute the sound. Then I will put on a Bible Study or again Divine Mercy and the Rosary.

But, I attempt to surround myself with Christ throughout my day.

God Bless,

Will

Mar 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Is Sex Week a common thing at colleges now? I recently read about one at Yale -- calling ...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Is Sex Week a common thing at colleges now? I recently read about one at Yale -- calling it perverse does not do it justice.

--hide--

A Sex Week Google search shows several Sex Weeks at Colleges.

We know that all people don't believe in practicing sexuality as taught by Christianity and other religions. That's one of the reasons we have to be very selective in searching for a spouse.

Mar 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Is this based on Spring break or what? Do I want to know the answer?
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Is this based on Spring break or what? Do I want to know the answer?

--hide--

Don't know, but Spring Break should be over by April 7th.

Posts 61 - 70 of 200