Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: Some of the ruling families: The Mellons, Rockefellers, Morgans, Harrimans and lesser ...
(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

Some of the ruling families: The Mellons, Rockefellers, Morgans, Harrimans and lesser stooges such as the Bushes and Kennedys, as well as the old Brahmin families of Boston such as the Perkinses, Forbeses, etc. Basically these families constitute the northeastern liberal establishment. They belong to both political parties, although in effect they always seem to be socially liberal and economically libertarian. Many are limousine liberals who conceal their numerous crimes with a thin veneer of social justice talk.

--hide--

The more I know of the Kennedy's, the less I like them. They are a one track mind when it comes to Politics--Liberal.
I mention the Kennedy's because I used to admire them, growing up.

Are the Forbes, the same ones as the Magazine?

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: Get a yardstick, allow each inch to equal a thousand years.Mark off a million se...
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

Get a yardstick, allow each inch to equal a thousand years.

Mark off a million seconds, a billion seconds, and a trillion seconds.

After you faint and come to, you will be a fiscal conservative.

--hide--

WHAT???????

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: The more I know of the Kennedy's, the less I like them. They are a one track mind ...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

The more I know of the Kennedy's, the less I like them. They are a one track mind when it comes to Politics--Liberal.
I mention the Kennedy's because I used to admire them, growing up.

Are the Forbes, the same ones as the Magazine?

--hide--

Well, the Kennedys are Catholics who started working for the establishment a long time ago. By the 1950s and 60s the establishment was eager to get the government involved in family planning and who better to start that than a Catholic! My understanding is that JFK was elected as a lackey but started to get ideas of his own especially after the Bay of Pigs fiasco. That was the end of him.

Not sure whether Forbes magazine is connected to the Brahmin family of the same name.

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: Well, the Kennedys are Catholics who started working for the establishment a long time...
(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

Well, the Kennedys are Catholics who started working for the establishment a long time ago. By the 1950s and 60s the establishment was eager to get the government involved in family planning and who better to start that than a Catholic! My understanding is that JFK was elected as a lackey but started to get ideas of his own especially after the Bay of Pigs fiasco. That was the end of him.

Not sure whether Forbes magazine is connected to the Brahmin family of the same name.

--hide--

Why would the government want to be involved in family planning? They say that the number of abortions performed since
Roe vs. Wade equals the number of illegals who have come to this country and stayed since that time.

That is just a swap.

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Why would the government want to be involved in family planning? They say that the num...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Why would the government want to be involved in family planning? They say that the number of abortions performed since
Roe vs. Wade equals the number of illegals who have come to this country and stayed since that time.

That is just a swap.

--hide--

The government is just a battleground for power; establishment figures have used government to further their aims for a long time. The fixation on family planning really is just an indication of how pervasive the Northeast establishment had become over the rest of the country by the 50s and 60s. The Harrimans, Rockefellers and others were and still are obsessed with population control and overpopulation. Overpopulation always has been a myth, but for the establishment it is a dogma. By the 1950s and 60s the Catholic Church was, to put it simply, the last man standing on opposition to artificial birth control. The Rockefellers in particular launched an all-out assault on the Catholic Church to weaken its opposition to artificial birth control by creating a fifth column in the Church through bought-and-paid-for clergy such as Fr. Theodore Hesburgh of Notre Dame.

Under Johnson and Nixon the US government became heavily involved in family planning, especially in the Third World...because as we know the little people of the Third World might want to benefit from all that mineral wealth and we couldn't have that!

Mar 20th 2013 new

The presidential limo died on Obama's visit to Isreal this week. It couldn't be restarted. They had to switch cars and call a towing company to pick up the dead limo.

>>> politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com

What are the chances that Obama will blame this on the sequester of $80+ billion. If only we had given him the sequester funds.... they would have had enough money to make sure that the presidential limo was in good working order. laughing laughing >>> Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

I wish that everyone back in Washington could find a way to trim the budget in a more sane and sensible manner, but if not, then the sequester reduction will have to serve as a 2nd-best solution. We must continue to make big reductions over time, or we will doom our country. We can overcome our present situation, but we must be very serious about the sacrifices needed of all Americans to make this happen.

Just my thoughts.

Ed

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: The bullets and vehicles are there for what comes after all the money is gone;.....and it won'...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

The bullets and vehicles are there for what comes after all the money is gone;.....and it won't be pretty.

--hide--

Mine Resistant Armored Vehicles, straight from the Iraqi War. We're bringing the War Back Home.

www.metrolyrics.com

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: Mine Resistant Armored Vehicles, straight from the Iraqi War. We're bringing the Wa...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

Mine Resistant Armored Vehicles, straight from the Iraqi War. We're bringing the War Back Home.

www.metrolyrics.com

--hide--

rolling eyes

Who cares?

Police departments have been getting military surplus for decades. To the laughable extent that this is even news, it's old news.

Mar 21st 2013 new
We the people of the United States of America are not morally obligated nor legally obligated under constitutional law for the onerous debts incurred by corrupt politicians at the behest of international financial institutions. Having said that, those same corrupt politicians and criminal bankers will devalue our nations currency at an increasing rate until it retains zero purchasing power. To protect yourself it is important to reduce your reliance on the US dollar. God bless and God speed.
Mar 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Grant-863644 said: We the people of the United States of America are not morally obligated nor legally obligated under cons...
(Quote) Grant-863644 said: We the people of the United States of America are not morally obligated nor legally obligated under constitutional law for the onerous debts incurred by corrupt politicians at the behest of international financial institutions. Having said that, those same corrupt politicians and criminal bankers will devalue our nations currency at an increasing rate until it retains zero purchasing power. To protect yourself it is important to reduce your reliance on the US dollar. God bless and God speed.
--hide--

Unfortunately, since we the people of the USA can't seem to be bothered to get rid of the corrupt politicians, we are obligated under the Constitution to pay those debts.

Posts 21 - 30 of 91