Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

www.creativeminorityreport.com

Pope Francis has spoken out in the past about denying communion to pro-abortion public figures. I wonder if Canon 915 will be put into action at this Mass...
Mar 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Charles-512043 said: www.creativeminorityreport.com Pope...
(Quote) Charles-512043 said: www.creativeminorityreport.com

Pope Francis has spoken out in the past about denying communion to pro-abortion public figures. I wonder if Canon 915 will be put into action at this Mass...
--hide--

I can't believe either one of them has the guts to continue to call themselves Catholic, let alone to fly over to attend the Pope's mass. Mrs. Pelosi not only supports abortion and birth control, she claims to represent Catholics while she does it. I keep forgetting that Biden claims to be a Catholic--his public persona doesn't even hint at Catholicism. (Although I have to admit I don't actually pay much attention to the behavior of the Vice President) I dare any one to admit that they do! (LOL)

This could be the 1st big test of Pope Francis' mettle. Does he stand by his words and deny these two communion? That might provide a real wake up call to Catholics world wide, and especially in the U.S. We have ignored that message when delivered from Mother Theresa to the Clintons, and from John Paul 2. On the other hand the new Pope would also face a diplomatic nightmare. I am hoping that he will quietly deny them communion and that the media somehow misses it. They will get the message and hopefully rethink their positions, thereby saving their souls. That's what this is all about; saving souls. God mave mercy on us and on the whole world.

Mar 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Loretta-867522 said: I can't believe either one of them has the guts to continue to call themselves Catholic...
(Quote) Loretta-867522 said:

I can't believe either one of them has the guts to continue to call themselves Catholic, let alone to fly over to attend the Pope's mass. Mrs. Pelosi not only supports abortion and birth control, she claims to represent Catholics while she does it. I keep forgetting that Biden claims to be a Catholic--his public persona doesn't even hint at Catholicism. (Although I have to admit I don't actually pay much attention to the behavior of the Vice President) I dare any one to admit that they do! (LOL)

This could be the 1st big test of Pope Francis' mettle. Does he stand by his words and deny these two communion? That might provide a real wake up call to Catholics world wide, and especially in the U.S. We have ignored that message when delivered from Mother Theresa to the Clintons, and from John Paul 2. On the other hand the new Pope would also face a diplomatic nightmare. I am hoping that he will quietly deny them communion and that the media somehow misses it. They will get the message and hopefully rethink their positions, thereby saving their souls. That's what this is all about; saving souls. God mave mercy on us and on the whole world.

--hide--

There are three separate issues in the question.

1) Biden's attendance at the Papal Mass. He is the Vice-President of the US and has been sent by the President as his personal representative at an official function of the Head of a Nation with whom the US maintains diplomatic relations. That is an appropriate role for him and the only criticism of that should be aimed at Obummer for being so insensitive as to send this clown in this role.

2) Pelosi's attendance. Unless she were delegated by Obummer, she is going on her own with no official status. That would represent a pushiness on her part wholly inappropriate but typical of this farcical, woman. If she were provided a ticket of admission by the appropriate Vatican Office it is because either, that office in unaware of her views or that because of her prominent position (wholly undeserved to be truthful) she was provided with them.

3) Their receivable of the Eucharist - This is the one that is the real problem. Their Bishops have told them to refrain. But their past behavior would seem to indicate that they believe they can set their own rules. Especially in the case of the imperial Nancy. If the Pope himself gives them Communion, that would be a major scandal. That is unlikely to happen as who gets to receive from the Pope at a Papal Mass is pretty tightly controlled. If they receive from one of the other priests distributing to the faithful in attendance it is most likely that the priest would have no idea who they are and would merely be giving to them because they presented themselves. Even if he knows who they are and still gives them the Eucharist it would be because that Priest has no certainty that they had not received proper absolution and were entitled. In either case, any sin would be personal to Joe or Nancy and not to the priest.

Mar 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: There are three separate issues in the question. 1) Biden's attendance at the ...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

There are three separate issues in the question.

1) Biden's attendance at the Papal Mass. He is the Vice-President of the US and has been sent by the President as his personal representative at an official function of the Head of a Nation with whom the US maintains diplomatic relations. That is an appropriate role for him and the only criticism of that should be aimed at Obummer for being so insensitive as to send this clown in this role.

2) Pelosi's attendance. Unless she were delegated by Obummer, she is going on her own with no official status. That would represent a pushiness on her part wholly inappropriate but typical of this farcical, woman. If she were provided a ticket of admission by the appropriate Vatican Office it is because either, that office in unaware of her views or that because of her prominent position (wholly undeserved to be truthful) she was provided with them.

3) Their receivable of the Eucharist - This is the one that is the real problem. Their Bishops have told them to refrain. But their past behavior would seem to indicate that they believe they can set their own rules. Especially in the case of the imperial Nancy. If the Pope himself gives them Communion, that would be a major scandal. That is unlikely to happen as who gets to receive from the Pope at a Papal Mass is pretty tightly controlled. If they receive from one of the other priests distributing to the faithful in attendance it is most likely that the priest would have no idea who they are and would merely be giving to them because they presented themselves. Even if he knows who they are and still gives them the Eucharist it would be because that Priest has no certainty that they had not received proper absolution and were entitled. In either case, any sin would be personal to Joe or Nancy and not to the priest.

--hide--

Originally Obama invited John Boehner, but he said he couldn't go. Pelosi announced publicly via the media (what's knew!) that she was hoping the president would give her the extra ticket (at that time he hadn't asked her yet)...on and on.... Your right inappropriate, pushy, farcical woman!

Mar 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Loretta-867522 said: I can't believe either one of them has the guts to continue to call themselves Catholic...
(Quote) Loretta-867522 said:

--hide--

This isn't surprising and seems nothing compared to the fact Cardinal Mahoney was allowed to go to the conclave and vote after the horrific scandal and pain he has caused to his flock here in California.

Mar 18th 2013 new

--hide--

Amidst all the hypocrisy and scandal, I am going to focus on Pope Francis. Knowing that he is going to work hard to lead us into reform:)

Mar 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-56149 said: Amidst all the hypocrisy and scandal, I am going to focus on Pope Francis. Knowing tha...
(Quote) Laura-56149 said:

Amidst all the hypocrisy and scandal, I am going to focus on Pope Francis. Knowing that he is going to work hard to lead us into reform:)

--hide--

Praying Praying the Holy Spirit heals and converts their hearts during this beautiful ceremony:)

Mar 19th 2013 new
It's a disgrace those 3 are representing the USA, they should attend confession or stay in the pew.
Mar 21st 2013 new

--hide--

And today, Biden's office is publicizing the fact that both Biden and Pelosi received Communion.

Just to make it seem like Pope Francis approves of these two poor excuses for Catholics for the benefit of the 54% of Catholic voters who voted for Obummer and his royal clown, Biden.

Mar 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: And today, Biden's office is publicizing the fact that both Biden and Pelosi received...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

And today, Biden's office is publicizing the fact that both Biden and Pelosi received Communion.

Just to make it seem like Pope Francis approves of these two poor excuses for Catholics for the benefit of the 54% of Catholic voters who voted for Obummer and his royal clown, Biden.

--hide--

One day they will have to answer to God for the souls they lead astray. I was reading some of the things Pelosi has said in the past to Catholic groups and about abortion on LifeNews and it is beyond belief. She calls herself a devout Catholic crazy

Posts 1 - 10 of 27