Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

03/22/2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: Marian,Lots of great snowmobile stories. I feel sorry for anyone who has not had the fun of ...
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

Marian,

Lots of great snowmobile stories. I feel sorry for anyone who has not had the fun of going snowmobiling.

Asking a woman about her hobbies is a good thing.

I am a useless cook, I can barely keep myself alive. But the science of cooking and baking sounds very interesting. I have wondered about how people in history found out which things were edible and which where poisonous. Grog bring mother-in-law new plant to taste.

--hide--

You need a home cooked meal Turkey! ....for starters.

Also maybe the study of the science of cooking and baking
would make all of it interesting again.

How heating vegetables brings out their natural sugars for example...

Isn't it interesting to wonder who figured all of these things out about vegetables, poisonous plants etc? Who figured out that arrowroot could thicken a soup, for example?

It is sad to hear a guy say he can barely keep himself alive in the kitchen. Some woman near you or any one of us should cook some meals for the guys here.... Do you agree?

03/22/2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: You need a home cooked meal ....for starters. Also maybe the study of the science...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

You need a home cooked meal ....for starters.

Also maybe the study of the science of cooking and baking
would make all of it interesting again.

How heating vegetables brings out their natural sugars for example...

Isn't it interesting to wonder who figured all of these things out about vegetables, poisonous plants etc? Who figured out that arrowroot could thicken a soup, for example?

It is sad to hear a guy say he can barely keep himself alive in the kitchen. Some woman near you or any one of us should cook some meals for the guys here.... Do you agree?

--hide--

I enjoy cooking quite a bit, but I hate cooking for just me, that's no fun. So the only meal I cook is Family dinner on Sunday evenings. I especially miss cooking with someone, puttering around the kitchen, talking, tasting, laughing, bantering, tasting lol...

03/22/2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: I have wondered about how people in history found out which things were edible and which where poiso...
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

I have wondered about how people in history found out which things were edible and which where poisonous. Grog bring mother-in-law new plant to taste.

--hide--

I've always wondered, who looked a cow and said "Hey, lets squeeze these dangly bits and drink what comes out".

03/22/2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Zombie Killer whales. Zombie Narwhals!!!!!
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Zombie Killer whales. Zombie Narwhals!!!!!
--hide--

What are Narwhals?

03/22/2013 new

Narwhals = Sea Unicorn. Big creature like a walrus but with a long horn in its forehead. Unreal-looking.

03/22/2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Narwhals = Sea Unicorn. Big creature like a walrus but with a long horn in its forehead. Unreal-l...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Narwhals = Sea Unicorn. Big creature like a walrus but with a long horn in its forehead. Unreal-looking.

--hide--

But, oh so cool!!! :-)))

03/22/2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: I've always wondered, who looked a cow and said "Hey, lets squeeze these dangly...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

I've always wondered, who looked a cow and said "Hey, lets squeeze these dangly bits and drink what comes out".

--hide--
Cave men probably tested questionable plants on their enemies. "Hey Og, try a bite of this!"

03/22/2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: What are Narwhals?
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

What are Narwhals?

--hide--
Sorry, it's a kid's video but it explains them well:

video.nationalgeographic.com

03/22/2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: I enjoy cooking quite a bit, but I hate cooking for just me, that's no fun. So the ...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

I enjoy cooking quite a bit, but I hate cooking for just me, that's no fun. So the only meal I cook is Family dinner on Sunday evenings. I especially miss cooking with someone, puttering around the kitchen, talking, tasting, laughing, bantering, tasting lol...

--hide--

I totally agree with you, Lauren!

03/22/2013 new

Hey thanks you all. Never heard of them before. The link to National Geographic gave me a great idea of what to send my grandson for Easter!

Posts 101 - 110 of 112