Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: You missed one, Tom.Talk about the other women you're seeing.
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

You missed one, Tom.
Talk about the other women you're seeing.

--hide--

And if you really want to wow the ladies, talk about their age, the obviousness of their gray hairs and if they want a gym membership for valentines day instead of the traditional box of chocolates.

Mar 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Saw this is a giftshop in the mall recently: www.amazon.com.
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

Saw this is a giftshop in the mall recently:

www.amazon.com

--hide--

Imagine if your date read like that book! shocked

Mar 19th 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: I can be the quiet type a lot of the time, and on occasion I struggle for things to talk about when I mee...
(Quote) John-220051 said: I can be the quiet type a lot of the time, and on occasion I struggle for things to talk about when I meet women. Any suggestions for becoming a better conversationalist?

Part of my problem is that I'm a thinker. Most women I meet probably aren't. What are some ideas for helping me to broaden my conversation?
--hide--

Oh John, John, John :-). I as well am going to ignore the women not being thinkers part lol. Just for the record, I spend ninety percent of my time reading academic writing and knee deep in theory, sooooo anyway.

I have found when it clicks there are always things to talk about and the excitement fuels the mind with questions.

I have a male friend, we've been friends for thirty years or more and he is a bit shy. I send him emails all the time with three words -- applesauce or gravy, chocolate or strawberry, etc. . .gently probing, slightly silly and after about three, he starts embellishing his answers, then laughs and says how do you know how to do that? LOL doesn't matter, just do.

Ask about little things, what they like to do? Tell a story. Tell a joke. Talk about something you recently read that interested you or shocked you and ask them if they had read about it as well. Talk about you family and ask about theirs. Talk about what you do for a living and ask about theirs. I have noticed however gentlemen can talk and talk about their work, so no blow by blow description of your work day. And, admit you are a deep thinker, read heavy books and present them. You might be surprised what people know or don't know about a topic, and you might be surprised and have someone say to you, I am not familiar with the concept but explain it to me -- and then you can have most probably a pretty exciting conversation and share as well.

There are natural lulls in conversation, don't be distressed by them and think if there isn't constant conversation that something is wrong. Pauses can sometimes stretch several seconds and then it will pick back up again -- all natural. Sometimes it might be easier to do a double date, each of you bring a friend or something to take some of the pressure off. And, don't be afraid to tease and be teased --- playful banter is exceptionally enjoyable and relaxing and will eventually lead to deeper conversations.

Have a series or set of questions things you'd like to know and when you feel the conversation fading switch the topics.

Mar 19th 2013 new
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: I'm working on melee combat and bludgeoning weaponry. Guns have the problem of running out ...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

I'm working on melee combat and bludgeoning weaponry. Guns have the problem of running out of ammo, and as cool samurai swords and machetes are, you run the risk of the blade dulling, and it can't be easy to constantly swing at the power required to decapitate the undead menace.

Crowbars are my top choice. Their construction and material will give it a longer life, won't likely bend like a golf club or shatter like a wooden bat, ie. cricket or baseball bat. You also get the added bonus of having a tool for jimmying. The pointy end you can ram right through the zombie's eye socket as well as the option to go the traditional beating route.

--hide--

I'd rather baptize them through fire. A little gasoline and a match from above laughing

I'd rather keep my distance as far as possible. Shotgun for close range. Rifle for long range.

Melee combat, i'd rather use hedge trimmers since you can still keep somewhat of distance.

I'd stock up on MRE's until the real food goes bad. Optimal shelter would be a tall building with a green house on the roof.
Mar 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Andrew-560653 said: I'd rather baptize them through fire. A little gasoline and a match from above I...
(Quote) Andrew-560653 said:

I'd rather baptize them through fire. A little gasoline and a match from above

I'd rather keep my distance as far as possible. Shotgun for close range. Rifle for long range.

Melee combat, i'd rather use hedge trimmers since you can still keep somewhat of distance.

I'd stock up on MRE's until the real food goes bad. Optimal shelter would be a tall building with a green house on the roof.
--hide--

Problem with lightin' them up is if they're still mobile. A zombie coming for you is bad enough, but a zombie inferno coming at you and your weather board house, not a good look. Heh.

I'd really like me a sniper rifle for long range, but I'd perfer a cross bow for short/medium. Its silent, and I can retrieve ammo.

Tall buildings are good, my long term goal would be farm house with attic or top floor without stair access - only rope ladder or somethign that can be pulled up quickly. That way you have the advantage of being out in the country and with a more stable food source. Problems would be "swarms" and other survivors who eye up your bounty. Of course, depending on geography, you could get fair warning.

City wise, i'd want soemthing with a heavily fortified basement/underground car park or fallout shelter, in case the surviving govts. get the bright idea to airbrust five megatons.

Mar 19th 2013 new

Naomi, If I had a single Catholic brother I would introduce you. You made me laugh out loud and I admire your preparedness.

Mar 19th 2013 new

I agree ask questions and find out what they are interested in and current events is always a good topic. I am a talker and the guy I am dating is rather shy, but I find that we compliment each other. When you are truly comfortable with someone you don't have to talk all of the time.

Mar 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: a long, single life, to be exact.
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

a long, single life, to be exact.

--hide--

I'm well on my way, Ray!!

Mar 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: You missed one, Tom.Talk about the other women you're seeing.
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

You missed one, Tom.
Talk about the other women you're seeing.

--hide--

Darn! I knew I forgot one. irked

Mar 19th 2013 new

(Quote) ED-20630 said: Or all the things that were wrong with the last girl/boy friend. Ed
(Quote) ED-20630 said:

Or all the things that were wrong with the last girl/boy friend.

Ed

--hide--

Excellent, Ed. That reminds me of how to handle a job interview. Talk about why you hated your last boss/job!

Posts 41 - 50 of 112