Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Mar 18th 2013 new

Hey, you lived to tell the tale, what more do you want? hug

Mar 18th 2013 new
Well I seem to have surprised all of my friends that I went to the Bon Jovi concert over the weekend...not sure why everyone is so surprised. I enjoy listening to a variety of music & the concert was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Hey, you lived to tell the tale, what more do you want?
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Hey, you lived to tell the tale, what more do you want?

--hide--

Just don't tell anybody that by the time I got off the boat and into the water y'all were about ready to come back in.. laughing

Mar 18th 2013 new

Think of this as a measure of our relationships. It seems to me that in a marriage there needs to be a give and take. Sometimes the husband will suggest something to the wife, mostly, the wife will suggest something to the husband. A really good response to these suggestions is, "Yes Dear!" So, when your kids suggest something do you say ok? Once in awhile you should. Or your grandkids for those of us who have them. As single people it is easy to see how we can say "Yes Dear!" frequently if and when we were to get married. I was curious, in our single lives, how often do we say it.

Mar 18th 2013 new
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: I fired an employee last Friday. She suggested that I go somewhere.... I'm not going.
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

I fired an employee last Friday. She suggested that I go somewhere.... I'm not going.

--hide--
You are very funny Beverly...you could have gone somewhere that was hot and got a tan! HaHaHa!
Mar 18th 2013 new
(Quote) Lawrence-943343 said: Think of this as a measure of our relationships. It seems to me that in a marriage there needs to be a give ...
(Quote) Lawrence-943343 said:

Think of this as a measure of our relationships. It seems to me that in a marriage there needs to be a give and take. Sometimes the husband will suggest something to the wife, mostly, the wife will suggest something to the husband. A really good response to these suggestions is, "Yes Dear!" So, when your kids suggest something do you say ok? Once in awhile you should. Or your grandkids for those of us who have them. As single people it is easy to see how we can say "Yes Dear!" frequently if and when we were to get married. I was curious, in our single lives, how often do we say it.

--hide--

It is really important that both people in a dating/married relationship learns to communicate likes/dislikes. After all if you get married what then? You never get to choose how to spend your time? Communication is one of the keys to a good relationship....
Mar 18th 2013 new
(Quote) Lawrence-943343 said: When was the last time someone suggested you something that required you to do something different in your l...
(Quote) Lawrence-943343 said:

When was the last time someone suggested you something that required you to do something different in your life and you did it?

Could be really simple, like someone tells you about a new place to eat and you go try it. Could be really complex, like getting a divorce.

But you have to have done what they suggested. Could be anybody.

I am not asking what it was, just when.

For me, what comes to mind was about 3 years ago.

My friend Sue suggested she come over Saturday and have dinner with me. We did, it was her idea, but I guess that didn't count because it wasn't different enough. People come to my house all the time.

Could be God telling you.

I am just curious, how about you?

--hide--
Last year and it was a motorcycle ride. I would rather tons so steel, four wheels, and lots of windows but I might be convinced to try it again!
Mar 18th 2013 new

My brother Jim has the perfect wife.. About 18 years ago he and his wife bought 7 acres of land with a small pond on it. It is the most idyllic setting.. The first two years they lived in a two bedroom mobile home with two small kids while my brother hand built their beautiful home.. When they moved in all rooms were finished but their master bedroom, so they set up their room in the home office. Their room is still the home office. In the intervening years my brother has bought every tractor, yard implement, 4 wheeler, earth mover-arounder he can fit in he huge pole barn garage he has out back.. His garage has a brand new hydralic lift in it so my brother can work on his own equipment.. Jim is a steelworker so he's not doing paid car repairs in there.. He's a man with toys.. But his wife never has complained about not getting her finished master bedroom and after 30 years of marriage they are still all over each other.. They are my example of a great marriage. She knows he works hard at his job to provide for them and says 'Ehhh..Let him have his toys.' biggrin

In the first 35 years of his steelworker career he never took a vacation away from home.. Then my sister got married to her second husband who is a scuba diver.. They were taking a delayed honeymoon in February that year which happened to coincide with Jim and Peggy's 25th anniversary. So the 4 of them decided to take a combined trip to Grand Cayman.. Jim took diving lessons. Al said it was so interesting to watch Jim over the week because Jim wasn't used to not having something to do all the time, so he was a bundle of nervous energy all week. All of a sudden the last day Jim just kind of let down and was a vegetable all that day.. They now make this an annual trip. The guys dive and the women shop.. Perfect vacation.. Jim has finally learned how to relax!

Mar 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Lawrence-943343 said: I was curious, in our single lives, how often do we say it.
(Quote) Lawrence-943343 said: I was curious, in our single lives, how often do we say it.
--hide--

Sorry, Lawrence - we got off track. Okay, you said when, not what. Seriously, last July. It was a mistake. But that is not usually the case, I went against what I knew to be my better judgment.

Mar 19th 2013 new

Actually, over a number of years my son & daughter-in-law tried to convince me to move to California & in November, 2011, I finally did! The timing had to be right.

Now they're trying to convince me to drive on the freeway.

Posts 11 - 20 of 39