Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Sharon-885911 said:. I would not try the mountain oysters going to Aruba this summer,
(Quote) Sharon-885911 said:. I would not try the mountain oysters going to Aruba this summer,
--hide--

Hmmm, I really have not been and done much BUT- in MHO you are not missing anything,but do try oysters
with someone who really knows them(the shellfish) As to Aruba baby beach is recommended, and it ie very
easy, but was cloudy water. Teh natural aquaria have a bit too much current and the wrecks are not really
for beginners either- ifyou have a good size group try the pirate sailing cruise for snorkeling- but bring your
own drinks- the food was wonderful but I cannot stand those cheap alcohol beverages they serve. If you are
good with the internet there are Aruba based sites to hear where to eat and where to dive, I do not recall
seeing a snorkel discussion, but for experienced snorkellers the wreck by the lighthouse(no I am NOT going to
stay up any later googling the name) is fantastic on top. Well it was years ago when the family flew down
oover Christmas

Mar 31st 2013 new

In 2007 I went to see my son run a marathon in Chicago. I saw all kinds of bodies, shapes, sizes and ages, running...and I thought "I can do that!" When I met with my son I shared my excitement and he said "Ok!" It was not only the "ok" but the way he looked at me that I knew I had made a commitment, it became an expectation, no excuses. After learning more about what is required to run a marathon my feeling was "Just run a 5K, be able to say you've run a 5K and you can 'live happily ever after'...." My first 5K was in April of 08 and since then I've ran around 80 (or more, I've lost count) 5K's and 3 half marathons plus a few 8K's, and triathlons. All this because of that day I went to see my son run this marathon, I shared with him my excitement....and his attitude meant expectations were set.

Apr 1st 2013 new

Several years ago, my sister encouraged me to give piano lessons in my home to earn extra money and because I LOVE to play. I was very hesitant, at first, never doing anyting like that before. But, i took her advice and I'm so glad I did. I made many new friends, earned extra spending money and was able to pass along my love of music to dozens of students, young and old. It's amazing when I look back at home many lives have been touched in a positive way because of that decision. Thanks, Barb!

Apr 1st 2013 new

Very encouraging. I think if you are willing to try new things you have a chance at finding someone and falling in love. You wind up doing so many new things when you do that.

I am a grandfather, again. My daughters first. She is a wonderful mother and they are having the sort of experience every young couple should have. I told her that her life is no longer her own. She told me she was tired, Courtney is 2 days old. I told her she would be tired for the next 20 years. She said ok, that it is ok if it was hard.

Running is hard, teaching is hard. Loving someone can be hard. If it isn't hard, sometimes, you are not doing it right.

Very nice, grandchildren. I guess they make up for my hair getting thin.

Apr 1st 2013 new

Last year I ran into an older guy I used to see at a Catholic singles group---at my parish fish fry---during lent. Jim told me about this swing dance group that moved to a place very close to where I live---every Tuesday they had dance lessons and a dance after. He said I should give it a try---he thought I might enjoy it and might get to know some guys there. He said it was a fun place. I took his suggestion about 4 months later---last July---and love it!! I never dreamed I'd be going every week--but I am! I like it! There are hundreds of people there. I am slowly but surely learning to swing dance!!! And meeting new people!

Apr 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: I fired an employee last Friday. She suggested that I go somewhere.... I'm not going. <...
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

I fired an employee last Friday. She suggested that I go somewhere.... I'm not going.

--hide--

Sounds like she wanted to fight fire with fire ....

Apr 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Lawrence-943343 said: Very encouraging. I think if you are willing to try new things you have a chance at finding so...
(Quote) Lawrence-943343 said:

Very encouraging. I think if you are willing to try new things you have a chance at finding someone and falling in love. You wind up doing so many new things when you do that.

I am a grandfather, again. My daughters first. She is a wonderful mother and they are having the sort of experience every young couple should have. I told her that her life is no longer her own. She told me she was tired, Courtney is 2 days old. I told her she would be tired for the next 20 years. She said ok, that it is ok if it was hard.

Running is hard, teaching is hard. Loving someone can be hard. If it isn't hard, sometimes, you are not doing it right.

Very nice, grandchildren. I guess they make up for my hair getting thin.

--hide--

clap Yay Larry!! The more grandkids the merrier.. I have 9.. My kids all say they are done!

Apr 3rd 2013 new
LOL! That was a good one Beverly!
Apr 3rd 2013 new

You are lucky. I don't know if I will make it to 9. I've got 4 now.

Posts 31 - 39 of 39