Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

The Tax Man Cometh

Mar 18th 2013 new

What do you pay for sales tax?

(If you live outside the US, please indicate whether you pay VAT.)

Mar 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: What do you pay for sales tax?(If you live outside the US, please indicate whether you pa...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

--hide--
8% for me in rural California, but I think it's more like 10% in the SF Bay Area because of BART (rapid transit).

Mar 18th 2013 new

6%, which I'm still not used to even though the change from 4% was almost 20 years ago!

Mar 18th 2013 new

5.5% ... last time I checked, who knows it could have changed.

Mar 18th 2013 new

It's 8.25%.....youtu.be However, we are one of a very few states who DON'T file state income tax~

Mar 18th 2013 new

The Minnesota state sales tax rate is currently 6.875%. Depending on local municipalities, the total tax rate can be as high as 7.875%.

We get robbed up here weeping

Mar 18th 2013 new

In Arkansas, and in my county, it is almost 9% now on most goods; however, in my business and for the products I sell, it ranges from 13.75% to 10.3%. I pay a HUGE sales tax bill every month.

Mar 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: What do you pay for sales tax?(If you live outside the US, please indicate whether you pa...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

--hide--

no sales tax here(its not allowed! laughing )
we are fortunate

Mar 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Cathy-564420 said: The Minnesota state sales tax rate is currently 6.875%. Depending on local municipalities, the to...
(Quote) Cathy-564420 said:

The Minnesota state sales tax rate is currently 6.875%. Depending on local municipalities, the total tax rate can be as high as 7.875%.

We get robbed up here

--hide--

Amen! Not to mention the property taxes and the income tax.

Dayton tried to put a sales tax on clothes, that failed, but I hear he is going to tax cold and snow next winter. wide eyed

Posts 1 - 9 of 9