Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Mar 22nd 2013 new

If you decide on Bloomington Ozark House is an excellent place to eat. They have a web site.

Mar 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Sharon-885911 said: If you decide on Bloomington Ozark House is an excellent place to eat. They have a web site....
(Quote) Sharon-885911 said:

If you decide on Bloomington Ozark House is an excellent place to eat. They have a web site.

--hide--
Thanks for the recommendation, Sharon....actually, I think my dad used to take the family there on occasion when I was younger. My dad grew up in Bloomington so we went back there often. Are you going to join us, Sharon? We look forward to meeting all of our fellow Cm'ers that want to join in the fun and fellowship. wave beer mischievous laughing Coffee heart

Mar 23rd 2013 new

I was downtown BMI last night for an indoor football game and there is NOTHING around there except bars!

Mar 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Heather-705104 said: I was downtown BMI last night for an indoor football game and there is NOTHING around there exc...
(Quote) Heather-705104 said:

I was downtown BMI last night for an indoor football game and there is NOTHING around there except bars!

--hide--
That's okay...It doesn't need to be near the church, Heather...we can drive out towards Veteran's Parkway...or we might go to another city/town for Mass and dinner...doesn't necessarily have to be Bloomington...none of the people that have posted so far are from Bloomington. We can finalize when it gets closer to the date. Right now we just need people to step-up/step out of their comfort zone and join us...also need suggestions...specific suggestions of people's preference for town to meet and also suggest names of restaurants they like or would like to try.

Hope we can get some more people commenting in here....CM gatherings are always fun! biggrin

Mar 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Lucy-41785 said: (Quote) Helen-407474 said: Okay, so your preference is Bloomingt...
(Quote) Lucy-41785 said:

Quote:
Helen-407474 said:

Okay, so your preference is Bloomington as opposed to Springfield? Yes, I recall there is not much around Holy Trinity but it is a nice old church and they have a Saturday evening Mass....I thought Lucy posted a link to the parish??? Thanks for your suggestions, Heather....I hope we hear from some more folks (hint hint). I think we can be open to any central Illinois town that has a restaurant and a Mass on the 6th (Saturday).

Perhaps I posted a link in a private e-mail to you, Helen. Regardless, here is one now:

www.holytrinitybloomington.org

(I just use trusty old http://www.masstimes.org!)

It doesn't matter to me for a location. Have car, can travel - especially once nicer weather has arrived! And, uh, I'm not too picky about food, either.

--hide--
Yes, I think you did message me that information, Lucy....thanks for posting it in here, though. Appreciate your being flexible on where we meet-up. I'm hoping more people will weigh in here....Don't be shy - CM gatherings are a great time to make new friends and enjoy good company! Let's here from more of you central Illinoisans (and others are welcome...no distance requirements). wink

Mar 24th 2013 new
I don't know how else we an get it out there....
Mar 24th 2013 new

Easy peasy, Heather. Send out a few emotigrams or messages a day to guys AND gals inviting them to look at this thread and room and join us. You can also invite a single Catholic or two in your area to ride with you to join. If you see anyone in the forums from the surrounding area, invite them. It's one evening sharing faith and fellowship. And food! (Can't forget the FOOD!) discoball

Mar 24th 2013 new

Ozark house looks yummy!

Problem is that a lot of people on here aren't subscribers. Hard telling....

Mar 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Heather-705104 said: Ozark house looks yummy! Problem is that a lot of people on here aren't subscribers....
(Quote) Heather-705104 said:

Ozark house looks yummy!

Problem is that a lot of people on here aren't subscribers. Hard telling....

--hide--
Well, I sent out around a hundred for the New Year's Get-Together and finally stopped....some people paid members did express interest but they had already made other plans. You never know who might be willing to join in the fun. I will send out a few this time to people who contacted me previously about the New Year's gathering but you certainly can as well. It takes time. The CM Indy crew started out that way and now have terrific gatherings...some big events and some smaller....Lots of fun!!

Mar 25th 2013 new

Helen, it would be nice to meet some new people from the area, but that is my weekend to work.

Posts 11 - 20 of 35