Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Mar 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Susan-940526 said: God bless you Mick!! I will ccommit to praying this.
(Quote) Susan-940526 said:

God bless you Mick!! I will ccommit to praying this.

--hide--

biggrin

Mar 29th 2013 new

Happy Good Friday

Today is the day to start the Novena to the divine Mercy.

God Bless,

Mick

Mar 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Mick-929473 said: Happy Good Friday Today is the day to start the Novena to the divine Mercy. ...
(Quote) Mick-929473 said:

Happy Good Friday

God Bless,

Mick

--hide--
Thank you Mick. I've got it photocopied and ready to go....but (not to sound ignorant. ..I'm still new in my return to the faith) what is a chaplet? I'm going to look it up online. I got a great picture/outline Wed on how to pray the rosary and am successfully doing that!

Praise Jesus and God bless you.

Mar 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Mick-929473 said: Happy Good Friday Today is the day to start the Novena to the divine Mercy. ...

Happy Good Friday

God Bless,

Mick

--hide--
Thank you Mick. I've got it photocopied and ready to go....but (not to sound ignorant. ..I'm still new in my return to the faith) what is a chaplet? I'm going to look it up online. I got a great picture/outline Wed on how to pray the rosary and am successfully doing that!

Mar 29th 2013 new

embarassed Oops! Sorry hit post twice!!

Mar 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Susan-940526 said: (Quote) Mick-929473 said: Happy Good Friday Today is the day to...

Quote:
Mick-929473 said:

Happy Good Friday

God Bless,

Mick

--hide--

If you don't understand it is good that you asked... the Chaplet of the Divine Mercy or simply the Chaplet is a prayer. It can be prayed any day anytime.

How to pray the chaplet is in the original post. It is prayed on the Rosary beads but other prayers are said on each of the beads instead of what is normally prayed on each of the beads for the Rosary.

Today, however, starts the "Novena of Chaplets" and starting today (Good Friday) and for the next nine days ending on Divine Mercy Sunday follow the instructions in the original post.

The Sunday after Easter is officially called Divine Mercy Sunday as of the year 2000 when Pope John-Paul II institutionalized this Chaplet and the Novena of Chaplets (and other revelations given to St. Faustina - see this link: www.ewtn.com )

Mick

Mar 29th 2013 new

Here is a link to a diagaram that shows what to pray on each of the beads when praying the Chaplet.

www.ewtn.com

Here is a uTube link:

www.youtube.com

Mar 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Mick-929473 said: Here is a link to a diagaram that shows what to pray on each of the beads when praying the Chaplet...

Here is a link to a diagaram that shows what to pray on each of the beads when praying the Chaplet.

www.ewtn.com

Here is a uTube link:

www.youtube.com

--hide--
Thanks Mick. The diagram really helped. I'm a visual person. Thanks for your guidance and dedication! Blessings

Mar 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Susan-940526 said: (Quote) Mick-929473 said: Here is a link to a diagaram that shows what to ...

Quote:
Mick-929473 said:

www.ewtn.com

Here is a uTube link:

www.youtube.com

Thanks Mick. The diagram really helped. I'm a visual person. Thanks for your guidance and dedication! Blessings

--hide--

Thank you, God bless u.

Mar 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Mick-929473 said: (Quote) Susan-940526 said: (Quote) Mick-929473 said:

Quote:
Susan-940526 said:

Quote:
Mick-929473 said:

www.ewtn.com

Here is a uTube link:

www.youtube.com

Thank you, God bless u.

--hide--

You can pray for any intention when praying the Novena and if it is within His Will He will answer it.

This is my intention and I ask all to include it in their intentions...

The official consecration of Russia by the Pope and all the Bishops precisely in accordance with the wishes of Our Lady of Fatima. That Jesus will send the Grace to the Pope and the Bishops that they individually need the most. All God's creatures remember we are completely dependent on the Triune God; OBEY and TRUST in Him to bring about Peace and not to take a humanistic view. All God's creatures remember we are completely dependent on the Triune God and remember this in our thoughts in our words in what we do and fail to do. Also include...
That the Pope and all the Bishops receive the Grace of Jesus' confidence during this spiritual battle. That the Holy Spirit sends them the gift of the Virtue of Courage. That the Pope and Bishops and all Christians remember that the Triune God is Almighty and will shatter His enemies at His feet. That the Pope and the Bishops and all Christians speak with constructive confidence and not fear to offend in this spiritual battle against the "powers and principalities of this current darkness".

IT GIVES JESUS GLORY TO ASK FOR THESE INTENTIONS.

In the Old Testament, God's commands are expected to be followed precisely (as are Catholic rituals). In the New Testament we are to "obey every word that proceeds from the Father." When Russia was attempted to be consecrated last time it was not accomplished precisely enough. See link to "Apocalyptic Warning - Heaven's Key to Peace" on YouTube...

www.youtube.com

Keep in mind when watching the video...

Jesus sometimes offended those who He spoke to but it was because they did not have faith. God loves it when we speak with "great confidence" according to Jesus in St. Faustina's Diary. We are not politicians but Spiritual leaders. We must speak with precision what Our Lady of Fatima requested and whenever we teach Catholic Dogma. More is given to us and more is expected of us. If we do not do Jesus' Will, Jesus must do it on His own. But also... The powers of the Russian state officially made Russia an atheist nation. It is this threat not the treat of communism we need to pray for. What also happened during the sixties was an increase of sin in the form of free love (fornication) not problems cause by Vatican II (be obedient to the Church. Jesus will not bring us to shame).

MORE IS GIVEN TO US, MORE IS EXPECTED OF US AND WE MUST BE THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD AND DEFEAT EVIL BY PRAYER.

Mick

Posts 11 - 20 of 24