Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I didn't watch a single episode of the just finished season of The Bachelor. But ...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

I didn't watch a single episode of the just finished season of The Bachelor. But what I know of it, he refused the chance to sleep with women on the show because he is committed to chastity and waiting til marriage.. Is there a problem with that?

--hide--

How do you feel about the lustful actions throughout the shows and the horrible language in the Kardashian's show, I wonder?
This is CM, not the Gong Show.

Mar 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I didn't watch a single episode of the just finished season of The Bachelor. But what I know of it, h...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I didn't watch a single episode of the just finished season of The Bachelor. But what I know of it, he refused the chance to sleep with women on the show because he is committed to chastity and waiting til marriage.. Is there a problem with that?
--hide--

Okay. I will probably get in trouble. I've never seen anything about the Kardashians, and I wouldn't care. Saw one thread where a nice young gentleman posted in threads about Batchelor standing up for no sex before marriage, and I thought that was a good thought. Saw it next day in whatever rag comes out weekly at the local grocery store. Great. So what. Do those people really have any influence at all over one's moral and Catholic values? Really? Just asking.

Mar 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-341178 said: Why does this bother you so much?
(Quote) Patrick-341178 said:

Why does this bother you so much?

--hide--

You are kidding me, right?

Mar 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Jeannie-822585 said: How do you feel about the lustful actions throughout the shows and the horrible lan...
(Quote) Jeannie-822585 said:

How do you feel about the lustful actions throughout the shows and the horrible language in the Kardashian's show, I wonder?
This is CM, not the Gong Show.

--hide--

Do you watch The Kardashians? I couldn't say anything about their language or lustful actions because I've never seen a single episode.. If I commented on it it would be hearsay because I've never seen it.

Mar 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Do you watch The Kardashians? I couldn't say anything about their language or lus...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Do you watch The Kardashians? I couldn't say anything about their language or lustful actions because I've never seen a single episode.. If I commented on it it would be hearsay because I've never seen it.

--hide--

I'm a teacher and hear the students speak all the time about these shows in a positive light. All you have to do is be watching an acceptable TV program and the commercials on these shows come on. They make you wish that your nieces and newphews weren't exposed to this garbage so to find it a repeated theme posted in a positive light in a newly created blog absolutely makes me wonder why CM allows it on this site. Underneath the blog are people that feel the same way I do. Why does CM allow the premise of thse TV shows to be a used in a positive light in a blog?

Mar 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: Okay. I will probably get in trouble. I've never seen anything about the Kardashian...
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

Okay. I will probably get in trouble. I've never seen anything about the Kardashians, and I wouldn't care. Saw one thread where a nice young gentleman posted in threads about Batchelor standing up for no sex before marriage, and I thought that was a good thought. Saw it next day in whatever rag comes out weekly at the local grocery store. Great. So what. Do those people really have any influence at all over one's moral and Catholic values? Really? Just asking.

--hide--

thanks that was me

Mar 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Jeannie-822585 said: You are kidding me, right?
(Quote) Jeannie-822585 said:

You are kidding me, right?

--hide--

No.

Mar 19th 2013 new

Honestly, why any Catholic would watch filth like The Bachelor is beyond me. Its a bunch of desperate, ignorant strumpets* throwing themselves over some pig of a man who must feel like a kid in a candy store. The token "virgin" is just there to appease all us prudes. No wonder marriage is under such attacks when bull leavings like this is held up as some kind of "entertainment". It demeans marriage. It demeans the persons involved. And it lowers the dignity and morality of those silly enough to watch this garbage.

The Kardashians*, well, seesh, the less said about those sorry women the better.

*whom Jesus loves.

Mar 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Katarina-331534 said: I dont have TV, so maybe that is why I dont know what these are....?
(Quote) Katarina-331534 said:

I dont have TV, so maybe that is why I dont know what these are....?

--hide--

Consider yourself lucky. VERY lucky!

Mar 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-341178 said: thanks that was me
(Quote) Patrick-341178 said: thanks that was me
--hide--

I know it was, Patrick. But we are not supposed to name people. I got the gist of your thread and didn't see it as seeking approval of anyone to live like the "Batchelor."

Posts 11 - 20 of 109