Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Tiffiany-902101 said: She's referring to the blog articles that come out once a week or so. I ...
(Quote) Tiffiany-902101 said:

She's referring to the blog articles that come out once a week or so. I agree with her; I'm tired of hearing about the Kardashian's and the Bachelor and Bachelorette. I feel like since this is a Catholic dating website that, hopefully, most of the people on this website are highly unlike the Kardashians' and those on shows like the Bachelor and Bachelorette in that we have higher standards for dating in our lives and don't sleep around with every person that comes along.

--hide--

Wonder why they call them the KarTRASHians. Just the way they speak to their mother is appalling. I'm not saying Kris Jenner is oh high moral standards, but all the f bombs being thrown around is just ridiculous. I would never dream of saying that around my mom, much less to her face like Shut the F up or You're an F-ing _____. I'm around their age groups, and I wonder if they were raised like this. Of course, knowing that the mom brought Kim Kardashian to the obgyn to get on the pill at age 14 so she could become sexually active is a whole other story.

Mar 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-25961 said: Also we must always be an example of what the Catholic church is and stands for - Allowing ...
(Quote) Mary-25961 said:

Also we must always be an example of what the Catholic church is and stands for - Allowing blogs such as these gives mix messages. We can hide under the umbrella of choice but they also have a choice whether these blogs exists. It is like TV whether they holler you can turn the button to off but at the same time, it should be there in the first place

--hide--

"should" be 'shouldn't'

Mar 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: (Quote) Bernard-2709 said: There is a block on messaging when there is a ce...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

Quote:
Bernard-2709 said:

There is a block on messaging when there is a certain age difference? When did that start,and whats the gap??

It's so I don't get your messages anymore, Old Man. kidding!

--hide--
So that's what happened! mischievous laughing

Mar 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: So that's what happened!
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

So that's what happened!

--hide--

laughing pretty much!

Mar 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: There is a block on messaging when there is a certain age difference? When did that start,and wha...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

There is a block on messaging when there is a certain age difference? When did that start,and whats the gap??

--hide--

It seems to be about 20 years gap.. And it kicks in when you have sent multiple messages to the same person or messages to many people under that age gap that are not replied to. The system 'assumes' that you are targeting much younger members.

Mar 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Wonder why they call them the KarTRASHians. Just the way they speak to their mother i...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

Wonder why they call them the KarTRASHians. Just the way they speak to their mother is appalling. I'm not saying Kris Jenner is oh high moral standards, but all the f bombs being thrown around is just ridiculous. I would never dream of saying that around my mom, much less to her face like Shut the F up or You're an F-ing _____. I'm around their age groups, and I wonder if they were raised like this. Of course, knowing that the mom brought Kim Kardashian to the obgyn to get on the pill at age 14 so she could become sexually active is a whole other story.

--hide--

So that's why I don't blend in with the rest of society! my upbringing was lacking!!!I mean my mom never took me to get on the pill! eyepopping JK. wink

I think CM bloggers should be able to post about whatever they like. We are a dynamic group of adults here (at least I hope we are adults) and no topics should really be taboo. Most of us are living in the world and come into brutal contact with society and all it's "diversions" every day in some manner, and it is nice to get a Catholic commentary on these things. I don't read certain articles about things that don't affect me, and I would hope that others would have the courtesy to do likewise instead of attacking people for their commentary on the world around us. We need to remember that we are different people from different backgrounds, different personalities, different tastes and certain topics appeal to other folks. Just don't read the Kardashian stuff and the Bachelor stuff. I don't. smile

The blogs are for the writing of articles that should stir discussion. They shouldn't be sermons or about such banal stuff as how many annuals vs perennials one ought to plant in the Southeast this growing season. We need articles that arouse a response! Thanks, bloggers, for all your hard work!!! clap Bow

Mar 26th 2013 new

The interesting thing is that despite all the "uproar" over all of these bad blog posts not a single one of them was promoting, praising or encouraging anyone to watch these television shows. In fact it was just the opposite each reference was critical or was simply of a cultural reference of our day. What also is lost that of the thousands of blog posts which are intended to promote the values of the Church we are talking about literally about less than a handful of posts withing those thousands. It's interesting that rarely is the a mention of all the good stuff that is posted on the blog. You put 10 faithful Catholics in a rooms and I am sure there will be disagreement about what TV shows and movies or good to watch. I am also sure that in every diocese newpaper, website etc their is at times disagreement about what subjects to write on and how to write about them. Unfortuantly this is just one more result of original sin.

Mar 27th 2013 new
Whatever happend to that Virgin Bachelor
Mar 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Jaime-556629 said: Whatever happend to that Virgin Bachelor
(Quote) Jaime-556629 said: Whatever happend to that Virgin Bachelor
--hide--

He is getting married soon and on Television, if the engagement stays on track. He is dancing on Dancing with the Stars on Monday nights right now.

Posts 101 - 109 of 109