Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Jeannie-822585 said: Why does CM allow the premise of thse TV shows to be a used in a positive light in a blog?
(Quote) Jeannie-822585 said: Why does CM allow the premise of thse TV shows to be a used in a positive light in a blog?
--hide--

I did a CM blog search for "Kardashians" a few minutes ago and two blogs came up, neither of which was complementary to the show or to the actions of one or more of the gals on the show.

Kids watch a lot of stuff that isn't fit for human consumption on TV these days, and some parents will monitor that and some won't. It's your opportunity as a teacher, if it comes up in your classroom, to tell them how you feel about it. I think teachers are huge influences in childrens' lives. If given the opportunity, voice your opinion about how that kind of conduct affects society overall. I personally have not seen what you are describing as a CM approval of the morals advanced (or not advanced) on either show.

Mar 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Katarina-331534 said: I dont have TV, so maybe that is why I dont know what these are....?
(Quote) Katarina-331534 said:

I dont have TV, so maybe that is why I dont know what these are....?

--hide--
You're better off not knowing......

Mar 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I didn't watch a single episode of the just finished season of The Bachelor. But ...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

I didn't watch a single episode of the just finished season of The Bachelor. But what I know of it, he refused the chance to sleep with women on the show because he is committed to chastity and waiting til marriage.. Is there a problem with that?

--hide--
Must be a new twist to the show. I don't watch it so I can't comment firsthand.

Mar 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: Honestly, why any Catholic would watch filth like The Bachelor is beyond me. Its a bunch of despe...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

Honestly, why any Catholic would watch filth like The Bachelor is beyond me. Its a bunch of desperate, ignorant strumpets* throwing themselves over some pig of a man who must feel like a kid in a candy store. The token "virgin" is just there to appease all us prudes. No wonder marriage is under such attacks when bull leavings like this is held up as some kind of "entertainment". It demeans marriage. It demeans the persons involved. And it lowers the dignity and morality of those silly enough to watch this garbage.

The Kardashians*, well, seesh, the less said about those sorry women the better.

*whom Jesus loves.

--hide--

tell me how you really feel?? LOL

Mar 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: I know it was, Patrick. But we are not supposed to name people. I got the gist of y...
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

I know it was, Patrick. But we are not supposed to name people. I got the gist of your thread and didn't see it as seeking approval of anyone to live like the "Batchelor."

--hide--

appreciate it, Beverly!!!

Mar 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-341178 said: tell me how you really feel?? LOL
(Quote) Patrick-341178 said:

tell me how you really feel?? LOL

--hide--

If I were to verily scribe upon ye here interwebs, the intermost musings of my soul combined with such a God given mind illiciting the required request pertaining to the aforementioned television programmes, I would hencefourth use semantics which would offend many thusly. I, whereupon glancing forward towards mine future, would hence seeth a interweb version of ye ole stocks. Woe, for I would be cast out from here, like a dirty goat, scaped for the sins of all!

Woe, I say to thee, so many ears upon this site, so many eyes would push fourth tears, lamentations of great noise, if I were to express in clear term, my feelings of such a cesspool's runnings!

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Katarina-331534 said: I dont have TV, so maybe that is why I dont know what these are....?
(Quote) Katarina-331534 said:

I dont have TV, so maybe that is why I dont know what these are....?

--hide--
Smart woman! Stallin said if "I owned Hollywood,I could control the World"! TV is a waste of time.

Now if I can just get off the Internet! ashamed

Mar 20th 2013 new

Naomi,

Your posts are always interesting to read. Perhaps you are an English major, or perhaps it is just that New Zealand influence. Also, I suspect that you may have grown up on a farm (as I did). Anyway, some of your phrases make me either laugh or else send me to my on-line dictionary....

Your latest >>> "strumpets" I had to look up this word... Never heard it before. I learned something today.

And >>> "bull leavings" A definite farm influence. laughing

Ed

Mar 20th 2013 new

Curious, if you are so against this, then why are you drawing attention to it?

Mar 20th 2013 new

Michelle,

You're asking me? I don't understand what you're talking about.... Drawing attention to what? I was merely making a comment on Naomi's writing style (which I find amusing and interesting to read).

Ed

Posts 21 - 30 of 109