Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Michelle-443439 said: Curious, if you are so against this, then why are you drawing attention to it?
(Quote) Michelle-443439 said:

Curious, if you are so against this, then why are you drawing attention to it?

--hide--

The thread is just begging people to check out the blogs and Google the shows. wink

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) ED-20630 said: Michelle, You're asking me? I don't understand what you're talking about.... D...
(Quote) ED-20630 said:

Michelle,

You're asking me? I don't understand what you're talking about.... Drawing attention to what? I was merely making a comment on Naomi's writing style (which I find amusing and interesting to read).

Ed

--hide--

I think she's talking to the OP ED..

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Must be a new twist to the show. I don't watch it so I can't comment firsthand.
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Must be a new twist to the show. I don't watch it so I can't comment firsthand.

--hide--

The way I understand it the producers were pretty taken aback when he told them.. Sex sells and they didn't know how chastity was going to go over.

Mar 20th 2013 new

I don't think the purpose of CM is to censor anybody. I don't watch the shows, but we are all adults here. CM shouldn't be censoring every mention of shows like this or other "cultural" aspects of today's society, whether good or bad, unless they are posted with malicious intent, especially against the Church or CM users. Perhaps these are just my thoughts though, but I didn't join this site to be babysat. Also, there are a lot of very faithful and practicing Catholics that watch these shows. I'm not saying whether that is right or wrong, but by the sound of some people on this thread, you might think we'd be starting up a witch hunt for anyone who watches or mentions these shows...

Mar 20th 2013 new

clap clap clap

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Noemi-900477 said: I don't think the purpose of CM is to censor anybody. I don't watch the shows, but we are...
(Quote) Noemi-900477 said:

I don't think the purpose of CM is to censor anybody. I don't watch the shows, but we are all adults here. CM shouldn't be censoring every mention of shows like this or other "cultural" aspects of today's society, whether good or bad, unless they are posted with malicious intent, especially against the Church or CM users. Perhaps these are just my thoughts though, but I didn't join this site to be babysat. Also, there are a lot of very faithful and practicing Catholics that watch these shows. I'm not saying whether that is right or wrong, but by the sound of some people on this thread, you might think we'd be starting up a witch hunt for anyone who watches or mentions these shows...

--hide--

Thank you Noemi! I was going to say something similar about all of us being grown ups here and able to discern what we watch, but I risk getting 'hate mail' when I take such a stand.. Thanks for saying it for me..

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Thank you Noemi! I was going to say something similar about all of us being grown ups...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Thank you Noemi! I was going to say something similar about all of us being grown ups here and able to discern what we watch, but I risk getting 'hate mail' when I take such a stand.. Thanks for saying it for me..

--hide--

No problem, Donna. My pleasure, if fact. laughing I know there's a chance I'll get hate mail, but I take it with a grain of salt and nothing against me personally.

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Funny... I thought Jesus loves and forgives everybody..

Funny... I thought Jesus loves and forgives everybody..

--hide--

Sorry, Donna, but again, you are posting your own thoughts or beliefs but they are not Catholic teaching.
Jesus only forgives those who truly repent -- many, many sinners continue to sin, never seeking repentence, and never getting forgiven by God.

1 John 1:9

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
Acts 3:19 Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord,

Mar 20th 2013 new

If you do not like the blog about the Kardashions and The Bachelor don't read them.

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I didn't watch a single episode of the just finished season of The Bachelor. But what I know o...

I didn't watch a single episode of the just finished season of The Bachelor. But what I know of it, he refused the chance to sleep with women on the show because he is committed to chastity and waiting til marriage.. Is there a problem with that?

--hide--

Others have mentioned the morality aspect so I will not rehash that. Another problem with these blog entries is that they are lazy, lowest common denominator pieces about fantasy shows and celebrities that are virtually irrelevant to Catholic dating. There are too many people who live in fantasy worlds with unrealistic expectations, which is one of the reasons why it is difficult for people to connect. Encouraging this fantasy mentality is damaging and counterproductive. At the very least CM blog entries should do no harm.

Posts 41 - 50 of 109