Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 20th 2013 new
But I like the opinion of Jesus! :)
Mar 20th 2013 new

I hadn't seen anything about the Kardashians or the Bachelor/Bachelorette, but then I realized I've never looked at the blog. :-(

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: There I go again, having an opinion.. Just to give you a little heads up here.. I am
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

There I go again, having an opinion.. Just to give you a little heads up here.. I am always posting my own opinion.. I have never claimed to be any kind of authority on anything around here.. I'll leave that to Jerry and you too if that's what you wish.. You've got a lot of spare time on your hands if you're following me around waiting for me to make some kind of mistake on church teaching.. I'll keep you busy all day with that one..

--hide--

Since you are a moderator on a Catholic website, it would seem appropriate for you to quit throwing your words out without knowing whether what you are saying is correct according to Catholic beliefs or not. And I'm not following you around -- but do feel that on here, if a moderator is posting incorrect doctrine, it should be corrected.

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: Honestly, why any Catholic would watch filth like The Bachelor is beyond me. Its a bunch of despe...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

Honestly, why any Catholic would watch filth like The Bachelor is beyond me. Its a bunch of desperate, ignorant strumpets* throwing themselves over some pig of a man who must feel like a kid in a candy store. The token "virgin" is just there to appease all us prudes. No wonder marriage is under such attacks when bull leavings like this is held up as some kind of "entertainment". It demeans marriage. It demeans the persons involved. And it lowers the dignity and morality of those silly enough to watch this garbage.

The Kardashians*, well, seesh, the less said about those sorry women the better.

*whom Jesus loves.

--hide--

Naomi,

This is slightly off topic, but you mentioned New Zealand makes tax payers pay for abortions and birth control and that your country has the most sleezy women according to some poll. I was wondering if your country has a problem with slave trade. I've heard recently that more people are sold into slavery now than EVER in history. The sex trade is I guess is the culprit. I was shocked though I've heard it before in regards to poor countries where they are taken and then sold in countries like yours. I just think it is incredibly, incredibly sad and sickening.

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: Since you are a moderator on a Catholic website, it would seem appropriate for you ...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

Since you are a moderator on a Catholic website, it would seem appropriate for you to quit throwing your words out without knowing whether what you are saying is correct according to Catholic beliefs or not. And I'm not following you around -- but do feel that on here, if a moderator is posting incorrect doctrine, it should be corrected.

--hide--
Actually, we have one new moderator who isn't even a 7/7 on church teaching. This bothers me, but I didn't say anything as I guess that isn't a moderators purpose. Their purpose is more to see that people aren't being nasty to each other. I think Donna has always been fair regarding this point.

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-872788 said: I just expect more from a CM blog.
(Quote) Patrick-872788 said:

I just expect more from a CM blog.

--hide--

When I first read the original poster, this is what I took away (they were expecting more) and I could understand where they were coming from. I'm not worried/concerned that the CM blog references these shows at times, and I don't think we need to censor cultural references out of posts, etc. I think on some level these references can help us see what love/relationships are NOT supposed to be. It can be helpful to define something by what it is not: Patience is not losing our cool, not rushing ahead, and not giving up. But at some point I'd rather dive in to what something is: Patience is calming our restless spirits in prayer, walking in pace with God, and trusting God is with us despite a seeming absence of action. With some of the blog posts, maybe they could dive deeper into what love is, not just explore in our culture the ways it is distorted.

Mar 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Actually, we have one new moderator who isn't even a 7/7 on church teaching. This bothers me...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

Actually, we have one new moderator who isn't even a 7/7 on church teaching. This bothers me, but I didn't say anything as I guess that isn't a moderators purpose. Their purpose is more to see that people aren't being nasty to each other. I think Donna has always been fair regarding this point.

--hide--

This is true, moderators are not apologists on the site - so their posts do not carry any more "weight" as far as Church teaching goes than the posts of any other member. They post their opinion just like all of us.

Mar 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Naomi, This is slightly off topic, but you mentioned New Zealand makes tax payer...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

Naomi,

This is slightly off topic, but you mentioned New Zealand makes tax payers pay for abortions and birth control and that your country has the most sleezy women according to some poll. I was wondering if your country has a problem with slave trade. I've heard recently that more people are sold into slavery now than EVER in history. The sex trade is I guess is the culprit. I was shocked though I've heard it before in regards to poor countries where they are taken and then sold in countries like yours. I just think it is incredibly, incredibly sad and sickening.

--hide--

Well, from what I've heard its gotten worse since they legalised prostitutition. I've seen a few news stories about particuarly foreign women coming in and being blackmailed and abused by men, kept away from support services et al.

There doesn't seem to be much spoken of it, if it is happening - which dollars to doughnuts I bet it is.

Mar 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Well, actually, I'm the next "bachelorette," and I'm bringing copies of Theology of the...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Well, actually, I'm the next "bachelorette," and I'm bringing copies of Theology of the Body for all of my suitors. The man who attends the most hours of Mass and adoration "wins"! Stay posted for show times. :)
--hide--

Yay, finally the Catholic version of the show! clap

I haven't seen the Bachelor the last few seasons, but I've seen the show in the past many times. It's just a TV show, not a life instructional video. The Bachelor/ette is probably the worst possible way to meet someone if you want the relationship to work out - even for the secular folk. But it's fun to watch anyway. I like the Sister Wives too - does that mean I embrace polygamy? It's just for entertainment. wave

Mar 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: Since you are a moderator on a Catholic website, it would seem appropriate for you ...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

--hide--

All this because I said Jesus forgives? wide eyed I am no theologian, never claimed to be.. When I took this assignment all I was asked to do is post like I normally do.. And you don't have any knowledge of what my role really is so I'll ignore your attempt to define it for me.. Buh..Bye.. This is my last reply to you..

Posts 61 - 70 of 109