Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 21st 2013 new

I can understand where some people are coming from we really should burry our heads in the sand and just pretend none of these shows exist and that they influence millions of people including many Catholics. That sounds like a great plan for evangelization.

Mar 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Jeannie-822585 said: What do you think we can all do to make it finally stop? Any suggestions? Mass contacts to mgt?...
(Quote) Jeannie-822585 said:

What do you think we can all do to make it finally stop? Any suggestions? Mass contacts to mgt? Love to hear your thoughts. Jeannie

--hide--

When Bruce Jenner won the decathlon in the Olympics, he was a god in this country. How could anyone sink so far down?

Mar 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: When Bruce Jenner won the decathlon in the Olympics, he was a god in this country. How c...
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

When Bruce Jenner won the decathlon in the Olympics, he was a god in this country. How could anyone sink so far down?

--hide--

I ask myself that about Kermit Gosnell.

Secularism is fertile soil for growing such individuals.

Mar 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Lisa-54615 said: Yay, finally the Catholic version of the show! I haven't seen the Bachelor the ...
(Quote) Lisa-54615 said:

Yay, finally the Catholic version of the show!

I haven't seen the Bachelor the last few seasons, but I've seen the show in the past many times. It's just a TV show, not a life instructional video. The Bachelor/ette is probably the worst possible way to meet someone if you want the relationship to work out - even for the secular folk. But it's fun to watch anyway. I like the Sister Wives too - does that mean I embrace polygamy? It's just for entertainment.

--hide--

The Catholic Bachelorette: Theology of the Body Edition

Hey, you never know. It could get millions of viewers! laughing

Mar 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Jeannie-822585 said: What do you think we can all do to make it finally stop? Any suggestions? Mass contacts to mgt?...
(Quote) Jeannie-822585 said:

What do you think we can all do to make it finally stop? Any suggestions? Mass contacts to mgt? Love to hear your thoughts. Jeannie

--hide--

I'm right in the middle of all of the posts above, Jeannie.

I couldn't recognize a Kardashian if you gave me a million dollars. And I think I watched half of an episode once of The Bachelor when I was on the road with a friend. I abhor the entire premise of it, myself. I have been honestly amazed at the women I have known who enjoy such shows. But I have a show or two I watch that I am confident that many people here - men AND women - would consider trash. As for myself, I feel like I can take the best and leave the rest when it comes to my 'trash.' I certainly don't watch them as a way to guide my morals. They are mindless shows that at the end of a rough day/week help me get my mind off of work or other worries.

The same goes for the blogs and forums here. I can find much writing here on CM that gives me pause in both good ways and bad. My faith is more firmly rooted in bible study, Mass, prayer, etc. Could some of the bloggers be encouraged to dig deeper at times? Sure. Is it worth it to write in mass the CM admin? Probably not. Browse the blogs/writers of your choice and move on.

Mar 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: I can understand where some people are coming from we really should burry our heads in the sand a...
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

I can understand where some people are coming from we really should burry our heads in the sand and just pretend none of these shows exist and that they influence millions of people including many Catholics. That sounds like a great plan for evangelization.

--hide--

Brian, this site is your baby and has so many redeeming qualities. Relax. Sarcasm isn't such a great plan for evangelization, either.

Mar 22nd 2013 new
BRAVO!!!!!!!!
Mar 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: If this thread turns into a which hunt on moderators, I will shut it down. For your readin...
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

If this thread turns into a which hunt on moderators, I will shut it down.

For your reading pleasure (we have been meaning to publish this for sometime and did not get around to it.) here is an explanation of the role of moderators in the forums. www.catholicmatch.com

If you have a question or concern please submit a help ticket.

--hide--
A witch hunt no...this is why I hadn't said anything earlier... but I am .trying to understand the morality of the decisionn on a site that should reinforce my morals, yes.... I'll read the the site you gave though....thanks and I'll consider what Jerry said too.

Mar 22nd 2013 new

Christ said I am the truth. He did not say I am the custom.

St. Tobio

Replace custom for culture if you like and it probably says it all. In the end, we can only control our own actions though and that is why I choose not to watch those shows. THough, no doubt if I was inclined to read about them on here, which I am not, I'd probably see that they are saying that what goes on there isn't what our faith is about.

Mar 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Lucy-41785 said: The same goes for the blogs and forums here. I can find much writing here on CM that gives me pause...
(Quote) Lucy-41785 said:

The same goes for the blogs and forums here. I can find much writing here on CM that gives me pause in both good ways and bad. My faith is more firmly rooted in bible study, Mass, prayer, etc. Could some of the bloggers be encouraged to dig deeper at times? Sure. Is it worth it to write in mass the CM admin? Probably not. Browse the blogs/writers of your choice and move on.

--hide--

thumbsup thumbsup

Posts 81 - 90 of 109