Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

03/23/2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Funny... I thought Jesus loves and forgives everybody..
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Funny... I thought Jesus loves and forgives everybody..

--hide--

Yes Jesus does love everybody but their sins He detests. When people put their sinful lives into the public forum and are elevated to Hollywood God status, then we are obliged to comment. One to rebuke the sinner and 2 to give moral guidance to those whom idolise the Clay gods and godesses of Follywood. Every generation at sometime in their lives will hear the brain dead mantra "After all it is 2013 AD; 1900AD; 900AD; 400AD; 200AD; 20AD! The only differences are technology and New and improved ways to kill. Society is numb to violence, they have seen it all on the screen. So the need to reprimand, confront sin and love the person is more needed today than at any other time. The Kardishan stereo types, Gaga, Beyonce, and the litany could go on to the close of creation, know fully what they are doing. Our youth are being pursued through music,fashion, their sexuality, the way they think. They are not safe in their own homes, the internet highway has many a predator stalking. I spent the last 20 years unmasking and revealing the dangers to parents that their children were facing. The "So what!" and the "Who cares? brigade need to wake up. They are as ridiculous as a person asking for ice in their martini whilst sinking on the Titanic. Jesus forgives. Interesting statement. Jesus can only forgive if the sinner repents and goes to Confession, amends their lifestyle and tries to sin no more. Jesus isn't some pacifist incence burning butterball whom forgives all even if the sinner refuses to repent. This may come as a shock, "A lot of people knowingly choose Hell as the Eternal destination." That's the scarey side of free will. These bogus theologians, the likes of Richard McBrien, are the pied pipers of Satan crippling consciences as they spout their new age complete with a manufactured Jesus, complete with a set of steak knives, and if you press his belly button he says "Iforgive you! Please leave your sins at the sound of the tone!" Beep! irked

03/23/2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Like I said.. The writers are independent members.. I know their blogs are approved b...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Like I said.. The writers are independent members.. I know their blogs are approved by Admin, but it seems to me that they would not be condoning the Kardashian's lifestyle.. We also need to keep in mind that in our generation we didn't see those kind of programs on TV, but those shows are very popular with many people.. I am a member of a Catholic women's group on FB and there is almost always a thread about The Bachelor every week.

--hide--

Donna give me a break - I understand that you have to defend Admin but this is a valid post. I find it interesting that Admin comes in to our forums and admonish people of what they write and delete posts but yet they have no control over "independent writers" who post blogs on things that are so contrary to catholic beliefs that they have no control over this, that these blogs such as Kardashian's, The Bachelor and others flaunts promiscuity, premarital sex, etc. This is not FB and FB is not proclaiming that they are a catholic site who follow the magisterium. I am not saying CM is contrary to catholic teachings on faith and morals but one's actions whether it be individual or collectively as the site proclaims, demonstrates who and what you are in your speech and actions. In fact it will be interesting to see what posts get deleted from this thread

03/23/2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-872788 said:Agreed. I posted my comments about the "reality" show The Bachelor on the blog entry. Now the...
(Quote) Patrick-872788 said:Agreed. I posted my comments about the "reality" show The Bachelor on the blog entry. Now there are two bloggers who cannot distinguish between fantasy and reality.
--hide--

It is not only distinguishing from fantasy and reality, it is showing how one truly chooses and enters into their Catholic faith. Let them take a look at he crucifix (not a cross, as their is no body of Christ hanging on it) and then talk about choose and rights. Look at what God did for us and we choose to believe we have our rights to watch and hear this garbage.

03/23/2013 new

(Quote) Lucy-41785 said: I'm right in the middle of all of the posts above, Jeannie. I couldn't reco...
(Quote) Lucy-41785 said:

I'm right in the middle of all of the posts above, Jeannie.

I couldn't recognize a Kardashian if you gave me a million dollars. And I think I watched half of an episode once of The Bachelor when I was on the road with a friend. I abhor the entire premise of it, myself. I have been honestly amazed at the women I have known who enjoy such shows. But I have a show or two I watch that I am confident that many people here - men AND women - would consider trash. As for myself, I feel like I can take the best and leave the rest when it comes to my 'trash.' I certainly don't watch them as a way to guide my morals. They are mindless shows that at the end of a rough day/week help me get my mind off of work or other worries.

The same goes for the blogs and forums here. I can find much writing here on CM that gives me pause in both good ways and bad. My faith is more firmly rooted in bible study, Mass, prayer, etc. Could some of the bloggers be encouraged to dig deeper at times? Sure. Is it worth it to write in mass the CM admin? Probably not. Browse the blogs/writers of your choice and move on.

--hide--

Hey Lucy, you are 110% correct - Yet for CM to even have Blogs like this makes a statement of who and what they are when it comes to a Catholic site.

03/23/2013 new

(Quote) Mary-25961 said: Hey Lucy, you are 110% correct - Yet for CM to even have Blogs like this makes a statement ...
(Quote) Mary-25961 said:

Hey Lucy, you are 110% correct - Yet for CM to even have Blogs like this makes a statement of who and what they are when it comes to a Catholic site.

--hide--

Also we must always be an example of what the Catholic church is and stands for - Allowing blogs such as these gives mix messages. We can hide under the umbrella of choice but they also have a choice whether these blogs exists. It is like TV whether they holler you can turn the button to off but at the same time, it should be there in the first place eyepopping hug

03/23/2013 new
exactly! well said, Mary!
03/23/2013 new

(Quote) Con-888377 said:
(Quote) Con-888377 said:

--hide--
I am tired of the censorship by invisible secret service who make on the spot decisions, when they only have the status of other PAID UP MEMBERS. A Catholic should not have to worry that their going to be censored without explanation. It is rude and insulting and if you were treated in this manner at a restaurant I dare say you might feel a liitle heated. My post was deleted. I was putting the Official Church attitude to these matters. No one was mentioned by name other than Kardishan. I am tired of the bullying. I am seriously ill anwhen I try to defend Church reaching which is what we are supposed to do as CATHOLICS. When do we get a truly focused Catholic web site that holds to the faith in all matters. There are members whom approve of abortion and euthanasia that are members as Catholics? Wrong! Public declaration of such views and supporting of those views carries a penalty accoding to the CCC. May be its time for Admin to rethink, "Is it the faith or isit the money??" I expect to be treated with courtesey, mindless deletion of someone elses thoughts without any discussion reminds me of the soviet era. People are leaving and you are losing money. If you wonder why I posted here. The answer is this is where my post was deleted unceremoniously.

03/23/2013 new

Well, it doesn't look like anyone who is against Kardashian/Bachelorette posts has been censored, yet.

It seems like people are getting really worked up over this.

Yes, the blogs posted on a Catholic site should be monitored to some extent because they do represent the site to the world. They should not promote anything which Catholicism would reject.

As far as I can tell, none of the blog posts I have read have promoted or encouraged the watching of The Kardashians or The Bachelorette. Some of the writers have seen them, but they are essentially telling us: "Hey, don't watch this! It's not a good example of Christian living!" This doesn't sound like a promotion of The Kardashians, The Bachelorette, or immoral lifestyels to me.

I have never seen The Kardashians or The Bachelorette. I did not feel the need to watch them after reading these posts. On the contrary, the posts told me they would be a waste of my time. I took that advice to heart. If someone watches these shows after hearing how bad they are from the blog posts on Catholic Match, that is due to something other than the CM blog posts.

Yes, it's annoying to read about them when you don't watch them and can't relate. I get it. I don't think it compromises my immortal soul to read about someone else's negative experience of watching them.

We are supposed to love each other. If we let relatively little things like CM blog posts (which are not violating Church teaching) get in the way, I think we're doing it wrong.

Can we just agree to let this go? No one is really getting hurt or sinning by writing or reading about how negative The Kardashians and The Bachelorette are. There are more important things.

My two cents

03/23/2013 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Even though I understand the role isn't church teaching, it still bothers me a bit that some...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

Even though I understand the role isn't church teaching, it still bothers me a bit that someone who isn't a 7/7 would be a moderator on a Catholic web site.....but hey, that is just my opinion....again, I didn't say anything prior to this forum thread about it for that reason....their job is doing other things. I do fear that someone who doesn't understand the role of moderator might, however, think they are authorized to speak in matters of the faith.

--hide--

I agree. If a single Catholic school teacher gets pregnant, her employment is terminated. She must abide by the rules or suffer the consequences. It's because she represents a Catholic institution. Even the way that a Wendy's manager acts affects how I think of that company. Just my two cents

03/23/2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: There is a block on messaging when there is a certain age difference? When did that start,and wha...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

There is a block on messaging when there is a certain age difference? When did that start,and whats the gap??

--hide--

laughing It's so I don't get your messages anymore, Old Man. laughing kidding!

Posts 91 - 100 of 109