Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

Apr 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Lisa-54615 said: (Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: I imagine it is strictly related to the changes ...
(Quote) Lisa-54615 said:

Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

I imagine it is strictly related to the changes in the body and not the moral aspects that go along with those changes since they are just fifth graders.

I wouldn't assume anything. In a public school, you never know. Maybe you can go to the school and preview the video without having to take it home. I would also ask the teachers exactly what will be said, if anything, before or after the video. Will there be time for Q&A by the kids? If a kid brings up a "controversial" topic such as homosexuality or birth control, will the teacher answer in front of the class?

I know it's a difficult situation because on the one hand, you want to make sure your child isn't taught secular non-sense, but on the other, how would he feel if he is the only one in the class whose parents didn't allow him to participate?

--hide--

I would think previewing it at the school would be a possibility. You had better hurry up with going to do that.

Apr 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: I wondered the same thing. I think I'll call the school or email the teacher to ask....
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

I wondered the same thing. I think I'll call the school or email the teacher to ask. I kind of don't see how they would lend it out to parents when they won't want anything to happen to it and will need to show it, but I can ask. I was thinking of doing just that.

--hide--

Or even view it with your child. Good Luck and God Bless!

Posts 21 - 22 of 22