Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Hi everyone,

I am asking for recommendations about what kind of showerhead I should buy. faint In all seriousness, my showerhead is perfectly functional, but I have a $12 rebate check burning a hole in my pocket and I just saw a cute ad in a home improvemt magazine for a showerhead. There was a fluffy dog with its hair half washed off because of a powerful showerhead. So I searched in my handy dandy 2013 Consumer Reports recommended buys book and -- voila! -- no recommendations. So I turn to you, my fellow Catholics, to ask: What type of showerhead do you recommend? Why?

Lots of little holes? A few big holes? A brand name showerhead? Water efficient? Enquiring minds want to know!

03/19/2013 new

I looked on Consumer Reports online (no subscription, so I couldn't get to the brands), but there is a summary and video. I dunno, I just use whatever shower head came with the house 15 years ago boggled

www.consumerreports.org

03/19/2013 new
(Quote) Margo-404841 said: Hi everyone, I am asking for recommendations about what kind of showerhead I should buy. In all...
(Quote) Margo-404841 said:

Hi everyone,

I am asking for recommendations about what kind of showerhead I should buy. In all seriousness, my showerhead is perfectly functional, but I have a $12 rebate check burning a hole in my pocket and I just saw a cute ad in a home improvemt magazine for a showerhead. There was a fluffy dog with its hair half washed off because of a powerful showerhead. So I searched in my handy dandy 2013 Consumer Reports recommended buys book and -- voila! -- no recommendations. So I turn to you, my fellow Catholics, to ask: What type of showerhead do you recommend? Why?

Lots of little holes? A few big holes? A brand name showerhead? Water efficient? Enquiring minds want to know!

--hide--

I like the type on a long cord and with the massage spray head, makes it easier to rinse my hair....
03/19/2013 new

(Quote) Margo-404841 said: Hi everyone, I am asking for recommendations about what kind of showerhead I should buy. I...

Hi everyone,

I am asking for recommendations about what kind of showerhead I should buy. In all seriousness, my showerhead is perfectly functional, but I have a $12 rebate check burning a hole in my pocket and I just saw a cute ad in a home improvemt magazine for a showerhead. There was a fluffy dog with its hair half washed off because of a powerful showerhead. So I searched in my handy dandy 2013 Consumer Reports recommended buys book and -- voila! -- no recommendations. So I turn to you, my fellow Catholics, to ask: What type of showerhead do you recommend? Why?

--hide--

Hi Margo,

Pete would recommend a Delta, because they were rebuildable :-), when other faucets are not any longer. But, he built the most awesome bathroom for us. And, he put in two different shower heads, one was a broad lots of little holes one that rained down and the other was one that could be removed and hand held with multiple settings --- loved it! I currently have a large one that rains down from overhead, but I really want a combo one -- it has the rain down (large head with lots of little holes) and a hand held part. We put one in my daughter's house, they are heavenly. Kohler's are also nice.

03/19/2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: Hi Margo, Pete would recommend a Delta, because they were rebuildable :-), when ...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

Hi Margo,

Pete would recommend a Delta, because they were rebuildable :-), when other faucets are not any longer. But, he built the most awesome bathroom for us. And, he put in two different shower heads, one was a broad lots of little holes one that rained down and the other was one that could be removed and hand held with multiple settings --- loved it! I currently have a large one that rains down from overhead, but I really want a combo one -- it has the rain down (large head with lots of little holes) and a hand held part. We put one in my daughter's house, they are heavenly. Kohler's are also nice.

--hide--
I saw a really neat one at the hardware store yesterday that had little holes in it and the ability to turn it down to a trickle and save water when you are lathering up, shampooing, etc. That one looked handy to me. I just don't want to waste money on something I don't like.

Also, I saw a few REALLY LARGE showerheads that looked like they'd be really fun but also use a lot of water.

03/19/2013 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: I like the type on a long cord and with the massage spray head, makes it easier to rinse my hair...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

I like the type on a long cord and with the massage spray head, makes it easier to rinse my hair....
--hide--
For some reason, I wouldn't like a handheld shower. It also wouldn't be easy for me to work because one of my hands is disabled.

03/19/2013 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: I looked on Consumer Reports online (no subscription, so I couldn't get to the brands), but ...
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

I looked on Consumer Reports online (no subscription, so I couldn't get to the brands), but there is a summary and video. I dunno, I just use whatever shower head came with the house 15 years ago

www.consumerreports.org

--hide--
Thank you, Michael. I realize this might seem silly to some people, but I like to buy good stuff that lasts a long time.

03/19/2013 new
(Quote) Margo-404841 said: For some reason, I wouldn't like a handheld shower. It also wouldn't be easy for me to work because one...

For some reason, I wouldn't like a handheld shower. It also wouldn't be easy for me to work because one of my hands is disabled.

--hide--

It has a 'holder' to keep it in place. I also like it when it is time to clean the shower...
03/19/2013 new

(Quote) Margo-404841 said: I saw a really neat one at the hardware store yesterday that had little holes in it and the abili...

I saw a really neat one at the hardware store yesterday that had little holes in it and the ability to turn it down to a trickle and save water when you are lathering up, shampooing, etc. That one looked handy to me. I just don't want to waste money on something I don't like.

Also, I saw a few REALLY LARGE showerheads that looked like they'd be really fun but also use a lot of water.

--hide--

The big ones are pretty water efficient I think, they just spread the water out. The one you are talking about sounds like a pretty good and ecofriendly option though. :-)

03/19/2013 new

(Quote) Margo-404841 said: Hi everyone, I am asking for recommendations about what kind of showerhead I should buy. I...

Hi everyone,

--hide--
Wouldn't a good shower head by your own? rolling eyes

I'm not sure if I would order one advertised in a magazine unless it's a name brand.

Think about the one you have now - which is presumably a bit timeworn if you're thinking of replacing it. What features did it have when it was new or at least newer? There are hundreds of designs for these things, and your decision will be based on what you feel is important. I think the majority of them are water saver models. If you actually look in a home improvement or hardware store (such as Menards, Home Depot, or Ace Hardware), you'll see what's actually out there.

There are newer designer models that have a cost in the hundreds (no, not pennies), or basics that sell for ?????

Or, you could give yours a soaking in vinegar to clear the passages, get rid of the mineral deposits and not spend anything on a new one.

Lastly, maybe you could get together with a CMer and buy him a lunch at McDonald's........ scratchchin

Posts 1 - 10 of 47