Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Mar 20th 2013 new

Margo that sounds like so much fun.

There are some faucet brnads that really can add an air of elegance to a bathroom and truly enhance and uplift the entire outlook of the bathroom.

My favorite is danze or grohe if you want to spend a little more. They are both high end but in my opinion Danze give the same look and many times better quality, in terms of inards and pull outs, than Grohe with a slightly lower price tag. They are both very well made and built to last and look classy.

www.danze.com

The mid-range brand that I like is Moen but you need you be very careful in your selection, because unlike the two above that have mostly metal parts, Moen tends to have many plastic parts and that makes them less durable. Some of their variations tend to have less plastic.

Delta is probably the most user friendly brand in terms of ( lack of experience) self installation. However, like Moen, lots of plastic parts. I hope that this helps.

Mar 20th 2013 new
(Quote) Margo-404841 said: Hi everyone, I am asking for recommendations about what kind of showerhead I should buy. In all serious...
(Quote) Margo-404841 said:

Hi everyone,

I am asking for recommendations about what kind of showerhead I should buy. In all seriousness, my showerhead is perfectly functional, but I have a $12 rebate check burning a hole in my pocket and I just saw a cute ad in a home improvemt magazine for a showerhead. There was a fluffy dog with its hair half washed off because of a powerful showerhead. So I searched in my handy dandy 2013 Consumer Reports recommended buys book and -- voila! -- no recommendations. So I turn to you, my fellow Catholics, to ask: What type of showerhead do you recommend? Why?

Lots of little holes? A few big holes? A brand name showerhead? Water efficient? Enquiring minds want to know!

--hide--
First off I want to see that dog! How cute is that? Margo, I have replaced both of my shower heads. In my bathroom, I have a water pic shower head and love it. You can change the force and type of spray by just dialing the head (not like a phone though) I like two of the selections most. In the other bathroom, I have one like Brenda's that you can leave in the holder or take it out and use it that way. The boys loved it to reach hard to clean places. I originally bought it so I could wash Neill's hair (my handicapped son) because I can hold a towel over his eyes and ears like a blindfold and maneuver the handheld out of the holder with one hand to rinse. I know, I am so talented. Who knew? That one has only one dial but forceful and water efficient and namebrand. It was easy to install and do use that little spool of white papery stuff. It helps with the seal...I found that out the hard way. Good luck! Eileen
Mar 20th 2013 new
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: First off I want to see that dog! How cute is that? Margo, I have replaced both of my shower heads. In my bathroo...
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: First off I want to see that dog! How cute is that? Margo, I have replaced both of my shower heads. In my bathroom, I have a water pic shower head and love it. You can change the force and type of spray by just dialing the head (not like a phone though) I like two of the selections most. In the other bathroom, I have one like Brenda's that you can leave in the holder or take it out and use it that way. The boys loved it to reach hard to clean places. I originally bought it so I could wash Neill's hair (my handicapped son) because I can hold a towel over his eyes and ears like a blindfold and maneuver the handheld out of the holder with one hand to rinse. I know, I am so talented. Who knew? That one has only one dial but forceful and water efficient and namebrand. It was easy to install and do use that little spool of white papery stuff. It helps with the seal...I found that out the hard way. Good luck! Eileen
--hide--
I do wish this iPad would paragraph like I write it. Can anyone give me a hint on how to do that? Sorry Margo....not sticking to the subject.
Mar 20th 2013 new
(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Darn. With all that soap and water in them, you would think they'd be self-cleaning at least.
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Darn. With all that soap and water in them, you would think they'd be self-cleaning at least.

--hide--

Only if you hire a maid...lol
Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Sounds like Ray is making a firm offer to you, Margo. Milwaukee to Menominee took Andy & me ab...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

Sounds like Ray is making a firm offer to you, Margo. Milwaukee to Menominee took Andy & me about, what--5 hours? Don't exactly recall, since it was a couple of years ago, but the early morning fog was gorgeous. Ray could zip up there early 'nuff to enjoy a cup o' Co-op Coffee. He'd appreciate the souvenir mug. After he fixed your shower, take him to Mabel Tainter's to enjoy the stained glass. Maybe the stage will be set for another wedding. Then....
uh , where was I?

--hide--
Oh Lina, you are wicked! faint Yes, it is a lovely little town. I've been on the food co-op board of directors for a year now, and there's a proposal for a new store inside a 3-story apt abuilding. A secure source of food is very important to me. But back to the showerhead and romance. BTW, I love it when James Taylor sings "Handyman." I wonder if guys realize how lovely (OK, sexy) women think it is to be cared for in that manner.

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: Margo that sounds like so much fun. There are some faucet brnads that really can add an ai...
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

Margo that sounds like so much fun.

There are some faucet brnads that really can add an air of elegance to a bathroom and truly enhance and uplift the entire outlook of the bathroom.

My favorite is danze or grohe if you want to spend a little more. They are both high end but in my opinion Danze give the same look and many times better quality, in terms of inards and pull outs, than Grohe with a slightly lower price tag. They are both very well made and built to last and look classy.

www.danze.com

The mid-range brand that I like is Moen but you need you be very careful in your selection, because unlike the two above that have mostly metal parts, Moen tends to have many plastic parts and that makes them less durable. Some of their variations tend to have less plastic.

Delta is probably the most user friendly brand in terms of ( lack of experience) self installation. However, like Moen, lots of plastic parts. I hope that this helps.

--hide--
Thanks, Shara. I think you understand where I'm coming from. I have a good showerhead, but now I just might want to splurge a bit.

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-755074 said: Alsons manufactures good shower head products. Also.....go to Fleet Farm (Ag Dept.) and ask ...
(Quote) Tom-755074 said:

Alsons manufactures good shower head products.

Also.....go to Fleet Farm (Ag Dept.) and ask for Acid Rinse or Milkstone Acid Rinse...both contain Phosphoric acid. Soak any limed up part and make it like new. Cut it with some water to clean the tile. I used it for years when I plumbed. I promise it works and is safe to use on chrome.

--hide--
Thanks, Tom. I'll have to try that before I start spending the big money on a more expensive one.

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Margo-404841 said: Oh Lina, you are wicked! Yes, it is a lovely little town. I've been on the food co-op board o...
(Quote) Margo-404841 said:

Oh Lina, you are wicked! Yes, it is a lovely little town. I've been on the food co-op board of directors for a year now, and there's a proposal for a new store inside a 3-story apt abuilding. A secure source of food is very important to me. But back to the showerhead and romance. BTW, I love it when James Taylor sings "Handyman." I wonder if guys realize how lovely (OK, sexy) women think it is to be cared for in that manner.

--hide--

As Red Green always says, "if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find ya handy"

Mar 20th 2013 new
Well Michael you don't have that problem since you are both handsome and handy.
Mar 20th 2013 new
I like the sound of that. Keep us updated
Posts 21 - 30 of 47