Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Mar 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: I wonder who's buying them...flippers or Chinese government officials loaded with money? <...
(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

I wonder who's buying them...flippers or Chinese government officials loaded with money?

--hide--

You are so funny Sean. No, regular people buy them (like people in my office). You don't have to be a millionnaire to buy a home here - that's a misconception. True that you will get a lot less for your money than other places, but if you are motivated enough to buy and are willing to compromise on the features of the home and/or location, it's totally doable.

To give you an idea, you can get a pretty decent condo for under 200K (good location). San Diego is not actually THAT expensive compared to places like San Fran and New York. And they aren't cheap in Chicago either if you want to be in a nice area.

Mar 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) William-607613 said:We can all understand your interest in meeting someone; as far as why a home is necessary for y...
(Quote) William-607613 said:

We can all understand your interest in meeting someone; as far as why a home is necessary for your pursuit of a partner, well, that part eludes me.

Will

--hide--

I'm with William on this one. however to the Op I personally think the term "provider" has been used too carte blanche. Hopefully your future will be full of better financial decisions and your future spouse will also be able to contribute for the things that you "both" want. biggrin

Mar 24th 2013 new

Just because mortgage companies will not finance a home for you does not mean that you cannot be a good provider for a family or that you should not be looking to start a family. While it is nice to own a home for your family to live in I have known very few people who actually owned a home before they got married. I personally like the idea of buying a home being something that a husband and wife do together, you are both going to be raising the family so it's only fair you both help to choose the house biggrin

Mar 24th 2013 new
(Quote) William-607613 said: Mike,I'm not in this age group (but barely out of it), so I'll offer my two cents...
(Quote) William-607613 said:

Mike,

I'm not in this age group (but barely out of it), so I'll offer my two cents here.

I think owning a home today and being financial stable will probably mean two completely different things. I think the correlation between the two evaporated in 2008 when the housing bubble burst; unfortunately, stability still hasn't returned to the housing market so I don't believ we have yet found the bottom of it.

Here in the NYC area I know QUITE a few people who don't own a home. Most of us know someone who bought a home at the market's high and are now underwater on the mortgage.

We are free to relocate as needed, either for a spouse or for a job.

We can all understand your interest in meeting someone; as far as why a home is necessary for your pursuit of a partner, well, that part eludes me.

Will

--hide--
As some else who is barely out of his group, I agree with Will. Home ownership does not necessarily equate to financial stability. However, I think that many people still believe this to be true. In some my interactions with women online they are surprised to learn that I do not own a home and they follow with " don't you ever want to get married?" - as if one is not marriage material otherwise. I have yet to own a home and would probably only consider it if I ever am engaged.
Posts 21 - 24 of 24