Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

03/21/2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I disagree. Contrary to popular wisdom, it IS possible for men and women to be platonic friends, ...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

I disagree. Contrary to popular wisdom, it IS possible for men and women to be platonic friends, once they realize they aren't suited as lovers.

--hide--

I totally agree. For years, I have had platonic male friends of all ages. I am extremely athletic and I for the most part, I am not vwery girlie in the way I react. I also make an effort to include the spouses, girlfriends, etc. I may run with a guy friend, but I don't hug or touch a guy friend. I don't flirt and I am not a demander of a lot of time.

03/21/2013 new

And people who explored a "romantic" relationship are just as good as others for friendship.

03/21/2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I would rather compete for his attention than sit home alone.

I would rather compete for his attention than sit home alone.

--hide--

Believe me, I'm not sitting home alone! Last night I was at a CME dinner at Morton's and had a wonderful dinner and conversation with a Family Practice doc about my age sitting next to me (without a wedding ring). Likely that I will see him again at another conference. That is just an example. Most of my evenings have events - either at church, professionally, with friends, or social events in my building or neighborhood!

But, I choose not to compete for anyone's attention. Actually I think they should be competing for my attention wink I am currently in communication with 2 other men, but have not progressed to phone yet although one genleman sent me his phone number yesterday and I may call him today. And, if I had set up a meeting with this man, I would not have gone to phone communication with either of the other men, until after I met this one ( and then, only if it did not work out with him).

03/21/2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I disagree. Contrary to popular wisdom, it IS possible for men and women to be platonic friends, ...

I disagree. Contrary to popular wisdom, it IS possible for men and women to be platonic friends, once they realize they aren't suited as lovers.

--hide--

I have tried to do this - to become just friends with a gentleman several times in the past. What I have discovered is that men really aren't looking for platonic female friends. They are either looking for a relationship or biding their time while trying to turn the relationship into something other than platonic!

03/21/2013 new

(Quote) Linda-756196 said: I totally agree. For years, I have had platonic male friends of all ages. I...
(Quote) Linda-756196 said:

I totally agree. For years, I have had platonic male friends of all ages. I am extremely athletic and I for the most part, I am not vwery girlie in the way I react. I also make an effort to include the spouses, girlfriends, etc. I may run with a guy friend, but I don't hug or touch a guy friend. I don't flirt and I am not a demander of a lot of time.

--hide--

Was this in the United States or in Germany (I think that was where you were for quite some time?)

03/21/2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:Believe me, I'm not sitting home alone! .... Actually I think they should be competing for my atten...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:Believe me, I'm not sitting home alone! .... Actually I think they should be competing for my attention I am currently in communication with 2 other men, but have not progressed to phone
--hide--

Hello Patricia
I pretty much disagree with the vast majority of what has been posted on your thread
just to be positive
1) when I was younger I decided to ONLY date women whom I was willing to consider marrying-
I should have stuck to this, but I did have narrow criteria and an ego, and perhaps I am better
for having expanded my horizons
2) these guys are hopefully seeking their life partner- If they have not yet married it will take
a while to get to know her- Unlike the lady who eloped, most of us need to learn about each other
why not contact and see more than one lady at a time?(I do not know that becoming physically
intimate is a selection criteria- on this site that may be considered a problem
3) Almost all of the women I have dated have been seeing someone else- may be my problem
but I can say I should have realized this a long time ago and accepted it.
4) Those of us who are on this site for any lenght of time have for good or bad reasons not
committed- I for one am open to anyone pointing these issues out to me(hopefully privately where
some discussion is possible)

TO CONCLUDE- I think women should ask men for dates, that is where most of my serious relationships started,
I now beleive that dating someone is not a good reason to not see others, I would consider anyone in a serious
relationship to be off limits and anyone pursuing someone in a serious relationship to be unchristian.
We alll need to be flexible, but anyone who is physically intimate is CRAZY to think that they can see others
and if your significant other is doing this it is time to either leave or consent(YIKES! forget that one)
ps- if a guy is intimate with someone who is not interested in him
then I agree; you should probably not be either BUT I have seen
real relationships grow out of such so you need to make your own decisions....
at our age I think maybe we should rethink some decisions
BUT if something does not fell right- head for the EXIT :o) {emoticons blocked on this computer :o( }

03/21/2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Was this in the United States or in Germany (I think that was where you were ...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Was this in the United States or in Germany (I think that was where you were for quite some time?)

--hide--

I have always had male friends. Not so much right now because I withdrew and moved from CO to Germany and then settled in MA. The men I meet now size me up and usually want to sleep with me. That isn't me. I have learned the value of girl friendships, but I relate to men in my hobbies and the way I emotionally react.

03/21/2013 new

(Quote) John-842063 said: Hello PatriciaI pretty much disagree with the vast majority of what has been posted on you...
(Quote) John-842063 said:

Hello Patricia
I pretty much disagree with the vast majority of what has been posted on your thread
just to be positive
1) when I was younger I decided to ONLY date women whom I was willing to consider marrying-
I should have stuck to this, but I did have narrow criteria and an ego, and perhaps I am better
for having expanded my horizons
2) these guys are hopefully seeking their life partner- If they have not yet married it will take
a while to get to know her- Unlike the lady who eloped, most of us need to learn about each other
why not contact and see more than one lady at a time?(I do not know that becoming physically
intimate is a selection criteria- on this site that may be considered a problem
3) Almost all of the women I have dated have been seeing someone else- may be my problem
but I can say I should have realized this a long time ago and accepted it.
4) Those of us who are on this site for any lenght of time have for good or bad reasons not
committed- I for one am open to anyone pointing these issues out to me(hopefully privately where
some discussion is possible)

TO CONCLUDE- I think women should ask men for dates, that is where most of my serious relationships started,
I now beleive that dating someone is not a good reason to not see others, I would consider anyone in a serious
relationship to be off limits and anyone pursuing someone in a serious relationship to be unchristian.
We alll need to be flexible, but anyone who is physically intimate is CRAZY to think that they can see others
and if your significant other is doing this it is time to either leave or consent(YIKES! forget that one)
ps- if a guy is intimate with someone who is not interested in him
then I agree; you should probably not be either BUT I have seen
real relationships grow out of such so you need to make your own decisions....
at our age I think maybe we should rethink some decisions
BUT if something does not fell right- head for the EXIT :o) {emoticons blocked on this computer :o( }

--hide--

I disagree with asking a man out. Guess I am too old fashioned which is probably why I sit at home. laughing

03/21/2013 new

(Quote) John-842063 said:BUT if something does not fell right- head for the EXIT :o) {emoticons blocked on this computer :o( }
(Quote) John-842063 said:BUT if something does not fell right- head for the EXIT :o) {emoticons blocked on this computer :o( }
--hide--

OUCH lots of spelling errors but one to correct-
If something does not FEEL right- head for the exit,
things might fall poorly but still be magical :o)

03/21/2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I would rather compete for his attention than sit home alone.

I would rather compete for his attention than sit home alone.

--hide--

When more than 1 woman compete for the same man, the only person that wins is the man! pirate

This is because the woman who finally got him, got someone that she will never be able to fully trust as he didn't want her enough to spend a few weeks seeing only her to see if she was the one he really wanted, but instead chose to date multiple women during that time (enjoying himself like a kid in a candy store to use a somewhat trite metaphor hersheyskiss hersheyskiss hersheyskiss ).

When, troubles arise will he stick with her through the difficult time or start looking for someone to enjoy himself with? duck

I do believe that the vast majority of the men on CM are NOT like this, so please don't be offended guys! hug I am not generalizing about all men. But, I do think this is the general modus operandi of many non-CM men out in the secular culture or on sites like match.com. discoball

I really believe that we have a much better caliber of men on this site primarily because they are devout Catholics and have a relationship with God clap clap clap (But, unfortunately, there is always the exception to prove the rule. )

Posts 31 - 40 of 130