Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: You must sign in before expressing interest in this event.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 21st 2013 new

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the posts. Yes, Immaculate Conception was confusion, after they went over it in RCIA I get it. However my initial impression was that it had to do with Christ's conception since I had not, prior to RCIA learned much about Our Blessed Mother.

I do pray the Rosary several times a week but after three years I still need my prayer card for the Rosary to keep the Mysteries straight. My Parish gave everyone in my RCIA class a Catechism for a confirmation present and it is really helpful for reference. All of your perspectives are helpful because sometimes becoming Catholic feels like I've moved to an entirely different country even though I haven't moved.

My Parish never has Latin Mass but I may try to visit one some time for the experience and connection to history. After all isn't Latin the Church's official language? I do like understanding the words of the liturgy though....learning Latin is on my to do list but it is a ways down.

All of your responses are encouraging and helpful, thank you for taking the time to reply :)

Mar 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Amber-931533 said: I do pray the Rosary several times a week but after three years I still need my prayer card for the Rosa...
(Quote) Amber-931533 said: I do pray the Rosary several times a week but after three years I still need my prayer card for the Rosary to keep the Mysteries straight. My Parish gave everyone in my RCIA class a Catechism for a confirmation present and it is really helpful for reference.
--hide--

I wish that my parish had given us something this useful as a confirmation present, I believe we got a little plastic statue of the the Holy Family. I was raised Catholic, but my family never prayed the Rosary and this is still something I have a hard time with. My current parish says the Rosary before Mass every Sunday, but if I don't have a reference with me I get confused. (It's also hard to hear with all the people coming in and getting settled before Mass).

As others have said I envy the way you get to look at the Faith, with new eyes, with adult eyes instead of eyes that are slightly jaded by being raised in a Faith that is by itself hard to understand without the added issue of no one trying to explain it well to a child with a thousand questions.

As for dating a Catholic, I think its like any other kind of dating in a lot of ways. You learn things together as a couple. I know for me personally attending Mass with someone is an intimate experience I would prefer to save until a bit later in a relationship, but this is not true for everyone. You just need to remember to communicate with your partner about how you want to practice the Faith together. Praying together is always a great start, even if it is just a blessing before meals.

Apr 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Amber-931533 said: Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the posts. Yes, Immaculate Conception was confusion, after t...
(Quote) Amber-931533 said:

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the posts. Yes, Immaculate Conception was confusion, after they went over it in RCIA I get it. However my initial impression was that it had to do with Christ's conception since I had not, prior to RCIA learned much about Our Blessed Mother.

I do pray the Rosary several times a week but after three years I still need my prayer card for the Rosary to keep the Mysteries straight. My Parish gave everyone in my RCIA class a Catechism for a confirmation present and it is really helpful for reference. All of your perspectives are helpful because sometimes becoming Catholic feels like I've moved to an entirely different country even though I haven't moved.

My Parish never has Latin Mass but I may try to visit one some time for the experience and connection to history. After all isn't Latin the Church's official language? I do like understanding the words of the liturgy though....learning Latin is on my to do list but it is a ways down.

All of your responses are encouraging and helpful, thank you for taking the time to reply :)

--hide--

I can't think of anything off of the top of my head, but I've been Catholic since I was 2 months old. wink I still have a prayer card for the Rosary, and I went to Catholic school where we said the rosary at least once a week before Mass. Hard to say just feel comfortable and welcome, but do. Welcome to the Faith. :)

Posts 11 - 13 of 13