Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share
For discussion that revolves around a place, state, or country.
Mar 22nd 2013 new

I just noticed your CM number is 902101. If you drop the last 1 you have 90210. I think this is God telling you to move to Beverly Hills. biggrin

Mar 22nd 2013 new
Bill mahr, host of Politically Incorrect, is a HUGH fan of the current administration. In the past week even he said the taxes are too much and is thinking about leaving! CA has even instituted a tax for all who want to move out of, LEAVE the state. If you have the ability to leave it isn't fair to the rest who can't.

The weather might be nice but there are soooooooooo many other things to consider. I'm in the column ARE YOU NUTS? Skinny dipping in the Antartic winter makes more sense than moving from TX to CA!
Mar 22nd 2013 new

Move to Bakersfield. The Central Valley has oil wells and cotton fields...just like Texas.

Mar 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Brett-848238 said: I just noticed your CM number is 902101. If you drop the last 1 you have 90210. I think this is G...
(Quote) Brett-848238 said:

I just noticed your CM number is 902101. If you drop the last 1 you have 90210. I think this is God telling you to move to Beverly Hills.

--hide--

Brett,

Haha! Yes, when I signed up for CM I noticed this right away and thought the exact same thing. Although I'd love to live in BH--or at least think I would--I don't exactly make an 9-figure salary (or more!). LOL

Mar 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Clair-6292 said: Bill mahr, host of Politically Incorrect, is a HUGH fan of the current administration. In the past week ev...
(Quote) Clair-6292 said: Bill mahr, host of Politically Incorrect, is a HUGH fan of the current administration. In the past week even he said the taxes are too much and is thinking about leaving! CA has even instituted a tax for all who want to move out of, LEAVE the state. If you have the ability to leave it isn't fair to the rest who can't.

The weather might be nice but there are soooooooooo many other things to consider. I'm in the column ARE YOU NUTS? Skinny dipping in the Antartic winter makes more sense than moving from TX to CA!
--hide--

Clair,

I appreciate your input and certainly you are entitled to your input. For starters, I NEVER do anything that Bill Mahr does; in fact, if he's leaving California then Hallelujah! That one less liberal I'll have to deal with.

Secondly, if you look at the taxes, yes, they are high--but only truly high for those make over $250,000 per year. I wish I could say I fit into that tax bracket but sadly I don't and likely never will--unless somehow God just opens up some amazing doors for me. I'm just starting out and on my way to a fine career and have realized that there are many pharmaceutical and medical companies all throughout California. This is great news for me because I'm going into clinical research and research monitoring. Plus, we all know, California could use a little more conservatives.

So, for anyone who actually reads this, I don't need anymore advice on moving to California. I've already made up my mind that if God opens the right door--ie job--then I'm going to take it. I'm young and not tied down and those are two positives on my side. Life is short and I say don't let liberals, earthquakes, Bill Mahr, or taxes which don't apply to your bracket and don't affect you, scare you! ;)

Mar 22nd 2013 new
(Quote) Tiffiany-902101 said: Clair, I appreciate your input and certainly you are entitle...
(Quote) Tiffiany-902101 said:

Clair,

I appreciate your input and certainly you are entitled to your input. For starters, I NEVER do anything that Bill Mahr does; in fact, if he's leaving California then Hallelujah! That one less liberal I'll have to deal with.

Secondly, if you look at the taxes, yes, they are high--but only truly high for those make over $250,000 per year. I wish I could say I fit into that tax bracket but sadly I don't and likely never will--unless somehow God just opens up some amazing doors for me. I'm just starting out and on my way to a fine career and have realized that there are many pharmaceutical and medical companies all throughout California. This is great news for me because I'm going into clinical research and research monitoring. Plus, we all know, California could use a little more conservatives.

So, for anyone who actually reads this, I don't need anymore advice on moving to California. I've already made up my mind that if God opens the right door--ie job--then I'm going to take it. I'm young and not tied down and those are two positives on my side. Life is short and I say don't let liberals, earthquakes, Bill Mahr, or taxes which don't apply to your bracket and don't affect you, scare you! ;)

--hide--

The problem with your thinking is the Progressives are NOY content with only taefwrubf one group. They only start with one group. The rest will be targeted before they finish.

Obamacare is one example. "If you like what you have you get to keep it," according to Obama. It helps the poor person... In the news today healthcare cosrs will double next year.
Mar 22nd 2013 new
Also, devaluing the dollar by printing more or digitizing it drives up the cost of everything. To have the same buying power tou need more moony = raise in salary? $250K might end up being the poverty level by the time Obama & friends get done!

Since when can anyone trust whar a liar says?
Mar 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: Move to Bakersfield. The Central Valley has oil wells and cotton fields...just like Texas.
(Quote) Sean-851370 said: Move to Bakersfield. The Central Valley has oil wells and cotton fields...just like Texas.
--hide--

I've even given that one some thought.

Mar 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

Move to Bakersfield. The Central Valley has oil wells and cotton fields...just like Texas.

--hide--

Why move someplace just like where you are living now? Might as well stay where you are at and save on moving costs.

Mar 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Clair-6292 said: The weather might be nice but there are soooooooooo many other things to consider.
(Quote) Clair-6292 said:

--hide--

What are the things you would consider when deciding whether or not to move somewhere? Just curious - maybe this will help me figure out why people think moving to California is such a crazy thing.

Posts 21 - 30 of 65