Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share
For discussion that revolves around a place, state, or country.
Mar 25th 2013 new

I live in Los Angeles and only have a twenty minute drive to work. As everyone is going to work in LA, I am driving north/east and the north of Pasadina. So it is important to check out traffic and public transportation. Without my car, it takes almost two hours to get to work or home. I love that I can go to the beach and moutains with in an hour. Have fun!

Mar 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernadette-363720 said: I live in Los Angeles and only have a twenty minute drive to work. As everyone is going to w...
(Quote) Bernadette-363720 said:

I live in Los Angeles and only have a twenty minute drive to work. As everyone is going to work in LA, I am driving north/east and the north of Pasadina. So it is important to check out traffic and public transportation. Without my car, it takes almost two hours to get to work or home. I love that I can go to the beach and moutains with in an hour. Have fun!

--hide--

Thanks Bernadette! I was heart-set on living in SoCal but for some reason God must want me in NorCal because that is where all my job offers are coming from. So, I guess I'll be a Californian in a few months living in the Bay Area! :)

Mar 26th 2013 new

wave Hi there Tiffany,

Just wanted to say that California is great place to live, perticularly southern Cal. I travels have tooken me many places accross the country and around the world but I always find myself back home in Cali. I know California gets a bad rap because it's astrange political veiws and failed economy and God only knows for that reason I thought about moving out myself for those reasons. But I can't let bad politics drive me away from a place I always considered home and afterall it's probably one of the best geographical locaions around the globe to live. For all those people who bad mouth California for whatever reasons. So what it might be a little screwed up. Name one society that isn't? At the end of the day the people will do what the people will do and you just got to ask yourself. Where is God calling you to?

Hope that helps you in your thought process and if your ever in Cali look me up.

Eric

Mar 30th 2013 new

Hi there,

I'm a bit late to the party but I wanted to chime in as I used to live in Texas (in Austin--which I know is more liberal, but it's still a red state) and I now live in Los Angeles.

So, no, moving from TX to CA isn't crazy, it can be done.

When I looked into moving I bought a book called the Places Rated Almanac. It was great resource and it helped me choose LA, which was a good choice for me.

If I can help more please PM me.

~Cynthia

Apr 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: Move to Bakersfield. The Central Valley has oil wells and cotton fields...just like Texas.
(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

Move to Bakersfield. The Central Valley has oil wells and cotton fields...just like Texas.

--hide--

True. My cousin from Texas moved to Bakersfield and works for an oil company. biggrin

Posts 61 - 65 of 65